What's new

[Beta] Asuswrt-Merlin 380.60 Beta is now available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

380.59 was solid with IPv6 on Comcast with an up time of about 15 continuous days, but 380.60 beta 1 has been a little wonky. It'll lose connection, and requires a reboot of modem or router to come back. Not entirely sure it's the solely the router, but there's definitely an uptick with 380.60 beta 1. Everything else (OpenVPN, Samba, etc) has been rock solid as always.

Try accessing the router over SSH. Check if httpd is still running:

Code:
ps w | grep http

Also, check the content of the system log to see if there's anything regarding perhaps the httpd being restarted by the watchdog:

Code:
cat /tmp/syslog.log

Hi RMerlin,

I still get the same problem with the Beta2.
I can tell you now, that the webaccess stops working exactly at the moment the 5GHz wifi start working (which is about a minute or two after the router is accessible after a reboot)

I'll try the SSH-stuff at the weekend

I just uploaded Beta 2. The only changes over Beta 1 are a pair of fixes related to WAN. No idea if it's related to the most frequently discussed issue that was added in recent Asus GPL, so please give this new build a try.
Flashing now [emoji3]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hmmm.. seems I'm having a similar issue to others on my RT-AC68U where the internet wigs out every so often with all kinds of lost packets doing tracerts. Noticed this in my log when it happened:

Jun 24 18:08:15 WAN Connection: ISP's DHCP did not function properly.
Jun 24 18:08:15 stop_nat_rules: apply the redirect_rules!
Jun 24 18:08:21 WAN Connection: WAN was restored.
Jun 24 18:08:21 start_nat_rules: apply the nat_rules(/tmp/nat_rules_eth0_eth0)!

After awhile things started working better. I set the DHCP query frequency to Normal Mode and will see what happens. When I went from 380.59 to 380.60beta1 all I did was Power the router off for awhile. When I went to 380.60beta 2 I did nothing. Haven't done a factory reset yet. If it happens again, I will.

Thought I should mention that I have all Wireless turned off. Only use wired connection.

I went back and looked at some older saved logs (one was from January) and they do have lines similar to "Jun 24 18:08:15 WAN Connection: ISP's DHCP did not function properly." in them but only during the initial boot/restart phase and not during the middle of normal web browsing.

Last edited:
RT-AC56U 380.60_beta2

WAN connectivity for all clients still breaks when using OpenVPN client + selective routing + Accept DNS configuration "Strict". Same as previously posted regarding 380.60_alpha2.

Trying to reach a WAN site by entering an IP address in browser, after a period of time, results in a redirect to an ASUS error screen that says "Please Wait for Internet, Reconnecting RT-AC56U". The screen flickers indefinitely and the router never reconnects. Simply turning off the VPN client, resetting "Accept DNS Configuration" to "Exclusive", saving the settings, and restarting the VPN client fixes the problem and everything returns to normal.

Can't ping WAN IP addresses from any client when the problem occurs.

I resetted router by down power button and holding WPS button and updated beta2 via LAN
Now in testing....

2yy6zo7.jpg

That's my first syslog.txt

Attachments

• syslog.txt
    41.1 KB · Views: 578
Beta 2 working fine here RT_AC88U

though still getting the annoying ip/routering/conflict when using openvpn
first time connect works perfect
stop the service and and start it up and it connects and still works but there is a routing/ip conflict still....

needs a better way to clean the ip routing or table of previously vpn connected ips before starting service again .... to fix the issue..... still waiting on that :D

I been running Beta 1 since day 1 flawless, installed Beta 2 5 hours ago, no issues RT-AC5300

RT-AC56U 380.60_beta2

WAN connectivity for all clients still breaks when using OpenVPN client + selective routing + Accept DNS configuration "Strict". Same as previously posted regarding 380.60_alpha2.

Trying to reach a WAN site by entering an IP address in browser, after a period of time, results in a redirect to an ASUS error screen that says "Please Wait for Internet, Reconnecting RT-AC56U". The screen flickers indefinitely and the router never reconnects. Simply turning off the VPN client, resetting "Accept DNS Configuration" to "Exclusive", saving the settings, and restarting the VPN client fixes the problem and everything returns to normal.

Can't ping WAN IP addresses from any client when the problem occurs.
I have the same problem with my internet dropping and your solution of using Exclusive worked for now. I'm using a AC56U with PIA openvpn setup. Beta 1 was the same issue.

Just upgraded from Beta 1 to Beta 2 on My AC5300 Do I need to reset to factory default after flashing?

No.

though still getting the annoying ip/routering/conflict when using openvpn
first time connect works perfect

As I said, the only changes in Beta 2 were related to the WAN code.

It would seem that those changes have broken other things.

I never had WAN issues with Beta 1 (actually, I've never had WAN issues) but now - after a period of time - less than an hour - I lose my WAN connection. Red light on the router (AC88U) and msg: Network cable is disconnected on the Network Map page.

I don't seem to be having the same problem on the AC3200.

EDIT: Just to spell it out - Yes, I installed Beta 2.

I just uploaded Beta 2. The only changes over Beta 1 are a pair of fixes related to WAN. No idea if it's related to the most frequently discussed issue that was added in recent Asus GPL, so please give this new build a try.
I've just loaded Beta 2 to my RT-AC5300. Everything is running fine. I am even able to run Foscam's IP Camera tool, which had stopped working under Beta 1 yesterday.

Thanks for your efforts...

Beta 2 seems to have fixed my VPN issue. :) I have not seen any WAN error since updating, hopefully it stays that way.

Thanks!

Upgraded rt-87r from 380.60 alpha 3 to 380.60 beta 2 with no issues. Did not perform a router reset. wifi 2.4 and 5ghz working with no issues.

Thank you

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!