What's new

Asuswrt-Merlin 3.0.0.4.270.26 is out

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

What is your Save Location set to on the Tools -> Other Settings page?

RAM (Default)

I think that's my only choice, not having any place custom to put the data. And about 200MB of free memory.

Still all blank...no Reception or Transmission numbers, or Real-time data at all.

RAM (Default)

I think that's my only choice, not having any place custom to put the data. And about 200MB of free memory.

Still all blank...no Reception or Transmission numbers, or Real-time data at all.

I can't reproduce the issue here. Open your web browser's error console, and see if there is a Javascript error while on the realtime page. If so, post the content of the line number where the error occurs.

I can't reproduce the issue here. Open your web browser's error console, and see if there is a Javascript error while on the realtime page. If so, post the content of the line number where the error occurs.

Wow, interesting, I cleared my browser browsing history, and now I'm seeing data. I should take my own advice and think about the browser state when something like this happens...

Glad to see this, since the router has been working great with 270.26. And I've been enjoying seeing device names instead of MAC addresses, thanks again for that.

Hi Merlin

I have probs wihte the Time Zone

Attachments

• 01.jpg
    01.jpg
    64.1 KB · Views: 385
Hi Merlin

I have probs wihte the Time Zone

This is a known issue with Asus FW.
In Administration - System, you can check the "Manual Daylight Saving time" and input manually the DST details for your region.

Do you still have the "Simpler share naming" option set to "yes" on the "Usb Application, Miscellaneous" page?

Yep , something has changed with .26 , that setting doesn't seem to work any more.

drive is now showing as sda1 here too...

you can check the "Manual Daylight Saving time"

Don't see that option....

Edit: Found it. You have to pick a time zone that uses day light savings time.

Last edited:
Hi Merlin,

assuming no issues with settings migrating from 24b to .26? I always save anyway, but compatible, correct? Also, any truth to the question in the other thread from this morning regarding issue with NFS clients on 25/26?

Thanks, looking forward to this update!

Mike

Last edited:
Yep , something has changed with .26 , that setting doesn't seem to work any more.

drive is now showing as sda1 here too...

Change your drive label - remove the space in it.

Asuswrt uses the same function (is_valid_hostname()) to validate both hostnames and volume labels, which is wrong - volume labels allow spaces, but hostnames do not. Someone decided to take a shortcut I guess by re-using a function NOT intended to validate volume labels.

So when I fixed hostname validation, it broke volume label validation. Next release will have a separate function to validate volume labels as they should.

In the mean time, just rename volumes to remove any space from their name.

Hi Merlin,

assuming no issues with settings migrating from 24b to .26? I always save anyway, but compatible, correct? Also, any truth to the question in the other thread from this morning regarding issue with NFS clients on 25/26?

Thanks, looking forward to this update!

Mike

Settings are back/forward compatible.

Not sure what that NFS user is doing, since there is no user-based authentication involved in NFS.

Asterisk PBX/FreePBX VOIP traffic on 26

Compugup
RMerlin
Compugup
I have an Asterisk/FreePBX PBX running on a separate server in the local net, none of my Voip trunks was registering anymore with 25b. Had to switch back to 24. No idea what the cause might be, didn't have problems with previous versions. Sorry.
Disable the SIP helper on the Firewall page.

Tried again:
24: Sip helper enabled, no problems.
Had no problems before with 22 either (Sip helper enabled).

24->25b:
Asterisk log: chan_sip.c: -- Registration for 'xxxxxxx@sip.xxxxxxxxx.com' timed out, trying again (Attempt #12)
None of the 4 Voip trunks is registering.
Disabled Sip helper.
Did not change the situation.
Disabled all the Sip trunks and waited for 10 minutes.
Enabled one Sip trunk: not registering.
Enabled all 4: not registering.

Switched back 25b->24:
Manual reboot: switched on/off the router.
4 voip trunks working immediatly (Sip helper still disabled).

Hope you have a clue what might make the difference.

For what it's worth, I switched from 24 to 26: no problems anymore, all Voip lines stay registered.

I love the 128 item DHCP list, works perfect (use now 34 MAC addresses).

Thanks a lot !

Last edited:
I uploaded build 26b to Mediafire, which resolved support for volume labels with spaces in them.

Device traffic monitoring missing also

Now that you mention it, I went and looked at my Traffic Monitor data, and there's nothing happening there at all, all empty fields. I don't recall having to do anything before to enable this, so I'm pretty surprised to see nothing coming in for new (or old *smile*) "Real-time" data.

Maybe it's just me, I don't save data on a memory key or USB disk, just whatever the router currently has...nothing there, all blank, and no new data being collected.

???

Just upgraded to the lates B version, thanks Merlin. The only thing I have notice is i see the error message:

Jan 2 00:21:23 cstats[589]: Problem loading /mnt/NAS_60GB/asusfolder/tomato_cstats_c86000d2ddc0.gz. Still trying..

The file is there and i have tried deleting it and restarting a new one via the tools page but this message seems to keep coming back after about a week. The Global traffic breakdowns all have data but the Per Device is blank for the history. Not a show stopper as everything else works just dandy...

Thanks!

I did this, along with completely wiping all the log files, and re-creating all the data files and advanced datafiles, and now we've got full usage data. Everything looks good for me, and I don't need the "B" version of .26 because my mount is /dev/sda1/data with no spaces. Happy happy! And thanks.

Just upgraded to the lates B version, thanks Merlin. The only thing I have notice is i see the error message:

Jan 2 00:21:23 cstats[589]: Problem loading /mnt/NAS_60GB/asusfolder/tomato_cstats_c86000d2ddc0.gz. Still trying..

The file is there and i have tried deleting it and restarting a new one via the tools page but this message seems to keep coming back after about a week. The Global traffic breakdowns all have data but the Per Device is blank for the history. Not a show stopper as everything else works just dandy...

Thanks!

Recheck the data file location path to ensure it's correct.

Losing wan connection

Hi
Just wanted to report mishappening i've had since i upgraded my RT-AC66U router till firmware 3.0.0.4.270.26
Last week ive lost WAN cnnection twice which have never happened before. I called telia to see if they had issuies but no. THey measured a clr and fine signal to our modem so i suspect thr router.
I down graded the firmware to .24 which I exp. very stable.
Just as info if someone else exp the same.
Best of luck

Diveblaster

Per Device Traffic Error

Recheck the data file location path to ensure it's correct.

Hmmm the path is right but i went ahead and redid it to confirm and waiting in the logs for about 10 mins and this is what I saw:

Mar 18 09:34:34 cstats[13192]: Problem loading /mnt/NAS_60GB/asusfolder/tomato_cstats_c86000d2ddc0.gz. Still trying..

If I am the only one with this issue must be an issue with the file again so i might try and reset the data files :rolleyes:

As I mentioned not a show stopper as I dont have any other issues at all with your firmware. No issues at all with wireless dropping off or anything that people have mentioned.

I seem to have this every new release and have to reset my data files to fix it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!