What's new

Asuswrt-Merlin 3.0.0.4.372.30_2

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

I've just upgraded from 3.0.0.4.354.29-BETA1 and cleared all of my settings as I hadn't done it previously. I think I've found a lower priority bug in parental controls.

When I reconfigured my parental controls in 3.0.0.4.372.30.1 I had my kids set to from 7am work until midnight on a Saturday (the last column) but they complained that they couldn't access the internet. I regressed to 3.0.0.4.354.29 and the view of their settings showed that there was only 7am to 8am activated for the Saturday even though it had showed correctly.

I understand this won't take the priority that some other problems will.

It was so sluggish I decided to back off the new release and go back to 354.29. For the record, I don't use Download Master (not really sure what it is). I do have a 32GB USB disk plugged into it, but it is largely empty, so it shouldn't be busy with it. I'll likely give it another go but not tonight.
--
bc

Problem turned out to be related to a beta release of eset nod32 v7. When I disable its inbuilt http checking, no more sluggishness, no more constant "refreshing" circle spinning. I'm reporting this to eset. Sorry for the false alarm.
--
bc

DDNS Issue

Merlin,

First, thank you for your hard work and dedication, your firmware is awesome. I have recommended this router and your firmware to many people!

I too am seeing a DDNS issue and am providing some detail for diagnostics. It's working according to the syslog but not according to the Network status page.

Router: RT-N66U
Firmware: 3.0.0.4.372.30_2
DDNS Provider: DYNDNS (dyn.com)
Router DDNS Setting: www.dydns.org (Custom)

Upgraded firmeware from .29b1 to 30_2

On the Network Map Page I keep getting this when I enter the page:

Internet status: Detect connection again...
WAN IP: 96.35.32.159
DDNS: Waiting a while for verifying...

and then this

Internet status: Detect connection again...
WAN IP: nn.nn.nn.nnn (proper IP shows up)
DDNS: aaaa.aaaaaa.com (proper DNS name shows up)
! (Big yellow !)

System Log Entry:

Dec 31 18:00:14 ddns: clear ddns cache file for server/hostname change
Dec 31 18:00:14 ddns update: ez-ipupdate: starting...
Dec 31 18:00:15 ddns update: connected to members.dyndns.org (204.13.248.111) on port 80.
Dec 31 18:00:15 ddns update: members.dyndns.org says that your IP address has not changed since the last update
Dec 31 18:00:15 ddns update: asusddns_update: 0
Dec 31 18:00:15 ddns: ddns update ok

Note: there are no additional log entries other than this one for DDNS.

Additional info:

When I enter the DDNS Tab I get a dialog box popup that says "192.168.1.1" in the title bar and "Registration Successful" in the dialog box proper.

DYNDNS account indicates proper status update (time stamps match from when router was rebooted and update on DYNDNS service)

If you need additional information please let me know how/where and I will provide.

Thanks!
-Ben

Found small cosmetic bug on this FW.

Also currently trying to figure out that OpenVPN static.key issue, as I got hit with it also:

Both issues already fixed in 372.30_2.

I have the rt-ac66u. I don't see any difference except that there is a new router been added rt-ac56u.
same wifi driver Jan 22 2013 14:56:50 version 6.30.102.9 (r366174)
and same bootloader (CFE) 1.0.1.4. Does this main the flash to the new version failed? I came from 3.0.0.4_354.29-BETA1.
I have a ac usb3 stick from trendnet TEW-805UB it's not working.
the 260 driver has no problem.

Please read the changelog for the details. There are a lot of changes, not all of them are visible in the webui.

I have upgraded to version 30_2. Alas, the OpenVPN server still gets wedged while starting up. Any suggestions?

Please post more details about your OpenVPN configuration, since I can't reproduce it here with my own OpenVPN setup.

Merlin,
I too am seeing a DDNS issue and am providing some detail for diagnostics. It's working according to the syslog but not according to the Network status page.

From what I can see then the problem isn't that DDNS doesn't work, but that sometime it doesn't report properly on the main status page.

Can you try with a different browser to see if that's still the case?

Also, everyone using dyndns.org: they recently changed their policy where you have to log to your DynDNS web interface at least once a month, or they will cancel your service. This is different from the former "must update at least once a month" and obviously an attempt in driving more free users into paying for the service. So if anyone has real dyndns issues, check through their web portal that your account is still active.

Thanks Merlin for the updated version. Up and running with new version for about an hour, so far all is well. Cheers.

I flashed to 3.0.04.372.30_2 firmware, but the bug with IE and showing the Client Status is still there. Pic 1 shows after I click the Clients icon on the Network Map page. I left it there for 45 minutes and as you can see from the pic, it's still just showing the Refresh button with the cursor thing circling. Pic 2 shows after I click the refresh button a few times and the message "Searching, please wait..." appears. After that the client list will show.

This only happens with IE 10, no problem with Google Chrome. Also Windows 8 Pro 64bit and the RT-N66U router.

Thank you for your time....

