What's new

Asuswrt-Merlin 376.48 is out

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi All,

I with 376.48_1 I can't access my wireless settings... I couldn't fix this with the suggested nvram settings a few pages ago...

As you can see in the attached screenshot, the drop-down menu shows only 5G, but the settings below are for my 2.4G wifi.

Any ideas?

Apply the fixes posted in the first post of this thread. The original post had incorrect nvram settings posted, so if you based your attempt on a reply, that reply might still have the incorrect settings. The symptoms you are showing are most definitely related to the fix in the OP.

Apply the fixes posted in the first post of this thread. The original post had incorrect nvram settings posted, so if you based your attempt on a reply, that reply might still have the incorrect settings. The symptoms you are showing are most definitely related to the fix in the OP.

Actually, I had to execute 1 line at a time and the settings really worked. Thank you!

Why is it some have this problem and others like myself never ran into this issue ?

Why is it some have this problem and others like myself never ran into this issue ?

Because it depends if you ever ran one of the affected firmware versions, and also if you ever did a factory default reset at one point after the issue got patched by me or Asus.

For reference, the fix was applied here:

https://github.com/RMerl/asuswrt-merlin/commit/a53b967698c98a5a214af6247c5469d7ad053ace

Asus introduced the issue in 1179, I don't remember which of their build included the fix however.

From 376.48B1 topic. My Asus RT-AC87U use as Main router. Asus RT-AC66U use as Repeater mode.:

RT-AC66U can connect to RT-AC87U as Repeater on 5 GHz. But Wi-Fi devices can't online internet or sometime online. Use only device connect via LAN. I change to use 2.4 GHz, All devices work perfectly.

- Answer from Merlin: "Repeater code is 100% unchanged from Asus."
- Answer from Asus Technical : "Because this problem just occur in 5Ghz wireless network mode. We recommend user do RMA warranty service to your product."

Now, I flash my RT-AC66U to lastest DD-WRT firmware. And RT-AC87U use Merlin 376.48_1 firmware. It work perfectly. RT-AC66U can Repeater mode on 5 GHz for all devices. What's happen ? Wrong answer from Asus Technical ?

i get checksum errors for RT-AC66U_3.0.0.4_376.48_1
refering the .txt should be:
d8024413c117e8c38217285b6d316135d03f3fd7076dd455477c39ee48d0fb79
RT-AC66U_3.0.0.4_376.48_1.trx

but i have
1e6307d8bed9fdf8b696b3954429b974
(checking with the tool winMd5Sum portable)

I tried to download the firmware on different computers with Chrome/IE in different locations.

Hi
After update to 376.48_1 I didn’t have any access to my own NAT server
by DNS and as always issue with IPv6 (I’m not familiar with Comcast ;))

After I went back to 37.6.47 everything is fine (DNS and IPv6)

Thanks.

Bump on the nat-loopback DNS issue.. accessing by local webserver by http://home.webserver.com no longer works and only accessible by http://10.0.0.x

Same with all other services, not just http.

From outside it works fine.

I'm guessing Merlin has updated with some of the newer Asus source, thus introducing this bug.

This bug appeared in a recent asus firmware, not sure if it ever got resolved (it was mentioned on SNB forums, but no one seemed to have an answer) and was the reason I moved over to Merlin full time - and tbh, even though I'm gonna roll back (to Merlin firmware) to sort the issue, Great job Merlin. :)

I'm on an N66U btw, but I'm guessing this bug affects all

EDIT **
Seems NAT acceleration WAS turned on - Turning it off solves the problem. Did 48 turn this on, or did I turn it on in my sleep (which wouldn't surprise me!)

If you're wondering where the switch is: LAN/SWITCH CONTROL

I didn't do a factory reset.. but it seems NAT ACCEL was enabled - and also 5Ghz was enabled. Maybe factory reset would have been fine.

Maybe this only effecting certain routers? Mine's an N66U but I see posts saying AC66 updated fine.

Merlin, why did recent Asus firmware als have similar issue, or did they force NAT accel on? Just curious when spontaneous issues like this appear.

Again, Thanks :)

Last edited:
If I see one more post about the NAT loopback I think I'm going to be sick...

lol, sorry dude - I just posted on that.. Browsing here to see how I turn off nat accelleration to see if that resolves it. Only just appeared for me..

On another note, to take your mind off things.. I had 5Ghz disabled - I upgraded to 48.1 and 5ghz was switched on - temp readings only showed 5gz then too.. Didn't bother me, but.. may point towards something somewhere.

Cheers man

i get checksum errors for RT-AC66U_3.0.0.4_376.48_1
refering the .txt should be:
d8024413c117e8c38217285b6d316135d03f3fd7076dd455477c39ee48d0fb79
RT-AC66U_3.0.0.4_376.48_1.trx

but i have
1e6307d8bed9fdf8b696b3954429b974
(checking with the tool winMd5Sum portable)

I tried to download the firmware on different computers with Chrome/IE in different locations.

I switched from MD5 to SHA256 hashes, as MD5 have become too weak, numerous papers mentioning discovered block collisions now for this method.

That's why the new string is longer, for instance.

Merlin, why did recent Asus firmware als have similar issue, or did they force NAT accel on? Just curious when spontaneous issues like this appear.

It's simply a bug. Broadcom's closed source NAT acceleration does a lot of funky things that only Broadcom knows about (even Asus doesn't have access to that source code).

Asus marked the issue as resolved in 3606, however I can't see any change related to the NAT loopback in the 3602/3626 code, and since I can't get it to fail for me either on the two routers I tested, I can't confirm whether they actually fixed it, nor as to how they fixed it.

Last edited:
From 376.48B1 topic. My Asus RT-AC87U use as Main router. Asus RT-AC66U use as Repeater mode.:

RT-AC66U can connect to RT-AC87U as Repeater on 5 GHz. But Wi-Fi devices can't online internet or sometime online. Use only device connect via LAN. I change to use 2.4 GHz, All devices work perfectly.

- Answer from Merlin: "Repeater code is 100% unchanged from Asus."
- Answer from Asus Technical : "Because this problem just occur in 5Ghz wireless network mode. We recommend user do RMA warranty service to your product."

Now, I flash my RT-AC66U to lastest DD-WRT firmware. And RT-AC87U use Merlin 376.48_1 firmware. It work perfectly. RT-AC66U can Repeater mode on 5 GHz for all devices. What's happen ? Wrong answer from Asus Technical ?

RT-AC87 and RT-AC66U have completely different hardware on the 5 GHz band, from different manufacturers. There can be issues that will appear only with one of the two.

One of the known issue with it on the AC87 is it doesn't like WPA2 keys that contains non-alphanumerical characters.

Asus marked the issue as resolved in 3606, however I can't see any change related to the NAT loopback in the 3606 code, and since I can't get it to fail for me either on the two routers I tested, I can't confirm whether they actually fixed it, nor as to how they fixed it.

Typo? Is that code from 3606 or 3626?

Typo? Is that code from 3606 or 3626?

I meant 3602, tho the same applies to 3626. Consider this the two versions mixed together :p

Hello, my RT-AC68R with 376.48_1 have problem with USB 3.0 port and external HDD, they give me this error several times
Code:
[COLOR="Red"][B]usb 2-1: reset high speed USB device using ehci_hcd and address 2[/B][/COLOR]
and the losing access to the disk several times because of that. Revert to 374.43_2 and works w/o problem with same HDD and cable pluged on USB 3.0 port.

Thanks.

When upgrading to the 48 version, do you only do the nvram commands if a problem is seen with the WiFi settings? Do those commands completely reset the WiFi settings?

Thanks.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!