What's new

Asuswrt-Merlin 3.0.0.4.246.19 is out

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

That sucks, I think. Anyway I just flashed back to 3.0.0.4.166 and the issue is gone. I can edit entries in Parental Controls (I have to use it to keep my son from playing Xbox 360 all night) and they do not go all helter skelter.

I am an idiot. Version 3.0.0.4.166 does not have AiCloud activated so I flashed up to version 3.0.0.4.208 (a Beta testing AiCloud version) and it seems to still be OK. If this persists I am just going to flash back to a version that is stable and use Pocket Cloud to access my desktop, laptop and through them, the router. The pro version is only $15 and it gives your smartphone remote access to your systems.

No. As I said, PARENTAL2 code goes back to probably even before when the RT-N66U was released. Any issue would be related to other changes Asus have done to the parental code over time.

PARENTAL2 is (as far as I recall) the interface you are seeing right now where you can drag and select time periods. Previously it was entirely text-based - a completely different interface.
Then PARENTAL2 has been used in the RT-N66U since its launch as you suspected. This is maddening as this issue only started with version 3.0.0.4.220 but perhaps that is coincidental. Thanks Merlin.

Thanks a lot Merlin for your hard work and great release! Upgraded today with this release and everything seem to work fine so far...

Then PARENTAL2 has been used in the RT-N66U since its launch as you suspected. This is maddening as this issue only started with version 3.0.0.4.220 but perhaps that is coincidental. Thanks Merlin.

I suspect that a very limited number of users are using Parental Control, so Asus probably gets less feedback on that feature than on the usual wireless features. If you haven't dont that yet I suggest you contact Asus to make sure they are aware of that issue (or maybe they can point you to how to work around it in case it's a known issue). Make sure to mention which version works and which doesn't - it's always very helpful to have a regression window to track down such "used to work, not anymore" type of issues.

I've noticed since upgrading to the latest firmware my devices keep disconnecting from the 2.4ghz AP and when i try to reconnect it can't find the AP. This may have something to do with the wireless drivers used in 246

Last edited:
RT-N66U Wireless Stability Issues update:

I just uploaded version 3.0.0.4.246.19b for the RT-N66U. This version is the same as 246.19, except I reverted the wireless driver back to the version from build 220. So far this has resolved the various stability issues for at least four testers (one single tester still had issues, so I suspect it was a different problem in his case).

Thanks everyone for testing this!

I've just installed this version on the rt-n66u and i dont seem to have the problem with the 2.4ghz wireless anymore. Thanks for the quick fix.

That's strange as I haven't noticed any issues at all. The problem I have is with the Parental Control feature but that started in version 220. My solution has been to downgrade to version 208, an AiCloud beta version, and then reflash version 220. Yesterday I downgraded to version 166, which I think is another AiCloud beta version, and then flash to 220 and then 246-Merlin. I haven't had any issues with wireless connectivity at all. My son lives on that Xbox 360 and if he had any problems I would have heard about it instantly.

That's strange as I haven't noticed any issues at all. The problem I have is with the Parental Control feature but that started in version 220. My solution has been to downgrade to version 208, an AiCloud beta version, and then reflash version 220. Yesterday I downgraded to version 166, which I think is another AiCloud beta version, and then flash to 220 and then 246-Merlin. I haven't had any issues with wireless connectivity at all. My son lives on that Xbox 360 and if he had any problems I would have heard about it instantly.

Yes, I haven't seen any problems with 246.19 wireless, either, with all our various wireless devices (laptop, smart phones, iPad, ethernet bridge, etc.). It may be that this is a problem where there's an interaction between particular devices and/or feature usage and wireless behavior. In any case, thanks for helping those that are having problems, good job of supporting your users.

Yes, I haven't seen any problems with 246.19 wireless, either, with all our various wireless devices (laptop, smart phones, iPad, ethernet bridge, etc.). It may be that this is a problem where there's an interaction between particular devices and/or feature usage and wireless behavior. In any case, thanks for helping those that are having problems, good job of supporting your users.

I guess that having certain sorts of local wireless interference (like a lot of neighboring signals) might also be a factor in bringing out wireless problems...We just have a few here.

RMerlin: Build 246.19b doesn't show the "b" in the webui -- thought you'd want to know. (I flashed twice 'cause I wasn't sure I did it the first time.)

RMerlin: Build 246.19b doesn't show the "b" in the webui -- thought you'd want to know. (I flashed twice 'cause I wasn't sure I did it the first time.)

That's normal. The firmware code doesn't allow for non-numerical characters in the version field (aside from the dot).

Would it be possible to fix the additional DHCP options in the wan-advanced
page? it works in build 178 15 but i have not been able to use it in the newer builds 220 18 or 246 19
I am a uk sky fibre user and require this option to logon to sky

thanks

RT-AC66U after hitting APPLy web server does not restart

I am running the your latest firmware. After I change any parameter and select APPLY the https web server does not work. I have to remove power to restore the web server. If I select APPLY again, the https web server does not work. Any suggestions.

Would it be possible to fix the additional DHCP options in the wan-advanced
page? it works in build 178 15 but i have not been able to use it in the newer builds 220 18 or 246 19
I am a uk sky fibre user and require this option to logon to sky

thanks

I'm aware of the issue. Asus changed the DHCP client with 220. The new one doesn't have the same arguments as the old one. I tried to make it supply the same arguments, but looks like it doesn't work.

I'll see what I can do, but it's hard to troubleshoot this blindly since no one else in the world seems to use those DHCP extensions but Sky...

I am running the your latest firmware. After I change any parameter and select APPLY the https web server does not work. I have to remove power to restore the web server. If I select APPLY again, the https web server does not work. Any suggestions.

Make sure you didn't set the HTTPS server to port 443, in which case it will conflict with AiCloud.

Here in the UK, we have just gone from BST (GMT + 1) back to GMT (clocks go back 1 hour), but the system time did not change, even after a reboot from the gui. Changing the options to enable manual daylight saving time worked however.

Is this a known problem with ASUS routers?

Thanks for your reply Merlin
I think there are a lot of people that could benefit from your exellent firmware
if this could be fixed.Sky routers are very poor and a lot of people are looking
for alternatives ,Billion are one of the few available but the RT-N66U just rocks
I would be happy to test any changes you can make

thanks
Del

Last edited:

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!