What's new

ASUS RT-AC87U Firmware version 3.0.0.4.378.4608 - Just released!

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Is MU-MIMO enabled in this new firmware?

No, and even if it did, why would it matter? There isn't a single MU-MIMO client available on the market at the moment.

No, and even if it did, why would it matter? There isn't a single MU-MIMO client available on the market at the moment.

Thank you Merlin. By the time it does support MU-MIMO this router will be $149.99 I'll buy it at that time.

Almost 4 days with .4608, so far so good! Beamforming both enabled. Cross fingers to stay like this, rock solid...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Almost 4 days with .4608, so far so good! Beamforming both enabled. Cross fingers to stay like this, rock solid...

Agree - Same here..........

CC

5g radio doesn't seem to enforce guest network.
2.4 does, just a heads up. If that is all that is broken with this firmware, I may not upgrade after this one. Perfection in my book.

edit: forgot to mention, if you share ssid with 5g, it will break guest network on the 2.4 as well.

Edit2: i just thought about it, I was testing from my 5g wireless - so LOL if the device is G it probably still enforces it. I'm not sure about that portion.

What is wrong with the timezone setting. I now there is a trick to get it wright, but I can not get it done. I updated the firmware reset it, and filled in all the settings again. I use static ip's with mac, so it's not very quick. I have to use the timezone Amsterdam +1 and the time is one hour off (later). When I put it on Dublin (gmt 0) it,s 1 hour early. I can't get it done, also not when I change the user and password the same time. Please help?

I have 2 x AC87. Did a speed test on port 1(First router), only able to 100Mbps on a 1Gbps internet. Tried port 2 on the same router and gotten 800Mbps.

For the second router, port 1 to 4's speediest only gave me 400Mbps.

Did anyone experience throttled bandwidth on port 1 or lower bandwidth when provider's router is configured as bridge.

What is wrong with the timezone setting. I now there is a trick to get it wright, but I can not get it done. I updated the firmware reset it, and filled in all the settings again. I use static ip's with mac, so it's not very quick. I have to use the timezone Amsterdam +1 and the time is one hour off (later). When I put it on Dublin (gmt 0) it,s 1 hour early. I can't get it done, also not when I change the user and password the same time. Please help?
Check the setting for DST time zone changes start/end. They may be wrong (e.g. "start" should be month 3 , week 5 .... for NL and IE).

I have 2 x AC87. Did a speed test on port 1(First router), only able to 100Mbps on a 1Gbps internet. Tried port 2 on the same router and gotten 800Mbps.

Did anyone experience throttled bandwidth on port 1 or lower bandwidth when provider's router is configured as bridge.

As far as I know, the eth port 1 on ac87u is through quantenna CPU and the rest are on main Broadcom CPU. I avoided using port 1, i'm using 2,3 and 4 + cisco switch...

Hope this helps...

I only use port 3 and 4. No problem with my speed :)

had speed issue with Lan port 1 too, im now using the WAN port on my AP, and also on my Media bridge,

so we have first port at 100mbit/s only ??
For me this is unacceptable.

I must test this on my 87u....

ps. i connect my pc to LAN1 port and copy from usb drive connected to usb3 port in 87u. As we see speed is quite ok, and much more than 100mbit/s ;)
speed1-jpg.3535

Attachments

• speed1.jpg
    speed1.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 627
Last edited:
Hello,

Yes using insidder 4.2 I see n,g,ac fluctuating but mostly n,ac. What I also see is sometimes no security padlock, ie unknown and other times it has the padlock and identifies the security I have. One other thing that fluctuates is the SSID name. I have the router configured not to broadcast it. Yet at times its displayed and other times its not.

On 2.4 SSID never shows and security always has the padlock.
I upgraded to this version today.
So far all is working
o.png

Can someone test dual wan failover - either ours failed to do it automatically or I missed a settings somewhere.

edit: it works, firmware must have cleared the dual wan settings for failover.

Last edited:

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!