What's new

Release Asuswrt-Merlin 3004.388.7 is now available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Sadly for me this update doesn't want to play nicely with my router, namely GT-AXE16000

Upgrade from 388.6_2 rog to 388.7.0 rog

All I'm greeted with is "Please Wait, Applying Settings"

I left this run for a good 30-45min, having never come across such a strange issue when updating. All the internet around the home is working fine, without any issues.

So I powered down the router, unplugged power, left it probably for around 20 mins, and then came back to do the same install.

No prizes for guessing what is happening again, all whilst I type this message.

How rather annoying.

EDIT: Would like to quickly add that I have attempted updating with the non ROG version, but the same issue occurs.

upgraded normally from previous release (388.6_2) on my end

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-04-27 124647.png
    Screenshot 2024-04-27 124647.png
    130.3 KB · Views: 52
Sadly for me this update doesn't want to play nicely with my router, namely GT-AXE16000

All I'm greeted with is "Please Wait, Applying Settings"
Do a forum search, others have experiencing issues of the firmware not taking and or just hanging during the firmware flash. If you haven't tried the usual troubleshooting steps, probably a good idea to try them:
Clear the web browser's cache.
Try a different web browser.
Try a different computer.
Do not flash from a mobile device, use a computer.
Disable any browser add-ons.
Do not try to flash firmware over WiFi.
Do not try to use the Asus app, always flash from a PC directly connected (using Ethernet) to the router.
Disconnect all other devices except one wired PC connected to the router prior to flashing.
Disconnect any attached USB hard drive connected to the router prior to flashing.
Temporarily disable any PC security software just in case it is interfering with the firmware flash.
Temporarily disconnect the WAN connection on the router prior to flashing.
If using any add-on scripts, see if they can be temporarily disabled prior to flashing.
If any VPN is running on the router, disable it before attempting to flash the firmware.
Check the router system log for any errors or issues.

Just updated my GT-AX6000 and it's working fine.
Update-notification working now, thanks to @dave14305 discovered the issue.

Apr 27 05:14:23 watchdog: New firmware version 3004.388.7_0 is available.
Apr 27 05:14:23 custom_script: Running /jffs/scripts/update-notification
Apr 27 05:14:23 sendpush.sh: 11820 v1.04.7 The notification was sent successfully.
Apr 27 05:14:24 update-notification: 11802 New firmware version 3004.388.7.0 is now available for your router at octopus.xxxxx.xx.

Mounting my SSD disk on /dev/sda1 on /tmp/mnt/gt-ax6000 still don't mount.
Hope someone can come with som suggestion to solve this !!!???

Uptime: 18 minute(s) 52 seconds

Thank you for new software.

Mount before update:
Rich (BB code):
octopus@GT-AX6000-F1E8:/tmp/home/root# mount
/dev/root on / type squashfs (ro,relatime)
devtmpfs on /dev type devtmpfs (rw,relatime,size=419056k,nr_inodes=104764,mode=755)
proc on /proc type proc (rw,relatime)
tmpfs on /var type tmpfs (rw,relatime)
tmpfs on /tmp/mnt type tmpfs (rw,relatime,size=16k,mode=755)
sysfs on /sys type sysfs (rw,relatime)
debugfs on /sys/kernel/debug type debugfs (rw,relatime)
devpts on /dev/pts type devpts (rw,relatime,mode=600,ptmxmode=000)
ubi:data on /data type ubifs (rw,relatime,assert=read-only,ubi=0,vol=10)
ubi:defaults on /tmp/mnt/defaults type ubifs (rw,relatime,assert=read-only,ubi=0,vol=11)
ubi:jffs2 on /jffs type ubifs (rw,relatime,assert=read-only,ubi=0,vol=13)
ubi:defaults on /tmp/mnt/defaults type ubifs (rw,relatime,assert=read-only,ubi=0,vol=11)
tmpfs on /tmp type tmpfs (rw,relatime)
/dev/sda1 on /tmp/mnt/gt-ax6000 type ext4 (rw,nodev,relatime)

Mount after update:
Rich (BB code):
octopus@GT-AX6000-F1E8:/tmp/home/root# mount
/dev/root on / type squashfs (ro,relatime)
devtmpfs on /dev type devtmpfs (rw,relatime,size=419056k,nr_inodes=104764,mode=755)
proc on /proc type proc (rw,relatime)
tmpfs on /var type tmpfs (rw,relatime)
sysfs on /sys type sysfs (rw,relatime)
debugfs on /sys/kernel/debug type debugfs (rw,relatime)
ubi:data on /data type ubifs (rw,relatime,assert=read-only,ubi=0,vol=10)
ubi:jffs2 on /jffs type ubifs (rw,relatime,assert=read-only,ubi=0,vol=13)
tmpfs on /tmp type tmpfs (rw,relatime)

Unmounted Usb stick before updating, USB wouldn't mount either, had to reset everything for the router to see it..
i've actually had this issue since I went from the AX88U to AX88U Pro in the last few firmware versions. On the previous router after a firmware update it would see the USB drive and everything was mounted and fine. On the Pro I always have to either unmount drive before the flash or after flash unplug the drive and plug it back in. Not really a big issue for me but something I did notice.

Last edited:
Both routers updated.
Thank you.

Regarding the issue with the Home Assistant add-on no longer being able to connect; it apparently was due to changes in the sysinfo endpoint. The dev is updating it to work with the changes.

Another uneventful upgrade from release (388.6_2). No problems so far - AX86U.

Thanks @RMerlin

Anyone else notice issues with DNSSEC ? I am not sure when it started, could have been on a prior release. Normally I have DNS pointed to another server. I was doing some work on it so changed DNS to router and eventually figured out it would only work with DNSSEC disabled. Otherwise I get a SERVFAIL back trying to do nslookup. This was even if DNS is set to Quad9 which I know supports DNSSEC

Anyone else notice issues with DNSSEC ? I am not sure when it started, could have been on a prior release. Normally I have DNS pointed to another server. I was doing some work on it so changed DNS to router and eventually figured out it would only work with DNSSEC disabled. Otherwise I get a SERVFAIL back trying to do nslookup. This was even if DNS is set to Quad9 which I know supports DNSSEC
No problems here with DNSSEC using quad9 over TLS, even with "Validate unsigned DNSSEC replies" enabled.

Working fine here. Quad9 + DoT + DNSSEC.

I'm using Quad9 + DoT + DNSSEC without issue.