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    35.6 KB · Views: 365
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 422
IE 10 shows the client status fine here with the same 64 bit W8 as yours. Something else in your setup is blocking the clients to show.

From what I can see then the problem isn't that DDNS doesn't work, but that sometime it doesn't report properly on the main status page.

Can you try with a different browser to see if that's still the case?

Also, everyone using dyndns.org: they recently changed their policy where you have to log to your DynDNS web interface at least once a month, or they will cancel your service. This is different from the former "must update at least once a month" and obviously an attempt in driving more free users into paying for the service. So if anyone has real dyndns issues, check through their web portal that your account is still active.

Very puzzling. From IE10 works fine. Went back to Chrome, also works fine. I'll report back if I see it again.

I have a Pro account as I have more than 2 domains forwarded but good to know tip.

Thanks!
-Ben

I have a Pro account as I have more than 2 domains forwarded but good to know tip.

Just to clear up any misunderstanding: that policy change only applies to their free accounts.

I flashed to 3.0.04.372.30_2 firmware, but the bug with IE and showing the Client Status is still there. Pic 1 shows after I click the Clients icon on the Network Map page. I left it there for 45 minutes and as you can see from the pic, it's still just showing the Refresh button with the cursor thing circling. Pic 2 shows after I click the refresh button a few times and the message "Searching, please wait..." appears. After that the client list will show.

This only happens with IE 10, no problem with Google Chrome. Also Windows 8 Pro 64bit and the RT-N66U router.

Open your browser web console, and see if there is any Javascript error. There's a good chance that one of the devices on your network might have an invalid name, generating an error in the Javascript code. I thought I had made that code bulletproof a few revisions ago, but something could still be slipping through.

Sidetrack question. My ISP ipv6 diections is Autoconfiguration (SLAC/DHCPv6)” for Dual-Stack setting. My way I can config this on RT-N66U?*

Interesting it says iam on channel 14?! (2ghz)

Cosmetic i think since it appears iam on channel 6.
Channel 2 is apparently channel 7...lol

Err cancel that its seems the love of my life got me drunk...lol
Evil woman trying to have her way with me:)

Last edited:
372.30_2 experimental builds are on Mediafire.

Note that Yandex DNS was NOT enabled in them - the implementation in the source code snapshot I have isn't working yet. Expect this to appear in a future release however, it's already known to be working with internal development builds at Asus.

Just updated to 3.0.0.4.372.30_2 and the first thing i've noticed is a really, really bad one. All my pings have gone from 1ms to 7-10ms (in LAN). Also, on wan, my testing websites have gone from 5ms to 20ms and above. And it's very erratic (before i got all the time 4-5-4-5-4ms, now it's like 15-25-18-20-30-12ms).

It's something that is forcing me to downgrade... or is there anything else i could try before getting back to an older version?

Just updated to 3.0.0.4.372.30_2 and the first thing i've noticed is a really, really bad one. All my pings have gone from 1ms to 7-10ms (in LAN). Also, on wan, my testing websites have gone from 5ms to 20ms and above. And it's very erratic (before i got all the time 4-5-4-5-4ms, now it's like 15-25-18-20-30-12ms).

It's something that is forcing me to downgrade... or is there anything else i could try before getting back to an older version?

What router model?

Open your browser web console, and see if there is any Javascript error. There's a good chance that one of the devices on your network might have an invalid name, generating an error in the Javascript code. I thought I had made that code bulletproof a few revisions ago, but something could still be slipping through.
I get this error message:

SCRIPT5007: Unable to get property 'length' of undefined or null reference
nameresolv.js, line 64 character 17

Not sure why there would be a device with an invalid name. I just update to the new firmware this weekend, before that I was running that last beta version you had and all was well. I have not added any new devices or changed the names. Also it's just a problem with IE, not Google Chrome.

Here is what line 64 is:

idx=0; idx<leasemac.length; idx++){
if(!(leasehostname[idx].childNodes[0].nodeValue.split("value=")[1]) || !(leasemac[idx].childNodes[0].nodeValue.split("value=")[1]))
continue;

Can you give some idea what an invalid name might be. Hope this helps....

I get this error message:

SCRIPT5007: Unable to get property 'length' of undefined or null reference
nameresolv.js, line 64 character 17

Not sure why there would be a device with an invalid name. I just update to the new firmware this weekend, before that I was running that last beta version you had and all was well. I have not added any new devices or changed the names. Also it's just a problem with IE, not Google Chrome.

Here is what line 64 is:

idx=0; idx<leasemac.length; idx++){
if(!(leasehostname[idx].childNodes[0].nodeValue.split("value=")[1]) || !(leasemac[idx].childNodes[0].nodeValue.split("value=")[1]))
continue;

Can you give some idea what an invalid name might be. Hope this helps....

Based on the error message, it sounds like this function gets called while one of these lists is empty.

Thanks, this gives me a starting point to look into it.

The most common invalid names that I see are names that contain quotes, or non latin characters (i.e. people using cyrillic in device names). This also applies to the DHCP reservation page of the router. I doubt that's what is causing your issue in this case, but you can check that page too if you had manually entered device names there.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!