What's new

Asuswrt-Merlin 374.40 is out

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's something I inserted in the webui. It's entirely done through CSS, which is quite impressive (I didn't expect CSS to support timed features such as the one causing the banner to gradually drop).

I'll post the actual CSS on the forums before removing it from Git (the code can already be seen there - I didn't obfuscate anything).

Nicely done, Bro!!!!!!!

Can anyone comment on the 2.4GHZ wireless stability of the RT-ac56u with 374.40? I've been asked to recommend a router, and I was going to suggest the ac56u (I have an N16 and a N66u and love them both), but then came across a number of posts complaining of 2.4GHZ intermittent drops with this model.

Does this firmware build fix the issue (Some claim it has something to do with a power-saving function), or is it something I don't need to worry about?

Thanks for any advice! Worst case scenario, I recommend the N66u, which has been rock solid on an older Merlin firmware, but it seems wrong when a newer model is out for around the same price... :)

The wireless driver is exactly the same as Asus's 374_4561, so expect the same stability (or unstability, tho in general the AC56 seems fairly reliable) as Asus's stock FW.

The AC56U might have a slightly shorter range however due to its internal antennas, so it will depend on your environment.

It's something I inserted in the webui. It's entirely done through CSS, which is quite impressive (I didn't expect CSS to support timed features such as the one causing the banner to gradually drop).

I'll post the actual CSS on the forums before removing it from Git (the code can already be seen there - I didn't obfuscate anything).

I like how you can raise the bar with your pointer then it slowly falls back down.

Very creative and funny, Thanks

You really should get out more :D:D:D LOLZ. Too much time on your hands ;).

I forgot to mention - we now have a kick-butt logo, courtesy of r00t4rd3d:

Asuswrt-Merlin.png

I like it.:D

Help!?

Today my router interface did something weird. At least I didn't notice this before. The top of the screen seems to collapse? I don't know how to explain it otherwise...

0osz.png

Is this 'normal' behaviour?

Regards,
Pascal

Hi. A few days ago i updated original Asus firmware to Merlin 374.40 and after that IPTV doesn't work: when i start my iptv player i'm loosing wi-fi connection with router and then i should wait 20-30 for reconnect. Tested on laptop and galaxy S4.

Hi. A few days ago i updated original Asus firmware to Merlin 374.40 and after that IPTV doesn't work: when i start my iptv player i'm loosing wi-fi connection with router and then i should wait 20-30 for reconnect. Tested on laptop and galaxy S4.

Please specify which router model you have, and how your IPTV is configured.

One generic thing to try is to disable NAT acceleration under LAN -> Switch Control.

I know there are issues with IGMP snooping in recent firmware releases, unfortunately that part is closed source, so I have no idea if Asus changed anything in that code.

Has anyone ever seen this behavior from an asus web gui before?
I have not but its weird.
I am running my rt-n66u as a 5ghz only bridge on merling 374.40
2.4ghz is disabled.

The title bar starts off level but the right side tilts down & some of the webpage colors shift from blue to red.
I believe this suggests a developers mode or something but I am at a loss.
Any ideas what is causing this behavior?

I am running ie 10 & firefox. Same result in either browser.
Oh and if I put my mouse over the tilted bar, the bar follows the mouse up & once its level again the page colors go back to blue. Moving the mouse off of hover, the bar tilts again and the color skews too.
a screen cap of each is attached.

Attachments

• asus_level.jpg
    asus_level.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 520
  • asus_tilted.jpg
    asus_tilted.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 546
Has anyone ever seen this behavior from an asus web gui before?
I have not but its weird.
I am running my rt-n66u as a 5ghz only bridge on merling 374.40
2.4ghz is disabled.

The title bar starts off level but the right side tilts down & some of the webpage colors shift from blue to red.

Oh and if I put my mouse over the tilted bar, the bar follows the mouse up & once its level again the page colors go back to blue. Moving the mouse off of hover, the bar tilts again and the color skews too.

f847517e3ed924e553cf4db03e64fe834b99bc30b18801f42e48dbdbc90d36b4.jpg

P.S next time use the search feature ;)

After upgrading the firmware to 370.40 alpha 4, I've noticed that the 5Ghz light instead of blinking fast like the 2.4Ghz does, it goes on and off. The signal at the laptop in the furthest spot from the router goes from 175 Mbps to 117 down to 88. It fluctuates quite a bit and that is with an AC-51 USB adapter. I rebooted the router/modem and it stabilized a bit, before that, it was dropping the signal down to 6Mbps. Has anyone noticed that?

After upgrading the firmware to 370.40 alpha 4, I've noticed that the 5Ghz light instead of blinking fast like the 2.4Ghz does, it goes on and off.

This is something that Asus apparently resolved with 374_4887.

The signal at the laptop in the furthest spot from the router goes from 175 Mbps to 117 down to 88. It fluctuates quite a bit and that is with an AC-51 USB adapter. I rebooted the router/modem and it stabilized a bit, before that, it was dropping the signal down to 6Mbps. Has anyone noticed that?

Wifi performance will depend on a myriad of factors. Start by checking the sticky post that provides various tips on how to troubleshoot wireless performance. Also try to disable Beamforming - some clients work better without it.

Just a quick question for 374.40_alpha4. Everytime I add a new port forwarding entry to my RT-AC68U the router reboots, is that expected behavior?

Just a quick question for 374.40_alpha4. Everytime I add a new port forwarding entry to my RT-AC68U the router reboots, is that expected behavior?

That's a side effect of NAT acceleration, which requires a reboot to apply the port forward through HW acceleration.

... The title bar starts off level but the right side tilts down & some of the webpage colors shift from blue to red.

I am having exactly the same problem, however only my 2.4 GHz WiFi connected machine shows it. Both are using the same version of Firefox (24.4.0) and Windows 7. The problem started after loading 374.40. Any suggestions?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!