What's new

Asuswrt-Merlin 3.0.0.4.264.22 is out

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

I mean which Netfilter module returned the error message? Maybe you just needed to modprobe or insmod it first.

I am trying to evoke the multicast filter. ;)

ebtables -A FORWARD -o "eth1" --pkttype-type multicast -j DROP
ebtables -A OUTPUT -o "eth1" --pkttype-type multicast -j DROP

Do i have to edit or enable something to get utorrent traffic to show in the traffic monitor ? i've enabled to monitor per device/ip but seems to show a few mb in an hour even if utorrent seeds 3-4megabytes per second.

Do i have to edit or enable something to get utorrent traffic to show in the traffic monitor ? i've enabled to monitor per device/ip but seems to show a few mb in an hour even if utorrent seeds 3-4megabytes per second.

There's currently an issue where the traffic monitor will sometimes fail to track traffic. The issue seems random so I have been unable to track it down yet.

See what happens if you disable HW Acceleration on the LAN -> Switch Ctrl page - it's possible that it causes traffic to bypass the traffic acccounting rules in the firewall.

There's currently an issue where the traffic monitor will sometimes fail to track traffic. The issue seems random so I have been unable to track it down yet.

See what happens if you disable HW Acceleration on the LAN -> Switch Ctrl page - it's possible that it causes traffic to bypass the traffic acccounting rules in the firewall.

just checked, hw acceleration was off...enabled it, maybe there's a difference

edit: works now, either the hw accel needed to be on or it just took time to display properly, shows several GB's upload now :)

Last edited:
I've noticed there is a new firmware for ASUS RT-AC66U: v3.0.0.4.266 that
Improved the wireless connection stability and fixed some UPnP compatibility issue. Any chance for RMerlin update in accordance with the new oficial firmware?

I've noticed there is a new firmware for ASUS RT-AC66U: v3.0.0.4.266 that
Improved the wireless connection stability and fixed some UPnP compatibility issue. Any chance for RMerlin update in accordance with the new oficial firmware?

As usual - until Asus releases the source code, I can't do anything.

just checked, hw acceleration was off...enabled it, maybe there's a difference

edit: works now, either the hw accel needed to be on or it just took time to display properly, shows several GB's upload now :)

The issue is actually quite random. If it didn't work for you before while you already had HW acceleration disabled then it means it's something else. Unfortunately indications would point to the Iptable modules used for traffic accounting, and I am no Kernel expert, so it will be difficult for me to track it down, especially if it keeps randomly starting to work :(

Hi,
I have an AC66U running Merlin 260.21 without any issues and pretty standard settings. When I upgraded to 264.22 the router comes back without any issue but all I have is local only (no internet) access. The router seems to be communicating because I get an update from DNS-O-Matic with the new IP but no computers are able to access the internet.

I upgraded once on my laptop and then reverted on my desktop to .21 and everything went back to normal. I then downloaded .22 on my desktop and flashed from my desktop with the same results. Same results on all wireless devices as well as on my hard wired desktops. Reverting to .21 with no other changes restores internet connections.

I can email the system log on request, only thing I found of interest was:

Dec 31 19:00:13 WAN Connection: ISP's DHCP did not function properly.

Any Thoughts on what the problem is or should I just wait for .23 and see if that resolves the issue?

I've come back to this build (from the ASUS .266) since I ended up having the same issue trying to do a backup operation from my W2003 server to a USB drive connected to the router - the drive became inaccessible and the UI became unreachable. I haven't had any time to try and troubleshoot what's happening - it's probably a LAN adapter driver issue. . .

When you update the f/w from the desktop is the desktop connected by wire ?
Did you power off/on the router before you updated the f/w and did you power off / on it after the update was complete ?
I have had no issues when I update the f/w between Merlins or Asus.
If you are really stuck during the update you can always put the router in rescue mode and use the Asus recovery tool to update the f/w.

Any Thoughts on what the problem is or should I just wait for .23 and see if that resolves the issue?

This thread needs some clean up/separation as you have some posting on RT-AC66U while others are posting on the RT-N66U.

When you update the f/w from the desktop is the desktop connected by wire ?
Did you power off/on the router before you updated the f/w and did you power off / on it after the update was complete ?
I have had no issues when I update the f/w between Merlins or Asus.
If you are really stuck during the update you can always put the router in rescue mode and use the Asus recovery tool to update the f/w.

The desktop is hooked via wired gb lan, the router was powered on and off before / after. I have never had any problem with Merlin's firmwares until this version. I was able to flash back to .21 and everything worked as before.

Thanks,
J

I have had issues when I update firmware both Asus and Merlins but then it always is solved by setting the unit in recovery mode and then update the f/w with Asus recovery tool. You should try this way to update to Merlins fw .22.

The desktop is hooked via wired gb lan, the router was powered on and off before / after. I have never had any problem with Merlin's firmwares until this version. I was able to flash back to .21 and everything worked as before.

Thanks,
J

Try re-enabling the firewall then. Traffic monitoring relies on iptables to do its accounting.

There is no real reason to disable the firewall on this router if you are actually using it as a router.

Thanks Merlin, issue has been resolve (Per device traffic monitoring requires firewall to be enabled in order to work properly).

Which build is stable for N66u

Does anyone know which build of Merlin's is stable for the N66u? Build 264.22? .21? .20? and so on..

Howdy folks,

The move to a new download site
As you probably know by now, downloads have now been centralized on Mediafire. I registered for a professional account, so there won't be any ads, roadblocks or captchas. This is due to Github no longer allowing the hosting of download files, and also the increased worry that my website host might eventually get notice of the constant rise in bandwidth usage caused by downloads. Their fineprints aren't 100% clear on how open they are to that kind of use, so I decided to play safe and host all downloads elsewhere.

They would have sent you an email, for sure. An old web host of mine denied access to some files I was sharing because of too much use. I switched providers. :)

.22 has been faultless for me on an RTN66U.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I've also found .21 has been stable for some time. In fact, not having a strong enough reason to update to .22, I haven't done so.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!