What's new

Client display names

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

xus

Occasional Visitor
Hi, new here & recently bought an Asus rt-ac68u. First thing I done was flash latest merlin firmware 380.57 but i've noticed some problems with the way client names have been appearing. Haven't used it long enough to know if its a known issue or if its me being an idiot.

Network map - renamed a device with mac XX:XX from ABC to XYZ, all was fine. Next time I logged, different device with mac YY:YY is now called XYZ? and original device XX:XX has reverted back to ABC?

DHCP lease list - I guessed the dhcp list would be more accurate but also noticed in here a couple of times duplicate entries, devices listed as both old and new names, but with different macs? (one correct pair, one with correct mac of another device but incorrect name).

Traffic analyser - to start with it would show me device names now it shows some device names and some as mac addresses?

Other than those small issues, it's an absolutely fantastic firmware & router.
Thanks

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!