What's new

Asuswrt-Merlin 376.48 is out

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
When upgrading to the 48 version, do you only do the nvram commands if a problem is seen with the WiFi settings? Do those commands completely reset the WiFi settings?

Thanks.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The commands I gave simply put back the correct values. There is no harm in running them if you aren't sure if your values are correct or not.

All my ipad air 2, 5GHz issues seem to be gone, working perfect for 48hrs now, great!!
Now my latest issue, I guess most likely asus, my rt-ac87r will not play back a certain scene in a 3d movie without stutter, I moved my usb 3.0 drive to a direct connection to my media player that has only 2.0 usb port and it plays it perfect from there, I tried the usb 2.0 and 3.0 ports on the 87r and both have the stutter in the same spot on the film, BUT direct connection plays the spot absolutely fine what gives please??

Is asus going to fix this or ???? I certainly hope this $300 router can handle it, I thought I did not have an issue, when testing a month ago and more, I certainly hope it is in this firmware.

drive is WD my book 6TB format NTFS
reduce usb 3.0 interference is disabled
using latest merlin firmware.

direct to the player is fine.

anyone else notice this??

Last edited:
Im with the bootloader 1.0.2.0 now, should i downgrade to 1.0.1.6(US) like before?Or i can stay with 1.0.2.0. :confused:

Bootloader is fine. In fact you'll need that newer bootloader in the future.

376.48_3 has been released for MIPS-based routers (RT-N16, N66 and AC66). This update contains the NAT loopback fix backported from Asus's 376_3626.

Is there change/s from the 376.48_3 test yesterday?

No, it's the exact same files, I simply moved them to their appropriate folders.

thanx, so ill stay with 1.0.2 CFE
Any plans to remove logs :NTP update start (every hours)in your next build?

I'm currently still using older NTP code, as the new code has other issues.

I haven't planned the next release yet, so I'll see what's the actual state of Asus's code when I get there. But right now, internally, I'm using the older NTP code.

I haven't read through the 20+ pages now, just chiming in with my thoughts...

Updated when the 376.48_1 release came out. Did a full reset before and after updating, then setting everything up manually.

I don't think I've seen any problem whatsoever since then.

For me, this release have the stability of the 374.43_2.

Keep it up mate! :)

NAT loopback fixed

Just flashed my rt-n66u with 376.48_3 from 376.48_1 and confirmed NAT loopback was working however throughput seems to have slowed down a bit both in wired(~30Mbps less) and wifi(~50Mbps less) connections. I have reverted back to 376.48_1 and throughput was restored. Is anyone else experiencing this speed slowdown with 376.48_3?

Appreciate all your work, Merlin, many thanks.

Just flashed my rt-n66u with 376.48_3 from 376.48_1 and confirmed NAT loopback was working however throughput seems to have slowed down a bit both in wired(~30Mbps less) and wifi(~50Mbps less) connections. I have reverted back to 376.48_1 and throughput was restored. Is anyone else experiencing this speed slowdown with 376.48_3?

Appreciate all your work, Merlin, many thanks.

There is no change to explain this - the only change was a bugfix in iptables where it wasn't properly handling the iptables rule created for the NAT loopback (because of the "/" in it). There was zero change to the networking code itself or the drivers.

There is no change to explain this - the only change was a bugfix in iptables where it wasn't properly handling the iptables rule created for the NAT loopback (because of the "/" in it). There was zero change to the networking code itself or the drivers.

Thanks, working fine here now.

Tried the Official Firmware for the first time the only day, it was terrible. Can't believe how much better the merlin one is!

Hacker logged into my router?

Hi Guys,

I hope someone can help with this... Unfortunately I don't have system log, I panicked and clicked "Clear" instead of "Save" button.

There was at least 20-30 login attempts from 222.186.34.243 and there was some 8-digit port number as well, can't recall what was it. Then, at the bottom I found Child connection from 222.186.34.243

Looks like China:
http://www.checkip.com/ip/222.186.34.243

Does that mean someone was connected to my router? What can I do to secure my connection and prevent these in future? I am running latest Merlin firmware. I hope someone will be able to help me with this.

Thanks!

Does that mean someone was connected to my router? What can I do to secure my connection and prevent these in future? I am running latest Merlin firmware. I hope someone will be able to help me with this.
That's normal port scanning. Turn off "Allow SSH access from WAN" and "Enable Web Access from WAN". Also disable the VPN servers if you don't use them.

That's normal port scanning. Turn off "Allow SSH access from WAN" and "Enable Web Access from WAN". Also disable the VPN servers if you don't use them.

Thank you Colin! It was so weird since I've never seen anything like that in my log files. Especially IP from China (I'm in Canada).

I don't use VPN features, and my Enable VPN Server option is set to OFF. Allow SSH access from WAN was turned ON, and following your advice, I just turned it OFF. Enable Web Access from WAN was also turned ON... I just disabled it.

Thank you so much, greatly appreciated!

These are just my opinions. I'm sure there are people that will disagree with me.
1.) Enable SSH Brute Force Protection - should I keep that on or off?
Probably leave it off. If you haven't enabled "Allow SSH access from WAN" this setting is irrelevant. If you need to access your router from the internet (via SSH) make sure you have chosen a complex password, or better still use an SSH Authentication key.

2.) Is enabling UPnP really unsafe as some are claiming all over the internet?
No. Enable UPnP. As always, make sure your PC's have anti-virus and anti-malware protection and that the PC's own firewall is enabled.

3.) Is enabling DDNS client safe? I have my set up using ASUS server (myname.asuscomm.com)
I can't comment. I don't use it.

4.) While I do understand "Enabling DoS protection" increases router's workload, would you recommend having it enabled or disabled?
I would leave it off unless you have reason to believe you would be the target of such an attack. You're not the FBI are you? :)

Last edited:
Thank you so much for your help. Greatly appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!