What's new

Asuswrt-Merlin 378.51 is out

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Should i enable jumbo frames in the switch control ?
Hi,

No, you should not! :eek:
Was discussed quite often in the forum - you can do a small search to find out why. :rolleyes:

With kind regards
Joe :cool:

Hi,

Not sure if here's the right place but, seems like some others having the same issue as mine, particularly AC66.
I upgradeed to 378.50 and 51 release and after which, whenever I have 2.4 and 5G devices connected, I'm getting random wifi drops and lan disconnects, and my router just stuck. Need to reboot after that to get it up. Yesterday, the 2.4G desktop upon connection just dropped my whole wifi as usual and corrupted my 5G channel (I can't sign in at all, had to hard reset the router to reconfigure)

I also tried the official ASUS firmware for this router, doesn't seem to help. Initially thought it was a hardware issue, but I did a 1-1 exchange and the problem persisted.

I'm almost certain it seems like a firmware related issue, because I did not add any devices/configure my router settings except leaving at defaults whenever I upgrade and reset whenever I saw the recommendations.

Any kind souls might helping this one out? I'm particularly curious with this issue.

Hi,

Not sure if here's the right place but, seems like some others having the same issue as mine, particularly AC66.
I upgradeed to 378.50 and 51 release and after which, whenever I have 2.4 and 5G devices connected, I'm getting random wifi drops and lan disconnects, and my router just stuck. Need to reboot after that to get it up. Yesterday, the 2.4G desktop upon connection just dropped my whole wifi as usual and corrupted my 5G channel (I can't sign in at all, had to hard reset the router to reconfigure)

I also tried the official ASUS firmware for this router, doesn't seem to help. Initially thought it was a hardware issue, but I did a 1-1 exchange and the problem persisted.

I'm almost certain it seems like a firmware related issue, because I did not add any devices/configure my router settings except leaving at defaults whenever I upgrade and reset whenever I saw the recommendations.

Any kind souls might helping this one out? I'm particularly curious with this issue.
You should stick with FW that worked best. It'll save you the headache of troubleshooting. Did you try reflashing 378.51 and then do a factory reset? If you did and still have this issue it's best for you to go back to the previous one that worked best. What FW worked fine for you?

You should stick with FW that worked best. It'll save you the headache of troubleshooting. Did you try reflashing 378.51 and then do a factory reset? If you did and still have this issue it's best for you to go back to the previous one that worked best. What FW worked fine for you?
Yep I did, I do a fact reset moving forth 378.50..

378.48 was the stable version before things went out of hand. Guess I will reflash to that. Not sure why but seems like only ac66 having this issue?

Yep I did, I do a fact reset moving forth 378.50..

378.48 was the stable version before things went out of hand. Guess I will reflash to that. Not sure why but seems like only ac66 having this issue?

378.50 seems stable for me. 378.51 and the latest official Asus firmware both lock my ac66r up.

One more question bothers me - Is there a way to include support for extend command in net-snmpd compiled in the firmeware?
It looks like the version in firmware is newer than in entware, but despite optware has extend, it has a memory leak too :)

I use it to get some temperature readings and connections stiatistics through the snmp protocol. So I want to put in snmpd.conf something like:
Code:
extend temp24 /bin/sh /opt/usr/local/bin/temp.sh 24
extend temp50 /bin/sh /opt/usr/local/bin/temp.sh 50
extend nf_count /bin/sh /opt/usr/local/bin/connections.sh count
extend nf_max /bin/sh /opt/usr/local/bin/connections.sh max
extend nf_active /bin/sh /opt/usr/local/bin/connections.sh active

I don't see any compile time option to enable or disable this option, so I would expect it to be part of the default net-snmp code.

I will confirm something different in my DLNA with 378-51 that DLNA is not immediately discovered. i have seen it discovered in few minutes a couple times but most times I have to do something to force discover, i.e. use computer togo into some files on the drive. Just so you know when i turn my DLNA device it does immediately discover other DLNA devices on my network immediately.

I did look at my IPTV settings (attached). I changed using DHCP routes to disabled but that immediately made all my internet traffic extremely slow, web pages taking ~30+ seconds to load. I set this back to default, Microsoft, within 5 minutes which restored all internet traffic to being snappy/immediate. I do not understand why IPTV settings the way they are would effect internet traffic but it did. I do have IPV6 in native mode & did not change any IPV6 settings. I have had IPV6 settings on since obtaining AC68R & using MErlin's firmware.

