What's new

Asuswrt-Merlin 374.40 ALPHA 4 builds now available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Your CPU is currently idling and you're worried? :D

Linux/UNIX CPU load isn't calculated the way Windows users are used to. An average load of 0 means that there is no process currently waiting their turn to use the CPU.

LOL. I the past I've seen it idle at around 0.01, but never 0.0. I learned something new today. :) Thanks for all the hard work and quick response.

LOL. I the past I've seen it idle at around 0.01, but never 0.0. I learned something new today. :) Thanks for all the hard work and quick response.

Could simply be a rounding issue perhaps.

If you want to know for sure, telnet in, and run an openssl benchmark:

Code:
openssl speed aes-256-cbc

See during that test if your CPU load increases (it might take a few seconds for it to update).

Was running stable on Alpha7, but then saw one of RMerlin's post that anything above Alpha4 was for those troubleshooting the reboot issue.

I flashed Alpha4, but then noticed that my IPv6 was not connecting properly.

Now on Alpha8, and IPv6 is working well. No issues so far, other than my inability to overclock the nvram (while I can make the unit show a higher clkfrq, the BogoMIPS value does not change meaning the overclock command is getting ignored).

What I do notice that is on the 5GHz frequency, if I set Channel bandwith to 40MHz and hit apply, the dropdown values for Control Channel and Extension Channel disappear. The value chosen remains, but I am unable to change it unless I move to another Channel bandwith.

I am running fine with Alpha8, so I don't believe I will revert to older firmware versions to see if this has been happening on all of them.

Can anyone care to check and see if this issue exists on their firmware (other than 40_alpha8)?

I asked the question in another thread and didn't think it could be.. I thought being the newer bootloader (CFE ) it was possible. Im a noob so we continue to read and wait for more responses.

Reboot

Yesterday I had with the Alpha 8 after 27 hours again a reboot.
At the time I turned off my Tablet (TF210).

What I also noticed that my wifi extender (Netgear WN3000) several times a day loses the connection to the AC68. Takes about 1 minute and then it is back online.

In 374.39, there were no Problems with the Connection.
Maybe it's on the 2.4 Network the problem

Try now the Alpha 9 and will report back if there is a reboot.

Just installed the alpha 4 version. So far everything is running great, but the only issue I seem to have is the two 3DS systems trying to connect from an upstairs bedroom. In the ASUS official software they have no issue connecting. On this Alpha 4 software, it seems like the 2.4ghz signal is low and they connect from that room every so often. Up close to the router it connects quick. Known issue and does anyone recommend another alpha version that may not have this issue?

I get 173 link speed on the upper 5ghz channels 100-140. Anyone got any ideas why this is? I get full 5 bars just the connection speed is much slower. I get 702 on 36+42. I wanted to try out the upper 5ghz channel as it now supports DFS, but it is just much slower :/

Just installed the alpha 4 version. So far everything is running great, but the only issue I seem to have is the two 3DS systems trying to connect from an upstairs bedroom. In the ASUS official software they have no issue connecting. On this Alpha 4 software, it seems like the 2.4ghz signal is low and they connect from that room every so often. Up close to the router it connects quick. Known issue and does anyone recommend another alpha version that may not have this issue?

I'm getting full bars on my 3DS XL even if I put a few walls between it and my router (N66U /w Merlin 374.40 Alpha 4).:confused:

I'm getting full bars on my 3DS XL even if I put a few walls between it and my router (N66U /w Merlin 374.40 Alpha 4).:confused:

What's crazy is if you sit at the desk where the MBP is at it connects fine. You get on the bed less than a few feet away and it either takes a long time to connect or goes to street pass mode. Very odd. It's not anything dire or a must have necessity, it's just odd for it to be happening when it was fine before.

Last edited:
What's crazy is if you sit at the desk with where the MBP is at it connects fine. You get on the bed less than a few feet away and it either takes a long time to connect or goes to street pass mode. Very odd. It's not anything dire or a must have necessity, it's just odd for it to be be happening when it was fine before.

I got the same issue on the range and revert, on mine AC66U, back to Merlin 374.39 .......Maybe someone can answer this question, does 374.40 alpha 4 has a different wifi driver as 374.39?....as for me the range of 374.39 compaired to 374.40 alpha 4 is much much better....

alpha 9..

still router does not reboot succesfuly after changing wifi setting..
power on/off needed

alpha 9..

still router does not reboot succesfuly after changing wifi setting..
power on/off needed

I have this Too:mad::mad:

I'm getting random reboots quite often on alpha 9. I came from 39 merlin but haven't done a factory reset, I changed a few wifi settings though.

I'm getting random reboots quite often on alpha 9. I came from 39 merlin but haven't done a factory reset, I changed a few wifi settings though.

You're not really testing the alpha build properly then. Do a full reset, clear the nvram, enter any basic setup info manually and then change each setting one at a time (testing in between) to find the best combination for you.

alpha 9.. router reboots.. when copying files over a wifi (5g)..

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!