What's new

Asuswrt-Merlin 378.56 Beta 2 is out

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
After a reboot all was fine again.
Just wondering, I noticed the USB disk is mounted in /tmp/mnt/Backups. What if the idletimeout kicked in and timemachine starts a backup? Wouldn't that then fill /tmp/mnt/Backups which then fills RAM and not the actual disk? If that is a possibility, is it perhaps an idea to mount disks in just /mnt for example?
The mount point of /mnt is /tmp/mnt

I am a new user on this forum but I have been following Merlin's work for some time now

First of all I would like to thank you for you great job so far.

I own ac AC87 , on 378.56 Beta 2 and I´m sure your contibution to the router firmware is priceless,

Different from most users I dont really need advanced functions, I bought the router mainly for its coverage area.

But I do have 2 simple problems since I bought this router ( i´ve tested more than 12 firmware versions) that I really need a solution:

1) Conncetion instability at 2.4Ghz. I have a 60Mb Internet connection. Everytime I check the speed at the computer that is plugged at the router via cable, I get 60+ speeds.

However, on the devices on 2.4Ghz , half of the time I get 56Mb , the the other half 30Mb, and even 10Mb ( tested on 2 different devices, same distance from the router) Is this behviour to be expected with this firmware?

2) My Samsung SmartTV is using 5Ghz. Once a week, or maybe every 4 day, the connection simple drops. Is this also expected behaviour?

Can someone help me?

Thank you!

Hi Merlin, All. If I am upgrading from HGG fork to this, do I need to clear NVRAM, or it should be ok? thanks.

RT-AC68P: Auto logouts with 378.56b1 and 378.56b2 and unable to make changes via the GUI...

I reported this problem first under 378.56b1 and confirm it is present with beta 2. I think the problem may have to do with having the LAN ip address set to 10.0.0.1

I had factory reset the router and installed beta 2 FW. Things were OK as I made various settings. Then I set the LAN IP to 10.0.0.1 and after adjusting my networking to work with the 10.0.0.1 router, I could no longer make changes. The router is operating OK. I can login. Sometimes it will log me out just after logging in. But if I am logged in and attempt to make any setting change I will be logged out and the setting will not be done.

I have verified different browsers, remove any cookies, disable all add on, tried various browsers, etc. This problem is not present on 378.55.

This is especially painful since I cannot revert back the firmware through the GUI as the same thing happens, logout with no change. Is there a way to install firmware from the router's shell?

Found the way to flash from the shell... was able to revert back with:
mtd-write2 RT-AC68U_378.55_0.trx linux

Last edited:
I have the same problem on my AC68u when going to Asus Firmware 3.0.0.4.378.9135 as well. I get kicked out of the AC66u when modifying settings and/or immediately after logging in. I moved back to Merlin 378.55 (via emergency firmware restore utility) and everything was find again. Is this due to NVRAM being corrupt across upgrade versions?

On the other hand, my AC87u updated to 378.56b2 DOES NOT exhibit this issue.....

RT-AC68P: Auto logouts with 378.56b1 and 378.56b2 and unable to make changes via the GUI...

I reported this problem first under 378.56b1 and confirm it is present with beta 2. I think the problem may have to do with having the LAN ip address set to 10.0.0.1

I had factory reset the router and installed beta 2 FW. Things were OK as I made various settings. Then I set the LAN IP to 10.0.0.1 and after adjusting my networking to work with the 10.0.0.1 router, I could no longer make changes. The router is operating OK. I can login. Sometimes it will log me out just after logging in. But if I am logged in and attempt to make any setting change I will be logged out and the setting will not be done.

I have verified different browsers, remove any cookies, disable all add on, tried various browsers, etc. This problem is not present on 378.55.

This is especially painful since I cannot revert back the firmware through the GUI as the same thing happens, logout with no change. Is there a way to install firmware from the router's shell?

Found the way to flash from the shell... was able to revert back with:
mtd-write2 RT-AC68U_378.55_0.trx linux

I have the same problem on my AC68u when going to Asus Firmware 3.0.0.4.378.9135 as well. I get kicked out of the AC66u when modifying settings and/or immediately after logging in. I moved back to Merlin 378.55 (via emergency firmware restore utility) and everything was find again. Is this due to NVRAM being corrupt across upgrade versions?

On the other hand, my AC87u updated to 378.56b2 DOES NOT exhibit this issue.....

I was on dd-wrt previous to flashing 378.56b2. I did a 30/30/30 reset to factory. I got to the CFE Loader and also reset to factory. So this was flashed to 378.56b2 after a complete reset. Everything was fine until the router LAN address assignment. Reverting back to 378.55 without a reset and things are back to normal GUI operation. There were no problems under 378.56 from the shell.

Hi Merlin, All. If I am upgrading from HGG fork to this, do I need to clear NVRAM, or it should be ok? thanks.

I have no idea what changes that undocumented fork does to nvram, nor even on which version the fork you are running is based on, so I cannot comment on it.

For me it broke tonight.....

GMT +1 (Stockholm)

* Reminder: The System time zone is different from your locale setting.

?

QoS Customize does not show any options to configure APPs priority.
It was good on beta 1.
Qo_S.png
I've had the same running the latest Asus stock firmware on my RT-AC68U so its not Merlin specific

For me it broke tonight.....

GMT +1 (Stockholm)

* Reminder: The System time zone is different from your locale setting.

?
Working fine here in STHLM, but i used "se.pool.ntp.org"

Working fine here in STHLM, but i used "se.pool.ntp.org"

Well, changed time server and a reboot.... it worked! Thanks!

I have this in my log: miniupnpd[8578]: could not open lease file: /var/lib/misc/upnp.leases
Shouldn't path be like this, or am i completly wrong? /var/lib/misc/dnsmasq.leases

Octopus

I have this in my log: miniupnpd[8578]: could not open lease file: /var/lib/misc/upnp.leases
Shouldn't path be like this, or am i completly wrong? /var/lib/misc/dnsmasq.leases

Octopus

This file contains the existing UPNP forwards, so they can be reused between restarts of the service. On the first start that file won't exist, hence the warning message.

The file is just oddly named - that's how the Tomato dev who originally added this to miniupnpd chose to call it, for some reason.

Why i cannot access router via WAN?

I got "enable web access" on administration system options, but cannot access it!

I'm using 378.55 stable and don't understand...

Thanks for excellent job!!

Sent from my ONE A2003 using Tapatalk

This file contains the existing UPNP forwards, so they can be reused between restarts of the service. On the first start that file won't exist, hence the warning message.
The file is just oddly named - that's how the Tomato dev who originally added this to miniupnpd chose to call it, for some reason.

Thanks for answers. I don't have upnp.leases file in that directory and it displays leases time in system log=> DHCP leases.
I can try reboot later and se if it show up, but i have never seen that.
Link in /etc/upnp/config show: lease file=/var/lib/misc/upnp.leases

Octopus

Thanks for answers. I don't have upnp.leases file in that directory and it displays leases time in system log=> DHCP leases.
I can try reboot later and se if it show up, but i have never seen that.
Link in /etc/upnp/config show: lease file=/var/lib/misc/upnp.leases

Octopus

When you have NAT-PMP forwards set, it will contain entries, such as this:

Code:
admin@Stargate88:/tmp/home/root# cat /var/lib/misc/upnp.leases 
UDP:36941:192.168.10.100:36941:1445806597:NAT-PMP 36941 udp
TCP:36941:192.168.10.100:36941:1445806597:NAT-PMP 36941 tcp

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!