What's new

Asuswrt-Merlin 3.0.0.4.246.20 is coming

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

lfbb

Regular Contributor
3.0.0.4.246.20:
- NEW: Wifi status icon will be half colored if only one radio is enabled.
- NEW: Wifi status icon popup will report the state of each radios.
- NEW: upnp custom config file for miniupnpd
- NEW: unmount user script
- NEW: led_ctrl, makemime applet (for use in conjunction with sendmail)
- NEW: Implemented control for network switch LED (all four at once)
- NEW: disable_leds.sh (turn off all LEDs) and restore_leds.sh (back to normal)
- FIXED: Radio toggle through WPS button would be overriden by a scheduled
radio. Reverted "switch" to "toggle" code to prevent this.
- FIXED: You couldn't disable DMZ by clearing the IP field.
- FIXED: You couldn't edit entered text in DHCP/MAC/etc name field
- FIXED: clientid passing for some ISPs requiring it (like Sky UK)
was broken with the DHCP client change of build 220.
- FIXED: No longer reboot the router three times during boot time if one
of the radios is disabled by the user. (RT-N66U)
- FIXED: Changing the router login name to anything other than "admin"
would prevent radvd, ecmh and the cru script from working
properly - they all assumed "admin". Made then use
http_username instead (which is tied to the superuser)
- CHANGED: Improved SMB and vsftpd read performance by up to 30%

https://github.com/RMerl/asuswrt-merlin/blob/master/README-merlin.txt

Note that this is just the current version of the README on the development repository. I just push stuff as I develop it, it's not a sign that the next version is right around the corner. Could still be a week or two of work before the next release, features can still change along the way, etc...

10000 comedians out of work in the world today and you want to be one,lol

- FIXED: Radio toggle through WPS button would be overriden by a scheduled radio. Reverted "switch" to "toggle" code to prevent this.

That's good news for me. :)

Thanks Merlin I look forward to the release when it is ready..

Great news!
The question is, which wireless driver will be compiled?

The wireless driver will remain the one from 220, unless a new firmware comes out from Asus in the mean time. No reason to use the broken 246 version.

The wireless driver will remain the one from 220, unless a new firmware comes out from Asus in the mean time. No reason to use the broken 246 version.

Sounds like a plan to me. :)

Note that this is just the current version of the README on the development repository. I just push stuff as I develop it, it's not a sign that the next version is right around the corner. Could still be a week or two of work before the next release, features can still change along the way, etc...

speaking of the LED enabling and Disabling..

you think they would implement a way to turn it off on certain hours and not all the time? ( Ie, at night only ) ?

...Update?

Still no new source code from Asus. It's being looked into it. Once I know if the GPL release is just around the corner or being delayed for technical reasons I'll be able to plan accordingly. Until then, there is no ETA.

you think they would implement a way to turn it off on certain hours and not all the time? ( Ie, at night only ) ?

If by "they" you mean me (because this is a feature of my custom firmware, not Asus's original firmware), you will be able to easily do it through a Cron job. I already posted an example on how this will be possible.

An immediate solution is to use black electrical tape. I am not using it now but I have in the past when family members have complained about the LED's brightness in the past. It works like a charm, is easily removed and left no marks on the router's exterior.

#!/bin/sh
cru a lightsoff 0 18 * * * "/jffs/scripts/ledsoff.sh"
cru a lightson 0 6 * * * "/jffs/scripts/ledson.sh"
I confess I haven't tried this. But I would think the shell would expand the unquoted asterisks to all files in the current directory. Wouldn't you need \* or '*'?

I confess I haven't tried this. But I would think the shell would expand the unquoted asterisks to all files in the current directory. Wouldn't you need \* or '*'?

No, this is the correct syntax. An * in itself is simply processed as an argument by the cru script.

And when this will happen? Asus also delayed release of sources for latest fw, strange...

I already answered this only a few posts above this (#12).

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!