What's new

ASUS RT-N66U Beta Firmware version 3.0.0.4.378.4850

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

What exactly changed with DDNS?
I am really hoping for a "raw" URL or DYNDNS2 support using Google.
I don't see much difference compared to older versions in the user interface, the header "help" text may be changed:
upload_2015-4-18_20-16-1.png

What exactly changed with DDNS?
I am really hoping for a "raw" URL or DYNDNS2 support using Google.

What has changed is just like Asus changelog says.

Support URL was added that will take you to a nslookup page.

old.jpg
new.jpg

I am using 3754 still on RT-AC66U. Any sig reason to update to 4850 other than my natural, uncontrolled burning desire to have the latest? I don't use the VPN so presumably the OpenSSL update is not a draw.

I am using 3754 still on RT-AC66U. Any sig reason to update to 4850 other than my natural, uncontrolled burning desire to have the latest? I don't use the VPN so presumably the OpenSSL update is not a draw.

Since it's beta I would wait before upgrading. Once they release a final release however I recommend you do upgrade. It's not just a 3754 to 4850 jump. It's a 376_3754 to 378_4850 jump - there is nearly a year of development and bugfixes in there.

I do not complain:
upload_2015-5-8_16-44-6.png

One month since the Beta release, install, clear NVRAM, configure and run smooth for a month.
I would say keep this beta or...
...add Merlins wireless site survey and make it a final release :)