What's new

Asuswrt-Merlin 3.0.0.4.374.38 is out

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

It happens immediately after I complete the initial Quick Internet Setup pages. All other settings at that point are still at default (Hardware acceleration On).

The only difference from a complete factory default is the 666MHz DDR. I used the Asus utility for that about a month ago.

I've got the same issue on AC-56u. Some updates will leave the router unresponsive. Of the top of my head: DNS Server update, wireless settings on professional tab, port forwarding tab

hey merlin,

with my n66r and 38_0-em, everything seems to be working fine after reconfiguring everything, except the 'run cmd' page. no matter what command i try, nothing returns

[edit/] tested in both chrome and firefox, no dice

Last edited:
Hi Merlin
I have the 38 for the 68U Flash an i have all 30 Min Reboots ,and the web Gui is broken .FW 37_2 is ok

alot of weird problem wit this firmware on my ac68u

-ping singnet,google dns, after several ping, request timed out.
-ping ac68u, starting <1ms, after than reply more than 1ms(sometimes a few hundreds ms), than back to <1ms, than reply more than 1ms.
-webui doesnt response after configure half way.
-when click reboot, or some configuration needs reboot, it doesnt reboot itself.

above problem encounter after flashing n factory default.

everything went fine after using firmware restoration to 3.0.0.4.374_542.

when press reset button n power on, it cant load in browser, so had to use software.

hey merlin,

with my n66r and 38_0-em, everything seems to be working fine after reconfiguring everything, except the 'run cmd' page. no matter what command i try, nothing returns

[edit/] tested in both chrome and firefox, no dice

I know. Someone recently tried to change the button label, and ended up changing the command sent to the httpd instead, so nothing is getting executed. Partly my bad for not checking more closely that pull request.

I reverted the change that caused it, will be fixed in the next release.

Last edited:
alot of weird problem wit this firmware on my ac68u

-ping singnet,google dns, after several ping, request timed out.
-ping ac68u, starting <1ms, after than reply more than 1ms(sometimes a few hundreds ms), than back to <1ms, than reply more than 1ms.
-webui doesnt response after configure half way.
-when click reboot, or some configuration needs reboot, it doesnt reboot itself.

above problem encounter after flashing n factory default.

The hang on reboot and hang on service restart was reported a few posts back. I can reproduce it, but I need to disassemble a router to hook it to a serial cable as I have no idea which function call is hanging.

Ping times are fine here however, I just sent 25 packets over Ethernet and all responses were under 1 ms. It could be something randomly causing network traffic or CPU usage on your router.

when press reset button n power on, it cant load in browser, so had to use software.

You need to configure a static IP to be able to use the recovery web interface, as there is no DHCP daemon while in recovery mode.

Hi RMerlin,

I just flashed an RT-AC68U with 3.0.0.4.374.38 and almost immediately noticed a problem with the Reboot functionality on my router with this firmware version.

Basically any setting change that invokes a reset, will leave the router in an unresponsive state. This includes a regular Reboot through the Web GUI or recessed Reset button on the back of the router.

The only way to recover is to power off and on the router.

(I performed a factory reset several times and flashed the .38 FW again as well, with the same result.)

This doesn't occur with any previous Merlin builds or original Asus Firmware for this router.

Thanks for your support and time.

I see the same on RT-AC56U - and I did Factory reset after upgrading the firmware

I cannot overclock the router (RT-AC56U) anymore :(
Probably it is the same issue reported above - cmd is not working.

Merlin... I know you are aware of this issue... is it possible to bump up the priority?

Otherwise, the new firmware does not seem to be very stable during the setup. Perhaps the reboot not working properly is the issue - never had to power cycle the router that much.

CPU seems to be running hotter than usual too - with a fan blowing directly on the router, it is steady at 60 degrees idle, no overclocking, no much traffic. the room is only 22, so "before" this would ~55:

Temperatures 2.4 GHz: 46°C - 5 GHz: 47°C - CPU: 60°C
CPU Frequency 800 MHz
CPU Load Average (1, 5, 15 mins) 0.00, 0.02, 0.05

With fan the idle CPU temperature should be lower - am I wrong?

I did an upgrade from 3.0.0.4.374.35 to this one (RT-N66U_3.0.0.4_374.38) and now my USB cardreader doesn't work anymore. Just get a lot errors. Going back to 3.0.0.4.374.35 is fine, USB does work.

I thought the USB problems are solved now with the new build?

Last edited:
Copy paste not working

So I have my admin password saved, and when I copy it into the password dialog, it returns an incorrect password. When I type the same password in manually, it works fine. I've made sure there are no spaces in the end, etc. I also had trouble with ctrl+V using both firefox and IE. Any ideas what's going on?

I did an upgrade from 3.0.0.4.374.35 to this one (RT-N66U_3.0.0.4_374.38) and now my USB cardreader doesn't work anymore. Just get a lot errors. Going back to 3.0.0.4.374.35 is fine, USB does work.

I thought the USB problems are solved now with the new build?

"Just get a lot of errors" isn't very informative. Can you be more specific?

The USB issue I was referring to was USB disks not showing at all on the webui.

I cannot overclock the router (RT-AC56U) anymore :(
Probably it is the same issue reported above - cmd is not working.

Can you be more specific? "cannot overclock" doesn't tell me where you are being stuck.

Merlin... I know you are aware of this issue... is it possible to bump up the priority?

Dude, this is a hobby I'm doing on my free time. Don't try to rush me, or you might not like my response.

Debugging isn't something that magically bring results faster just because "it's a higher priority".

I uploaded new builds for the AC56 and AC68. This should take care of the router hanging on config changes - probably the stuck on reboot issues as well (I haven't had time to extensively test that one).

The issue was caused by a compatibility issue between the emf and igs kernel modules, and their respective userspace tools. All of this is closed source, and the kernel bits are missing in recent GPL releases, forcing me to mix bits from older firmwares along with userspace tools from recent firmwares. The two didn't work correctly together.

I had to go through "other sources" to get matching copies.

All good here too - thanks Merlin!
RT-AC66U

Hi all!

Found this forum today, and might finally get input on my question on a rather strange behavour.

I have 2 disks (1TB and 2TB) connected to my N66U running lastest SDK5 build. (but this bug/error/something have been on stock, and previous versions of Merlin.)

Under tab "Network Place(Samba) Share / Cloud Disk" I have of course sharing enabled, BUT I also have "Sharing with account" enabled. Thing is now, I'd like to add a second account to have access to my disks, besides the default admin account.

When I add a new account (i.e user: Share, pass: test), pressing OK, will throw the pop-up "Processing...". But that pop-up never goes away (waited about 10mins) and when refreshing the page, I'm back with only default admin account.

Any ideas? This is perhaps a known bug?

Last edited:

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!