What's new

[CLOSED] Asuswrt-Merlin 378.50 Beta 1 is out

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Merlin,

I am seeing a bug in the Adaptive QoS - WAN/LAN Bandwidth Monitor:

With App Analysis On, the Host Totals are showing 0k up/down, but if you drill into the host, it shows General with say 300k up/ 400k down. But the Totals on the dials at the top for the WAN are smaller than the total for General for example.

I haven't tried disabling Traffic Analysis yet to see if that has any impact on it or not.

Only thing I see in system log is this
kernel: htb: htb qdisc 17: is non-work-conserving?

Just thought I would let you know.

T.

Could be because they use a different sampling rate.

Most of this is closed source, so not much that can be changed.

Sorry, what is FA?

Flow Accelerator. A second level of NAT acceleration, found only in newer chips from Broadcom (namely the BCM4709 used by the AC87U and the new AC68P).

It seems to have its own share of compatibility issues with both applications and ISPs. That might be why Asus decided to leave it disabled for now.

I wonder if it's Ipv6 tunnel related, because this only happens after establishing an internet connection, when the IPv6 tunnel is about to be established, which needs "http://ipv4.tunnelbroker.net" resolved but can't because dnsmasq seems attempting to query a ipv6 name server which is not available yet, thus forming a deadlock.
At the same time I find "resolv.dnsmasq" like this:
http://freetexthost.com/gpykh5qqcv

This is from syslog:
http://freetexthost.com/nx1ak6rhzz

After I remove the two ipv6 server entries from /tmp/resolv.dnsmasq and send a SIGHUP to dnsmasq, pinging from router immediately works. According to the order of nameserver read seen from syslog, does this mean "strict-order" force dnsmasq to use ipv6 nameserver while they are not available, resulting a hang?

BTW, if I remove "strict-order" in the first place and establish a new WAN connection and after that, if I re-add "strict-order" back, everything fine.
Thx

I also did my tests with my HE tunnel up, so I could also test your particular scenario where you had IPv6 servers configured.

An old post from Simon that I found last night mentionned that strict-order was a broken implementation, due to the way name resolution typically worked. There's a good chance that it's still the case today, and in certain particular scenarios it causes its share of issues.

Wireless MAC filter name not saved

Hello Folks,

I can't seem to be able to save the 'Name' field next to the MAC address.

The value I put in gets replaced by the MAC address. So an entry should look like this:

e0:69:95:36:61:91 Workstation-Name

But I get this:

e0:69:95:36:61:91 e0:69:95:36:61:91

This happens for all entries I enter into the router... except the last entry keeps the name Ok.

Is this the right place for posting this type of bug?

Cheers!

I upgraded from 376.49_5 to 378.50_beta1 performed a factory reset and everything seems to be working as expected.

I am Running RT-N66U

Noticed a couple of things

1) My CFE is version 1.0.1.9 and I let my router sit for a few hours and no change.

2) I am working on making a custom script for DDNS for dnsomatic however when I go to configure a custom script it tells me that "Account name can not be blank" yet i do not have an option for account name.

Thank you for your hard work on this.

AC66R

Most of the issues and comments and questions seem to be around the 56u or 68U or 87u (newer versions) So how is this beta performing on the AC66?

Last edited:
1) My CFE is version 1.0.1.9 and I let my router sit for a few hours and no change.

The RT-AC68U is the only model with a CFE upgrade.

2) I am working on making a custom script for DDNS for dnsomatic however when I go to configure a custom script it tells me that "Account name can not be blank" yet i do not have an option for account name.

The idea is to fill this with the FQDN (complete hostname, i.e. myhost.dyndns.org) for at least one of your DDNS services, so that way it can be reused by the firmware when it generates OpenVPN client config files, AiCloud download links, etc...

Upnp

In repeater mode (AC68) upnp does not work on the LAN ports. Wifi does this work.

Bug in Merlin's firmware? Or limitation by Asus

on 378,50 beta1

Last edited:
Ah, I misunderstood.