Again, I believe something with 378-51 is affecting DLNA discovery.

I have a AC68R which I keep on Merlin's latest firmware with two HD's in the USB ports one is DNLA, one used to backup computers on network.

I'm still having this issue as well. Advertisement of DLNA devices seems to be broken....
AC68U latest Merlin firmware - does it on .50 as well.

Absolutely love your FW for my RT-N66 :) I do have one question though before I go crazy lol. I moved from the US down here to Colombia and I originally signed up for a smartdns service with torguard. This was like 6 months ago and after not being able to get smarttdns working they just gave me VPN for free. But I would like to figure out why the Smarttdns IP's when placed in my router just bring my browsing to a snails pace. It it possible something in the Asus code that breaks the smartdns? To me this sounds dumb but I have no idea what else it could be.

By the way I am on a clean flash of .51

Last edited:
Maybe RMerlin can you add schedule planner for STEALTH MODE ? It is very good option to plan night or day LED OFF.

What you think ?

O i know but very more comfortable is configure by web gui... and think that this option should be in gui the same as scheduler for WIFI. And it it.

Well 18 days and 4 hrs uptime on AC66R and no issues. I typically had to restart wifi on laptop (intel 2230 card) from time to time due to extremely slow speed all of a sudden. Such that I had a bat file in a shortcut on desktop to do it easily. So far no issue with that in a while now. Granted I use it as a basic router no special things like drives and printers and such, just good ole internet wifi router with both 2.4ghz and 5ghz devices. Well done I would say! Thanks Merlin

BTW curious, what was the wifi driver version in .50 that you reverted back from? ASUS stock current version (3.0.0.4.376.3861) is the same one 6.30.163.2002 (r382208) as in .51 so I saw in another thread.

Last edited:
Last Friday night I had some serious packet loss. However it was OK by Saturday morning. Today it started again where I would ping good 2-4 times and drop packets in between.
I bypassed the router and no packet loss. I did a factory reset twice on my router and each time I would experience the same type of packet loss.
Ont he second reset I didn't change any settings and it started again.

I'm thinking of downgrading my firmware to 376_49_5, but don't seem to be able to as it says flash unsuccessful.

Router is RT-AC66U

Last Friday night I had some serious packet loss. However it was OK by Saturday morning. Today it started again where I would ping good 2-4 times and drop packets in between.
I bypassed the router and no packet loss. I did a factory reset twice on my router and each time I would experience the same type of packet loss.
Ont he second reset I didn't change any settings and it started again.

I'm thinking of downgrading my firmware to 376_49_5, but don't seem to be able to as it says flash unsuccessful.

Router is RT-AC66U

Ok, managed to downgrade my firmware. So if I'm on the default 192.168.1.1 I'm not dropping any packets. The second I switch back to my default 192.168.41.1 is when the packet start to drop.

Edit:
Tracked it down to one of my VM's. It was running Google Drive and I updated the password last week. This instance never asked for me to re-enter my crendentials. Why it would cause my whole network to crash like it did is beyond me.

Last edited:
BTW curious, what was the wifi driver version in .50 that you reverted back from? ASUS stock current version (3.0.0.4.376.3861) is the same one 6.30.163.2002 (r382208) as in .51 so I saw in another thread.

From whichever was the previous one (I think I posted the GPL reference previously in this thread).

Version number doesn't mean anything. If Asus tweaks the power tables, the driver version will still remain the same.

Hi there! Just signed up to give some feedback, but first: Thank you, RMerlin for your hard work! It's much appreciated!
Anyway, just upgraded to .51 from a much older release and did a factory reset + power cycle. After the upgrade both my Apple TVs' AirPlay became VERY unstable: I could no longer beam Netflix or YouTube from my iOS device to the Apple TV (it just said something about an error). Music playback over AirPlay (i.e. from Spotify) was possible though.

Today I found out that turning of "Universal beam forming" on both bands in the router resolved the issue. Read somewhere that another guy was having problems with this setting and his iOS devices so I figured I would give a shot.

I'm absolutely no expert on routers, wifi and so I really don't know if theres is any logic og theory behind this. Just thought I would share my results.
Cheers!

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!