What's new

Release Asuswrt-Merlin 3004.388.6 is now available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Any log messages?
Code:
grep update-notif /jffs/syslog.log-1 /jffs/syslog.log
ls -l /jffs/scripts/update-notification
There was no update notification in log.
The flashing clock in the upper right corner was flashing though.

I spoke too soon about the 3004.388.6_2 version... (AX88U)

First problem :
My clients list stopped updating prematurely. When I click on refresh, nothing happens... and there are still customers connected even though they are now switched off. Looks like the service is down.

When I click on Refresh, I get this in the logs :
Feb 28 19:47:54 rc_service: httpds 1185:notify_rc start_lltdc
Feb 28 20:01:56 rc_service: httpds 1185:notify_rc start_sig_check
Feb 28 20:01:59 BWDPI: fun bitmap = 43f
Do you have the same problem ?

However, the lan/wan/wifi network is still working properly.

Second problem :
In Aiprotection, when you add a site to the whitelist, it's accessible, but when you remove it from the list, it's still accessible. This is not normal...

PS : I have no addons or scripts.

Last edited:
Having connection problems with wireless with the latest release. WiFi works after (re)boot but disconnects after a couple of minutes and devices can't connect again. Tried power cycling, rebooting, etc. but problem persists so I had to downgrade to previous release.
Could this be dnsmasq crashing? What addons do you have? Try to disable all your addon if any and start from there and see if wifi will work then add your scripts one at a time. In one of the thread dnsmasq was crashing because of diversion's fast switch.

There was no update notification in log.
The flashing clock in the upper right corner was flashing though.
@dave14 The very same in my case.

As for your second command the output was:
Bash:
-rwxrwxrwx    1 admin    root           317 Dec 20 00:44 /jffs/scripts/update-notification

288-6-2 working well on my routers , nothing unexpected showing up in logs all clients connecting .
Thanks again for another painless update

Could this be dnsmasq crashing? What addons do you have? Try to disable all your addon if any and start from there and see if wifi will work then add your scripts one at a time. In one of the thread dnsmasq was crashing because of diversion's fast switch.
I think this is my issue thanks. I do have alternate blocking enabled but not fast switch.

Just updated and everything is good thank you.

Any log messages?
Code:
grep update-notif /jffs/syslog.log-1 /jffs/syslog.log
386 worked for me... something about 388?
Code:
/jffs/syslog.log:Feb 27 04:08:27 custom_script: Running /jffs/scripts/update-notification
/jffs/syslog.log:Feb 27 04:08:27 update-notification[1924]: Started wicens with pid 1925
/jffs/syslog.log:Feb 27 04:08:27 wicens[1925]: fwupdate: Started by update-notification trigger, sending firmware update notification

Does update-notification get run regardless if the file exists or not? Does it verify permissions? CRLF in file?

29h and counting.
No issues, no weird logs. Nothing like that.

Great build here.
Thanks @RMerlin
1000114270.jpg

Upgraded to the latest release for my AX86U Pro. I don’t know if this is just coincidence, but everything is a lot snappier. At first I thought it was simply because of the reboot after flashing, which typically makes things feel faster for a brief period of time after a reboot…but it’s different this time. For example, my Wyze cameras and Ring doorbell connect in less than a second every single time I access them now. They never connected this quickly before…ever. Even web browsing is noticeably snappier.

Thanks Merlin. As always, appreciate everything you do!

Ax86u, as soon as i upgrade to latest revision of firmware under the jffs subheading the only option I now have is enable jffs custom scripts and configs. Cannot clear the partition any longer. Any idea

This morning, the list of Clients was still not available, the list froze yesterday...

Something strange also happened when I connected my smartphone to the 5 Ghz band. He didn't log on the first time, it took a long time...
This has never happened to me with other versions.

So I decided to reboot the router, flash version 3004.388.6_2 again and overwrite it (double flash) and perform a manual Hard Reset using the WPS method, then reconfigure all parameters manually.
This time, I left the "Protected management frames" option defaulted to "disable", which I had previously set to "Capable". Maybe that's where the connection problem with my smartphone came from (it's the only option I'd changed in Wifi).

I'll see later if these problems reappear.

PS : I repeat, I don't use any addons or scripts, just a very basic configuration.

For the moment, everything's working fine 👍

Last edited:
Asuswrt-Merlin 3004.388.6_2 Firmware installed successfully in my two RT-AX88U.
Works well!

NOTE: According to the ASUS SUPPORT, Link Aggregation (LACP) now only could be worked in AiMesh router, AiMesh nodes don’t support.
So, wired backhaul is only possible using just an RJ45 cable.

My mistake! 🤣

THANKS!!!

Attachments

• ASUS SUPPORT PAGE.png
    ASUS SUPPORT PAGE.png
    122.7 KB · Views: 36
Hello all. 3004.388.6_2 seems to have borked DNS on my AX58U. My setup was using Diversion with the Large blocklist, and a few clients redirected with no ad blocking using DNS director to an alternate Diversion IP. After the firmware upgrade I had issues with clients being unable to connect to WIFI, as far as I could tell it was Android and Linux clients only with this issue, and Windows and Apple devices were able to connect. Disabling Diversion solved the issue. I've re-configured the router now to avoid using Diversion but I am hoping there will be some way I can use it again in the future.

Hello all. 3004.388.6_2 seems to have borked DNS on my AX58U. My setup was using Diversion with the Large blocklist, and a few clients redirected with no ad blocking using DNS director to an alternate Diversion IP. After the firmware upgrade I had issues with clients being unable to connect to WIFI, as far as I could tell it was Android and Linux clients only with this issue, and Windows and Apple devices were able to connect. Disabling Diversion solved the issue. I've re-configured the router now to avoid using Diversion but I am hoping there will be some way I can use it again in the future.
Yes, presumably wait for a Diversion update...? So not something Merlin can do about...

Agreed, and posted as well on the Diversion chain, but posting here as it seems to be a common issue and somehow invoked by the firmware upgrade. But yes, I'm imagining the fix will eventually come on the Diversion side.

Last edited: