What's new

Asuswrt-Merlin 378.56 Beta 2 is out

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
@eddiez This belongs here as the problems started with the .56 beta firmware. What we discuss here never happened on the older versions.

@shooter40sw your generated dnsmasq.conf looks good but what about the stuff I actually asked?

Think I didn't miss anything that you asked for
I start the dnmasq.postconf by using the jffs/scripts/./dnsmasq.postconf
restart the dnsmasq service and checking if there is anything new in the /tmp/etc/dnsmasq.conf
Properties of the file:
Code:
/jffs/scripts# ls -lah
-rwxrwxrwx    1 Whatever  root         233 Oct 23 13:11 dnsmasq.postconf

@shooter40sw your generated dnsmasq.conf looks good but what about the stuff I actually asked?[/QUOTE]

Full dnmasq.postconf
Code:
:/jffs/scripts# cat dnsmasq.postconf
#!/bin/sh
CONFIG=$1
source /usr/sbin/helper.sh

if [ -d "/mnt/sda1" ]; then
        pc_append "log-facility=/tmp/mnt/x/logs/dnsmasq.log" $CONFIG
        pc_append "log-async" $CONFIG
        pc_append "log-queries" $CONFIG
fi
Full path:
Code:
:/tmp/etc# find / -name dnsmasq.log
/tmp/mnt/x/logs/dnsmasq.log

I placed these a few posts up, Im also using your code to block ads as you can see a few posts up, the only difference is the path, I placed /tmp/mnt/x/hosts to block hosts and the /tmp/mnt/x/logs for the dnsmasq.log
Thanks and sorry for any inconvenience

I start the dnmasq.postconf by using the jffs/scripts/./dnsmasq.postconf
Typo? Needs to be jffs/scripts/dnsmasq.postconf

Rest looks good. Have you rebooted your router?

Here is a postconf script that should work (just edit the path and filenames as appropriate):

Code:
#!/bin/sh
CONFIG=$1

pc_append "log-facility=/mnt/sda1/dnsmasq.log" $CONFIG
fi

Thanks so much @RMerlin, Everything is working fine now.

In case it helps anyone else, I completely removed the dnsmasaq.conf.add and moved all custom settings to dnsmasq.postconf as shown below. I also added "service restart_dnsmasq" to the post-mount script. So now it doesn't get tripped up during a cold boot and the settings I want get appplied once the drive becomes available.

Code:
#!/bin/sh
CONFIG=$1

pc_append "log-facility=/tmp/mnt/sda1/logs/dnsmasq.log" $CONFIG
    pc_append "log-queries=extra" $CONFIG
    pc_append "log-async" $CONFIG
    pc_append "address=/0.0.0.0/0.0.0.0" $CONFIG
    pc_append "ptr-record=0.0.0.0.in-addr.arpa,0.0.0.0" $CONFIG
    pc_append "addn-hosts=/tmp/mnt/sda1/hosts/hosts.blocked" $CONFIG
    pc_append "addn-hosts=/tmp/mnt/sda1/hosts/blacklist.txt" $CONFIG
fi

Typo? Needs to be jffs/scripts/dnsmasq.postconf

Rest looks good. Have you rebooted your router?

@thelonelycoder Did it both ways, restarted the router and nothing... I did not restart the router with the dnsmasq.postconf active just in case.. just troubleshooting restarting the dnsmasq service and checking the /etc/dnsmasq.conf

Heres the log:
Code:
 custom config: Appending content of /jffs/configs/dnsmasq.conf.add.
Oct 23 15:27:06 custom script: Running /jffs/scripts/dnsmasq.postconf (args: /etc/dnsmasq.conf)
Oct 23 15:27:06 dnsmasq[779]: started, version 2.73rc9 cachesize 1500
Oct 23 15:27:06 dnsmasq[779]: warning: interface ppp1* does not currently exist
Oct 23 15:27:06 dnsmasq[779]: warning: ignoring resolv-file flag because no-resolv is set
Oct 23 15:27:06 dnsmasq[779]: asynchronous logging enabled, queue limit is 5 messages
Oct 23 15:27:06 dnsmasq[779]: using nameserver 127.0.0.1#65053
Oct 23 15:27:06 dnsmasq[779]: using local addresses only for domain xx
Oct 23 15:27:06 dnsmasq[779]: read /etc/hosts - 5 addresses
Oct 23 15:27:08 dnsmasq[779]: read /tmp/mnt/x/hosts/hosts.blocked - 78358 addresses
Oct 23 15:27:08 dnsmasq[779]: read /etc/hosts.dnsmasq - 3 addresses
Oct 23 15:27:08 dnsmasq-dhcp[779]: read /etc/ethers - 3 addresses
Oct 23 15:27:08 dnsmasq[779]: using nameserver 208.67.222.222#53 for domain local
Oct 23 15:27:08 dnsmasq[779]: using nameserver 208.67.220.220#53 for domain local
Oct 23 15:27:08 dnsmasq[779]: using nameserver 127.0.0.1#65053
Oct 23 15:27:08 dnsmasq[779]: using local addresses xx

@eddiez This belongs here as the problems started with the .56 beta firmware. What we discuss here never happened on the older versions.

@shooter40sw your generated dnsmasq.conf looks good but what about the stuff I actually asked?
Apparently it is not a firmware related issue...Just some manual script mess up. But hey, use the community board for individual purposes...

Apparently it is not a firmware related issue...Just some manual script mess up. But hey, use the community board for individual purposes...
This is not a mess up. These scripts worked flawlessly up until the .56 beta came out. So I believe this very well belongs in this place.

Not sure if this has been mentioned before. My client lists don't match: here's the network map:
yB5Llaa.png

Here's the list on the Tools page:
ITr1gZx.png

The LAN 3 should be my Bluray player. At least it should be "Samsung" and not "HEAD-PC" which is in LAN 1.

Note 2: Mediafire is still experiencing issues (it's now been escalated to their engineering department). For the time being, please use the new Sourceforge mirror.

Have you thought of using Fosshub instead of Sourceforge? Their hosting is distributed, fast and free. I download binaries of various project from there and never had any issues.

Just my 2 cents...

Maybe I'm doing something wrong, and maybe someone have written here already, but looks like openvpn policy rules don't take effect properly. (AC66U)

In earlier builds if I used policy rules I have noticed that OVPN client ignores routes received from server side and uses only routes from policy table.
But now the ovpn client accepts routes to main routing table, even if policy rules are enabled - so every device in my network has access to places they should not access.

Have you thought of using Fosshub instead of Sourceforge? Their hosting is distributed, fast and free. I download binaries of various project from there and never had any issues.

Just my 2 cents...

Never heard about them before.

So far I don't have any complains regarding Sourceforge, so I'll settle for them for the time being.

QoS Customize does not show any options to configure APPs priority.
It was good on beta 1.

Something corrupted the nvram setting. For now, reset it over SSH:

Code:
nvram unset bwdpi_app_rulelist
nvram commit

Strange because whatever corrupted the nvram setting it also did it to my RT-AC56U as well.

Strange because whatever corrupted the nvram setting it also did it to my RT-AC56U as well.

And also on my RT-AC88U. But I have no idea what corrupted it, or when that happened.

OK, problem, with the above commands the Adaptive QoS rules appear but they do not seem to be saved.

EDIT: Fixed it with a reboot and by switching between modes of the Adaptive QoS (selected gaming, saved, selected custom, saved again, kept the priorities.).

Last edited:
This is located in RAM. If that location is full, it means your router is out of RAM.

After a reboot all was fine again.
Just wondering, I noticed the USB disk is mounted in /tmp/mnt/Backups. What if the idletimeout kicked in and timemachine starts a backup? Wouldn't that then fill /tmp/mnt/Backups which then fills RAM and not the actual disk? If that is a possibility, is it perhaps an idea to mount disks in just /mnt for example?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!