What's new

Asus RT n66u; guest login to usb network share

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

punchsuckr

Hi all, my first post here, however I've been reader for quite a while.

Setup my new RT n66u yesterday, updated it after initial config. I attached a 1TB WD usb hard drive to it and it was functioning properly and I could access it from my computers via windows explorer by adding it as a network location and it was also easily accessible from my androids.
Nothing except DLNA and network share were active in the options.

Another update cropped up today; I updated it yet again and it prompted me to disable guest login which was previously enabling me seamless access from my network devices.

As far as I can understand, this only enables access to the share from within my lan and not from the WAN side or am I wrong and that the whole ftp accessible from WAN issue back in Feb was because of this setting? :confused:

I have tried accessing the NAS from my external ip via ftp and it doesn't seem accessible.

Please throw some light on it as disabling guest login makes it quite annoying to access the hdd.

Thank you :)

@mods Got the wrong subforum. Please move to the wireless Asus section.

Attachments

• nas.PNG
    nas.PNG
    42.5 KB · Views: 386
Last edited: