What's new

Asus RT-N66U Firewall and port rules

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

nibor52

New Around Here
Hi Guys

I am a new subscriber to SNB and would be grateful if someone could help me with a port attack problem I have on my network. I use an Asus RT-N66U Router with Asuswrt-Merlin firmware 378.50 and need to have port 8001 open so I can stream media using an application called Openwebif which only allows streaming through this port, but about 3 weeks ago I noticed my media streamer changing channels by itself , after a little investigation I discovered at least a dozen people accessing it so I had to close the open port. The problem I have is those people are still constantly scanning that port 24hrs a day and I cannot find a way to set access to that port to certain IP addresses via a firewall rule , is there a way to do this on the Merlin firmware or would I have to flash the router with Tomato? Any help would be gratefully received.

Many Thanks

Robin