The idea is to fill this with the FQDN (complete hostname, i.e. myhost.dyndns.org) for at least one of your DDNS services, so that way it can be reused by the firmware when it generates OpenVPN client config files, AiCloud download links, etc...

I think the screenshot might help. I don't have an option for "Account Name" and I can not "Apply" unless I cheat and select one of the other options and then come back to custom and select it.

Attachments

• screenshot.png
    screenshot.png
    66.2 KB · Views: 594

I did factory reset/power cycle/ flash the beta / factory reset/power cycle and the CFE on my RT-AC68U is still 1.0.1.6 :(

EDIT : and CFE 1.0.1.4 on my RT-AC66U but I guess this is normal.

Last edited:
Another bug I noticed:

In the Samba share I have 4 folders. 3 are shares that I want to see, the 4th is the .sparsebundle that I'm assuming Time Machine made. I have R/W on the 3 normal shares, and "No" selected for the Time Machine sparsebundle folder. When I connect to server on my Mac, it asks what to attach. I select the 3 folders (the sparse shows up as an option, but I never select it) and now when I click on the shared tab, I see all 4. I can navigate into the 3 normal shares, but when I click on the .sparsebundle folder that shouldn't even be appearing, Finder crashes and the window disappears. I know it sounds nit picky, but I really don't even want to see that .sparsebundle, it interrupts my nice little filing system. ;-)

This is on the 378.50_beta1_dpi AC56U. The volume the shares and time machine backups are on is a 1TB Seagate attached to USB3 port, formatted as EXT4. If that helps. BTW, Thanks for all of your hard work on ASUSWRT merlin! You're awesome!

yes I did read your previous post.
But why isn't it included in this beta?
(I ask but I really don't know what is CFE :D )

The CFE boot loader upgrade is in this build see post #1. Also you are aware that the CFE upgrade is only for the AC68U.

Works for me:

Code:
Windows PowerShell
Copyright (C) 2014 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

PS C:\WINDOWS\system32> Get-SmbConnection

ServerName          ShareName           UserName            Credential          Dialect             NumOpens
----------          ---------           --------            ----------          -------             --------
stargate87          Share (at KT410)    AVALON\Merlin       AVALON\Merlin       2.0.2               1

Did you also restart Samba on the router?

Hi Merlin

Yes, of course, not only Samba restarted, Router, PC... nothing seem to work... i don't know the problem:

Code:
Windows PowerShell
Copyright (C) 2014 Microsoft Corporation. Todos los derechos reservados.

PS C:\Windows\system32> Get-SmbConnection

ServerName          ShareName           UserName            Credential          Dialect             NumOpens
----------          ---------           --------            ----------          -------             --------
LILITH              Download2           Deux\Theliel        Deux\Theliel        1.50                1

Samba Configuration (default values):

Code:
Theliel@Lilith:/tmp/home/root# cat /etc/smb.conf
[global]
workgroup = CASA
netbios name = Lilith
server string = Lilith
unix charset = UTF8
display charset = UTF8
log file = /var/log.samba
log level = 0
max log size = 5
security = SHARE
guest only = yes
encrypt passwords = yes
pam password change = no
null passwords = yes
max protocol = SMB2
passdb backend = smbpasswd
smb encrypt = disabled
smb passwd file = /etc/samba/smbpasswd
force directory mode = 0777
force create mode = 0777
max connections = 5
obey pam restrictions = no
use spnego = no
client use spnego = no
disable spoolss = yes
host msdfs = no
strict allocate = No
bind interfaces only = yes
interfaces = br0 192.168.2.1/255.255.255.0
use sendfile = yes
os level = 255
domain master = yes
local master = yes
preferred master = yes
map archive = no
map hidden = no
map read only = no
map system = no
store dos attributes = yes
dos filemode = yes
oplocks = yes
level2 oplocks = yes
kernel oplocks = no
wide links = no
[sda1]
comment = Sony Storage Media's sda1
veto files = /.__*.txt*/asus_lighttpdpasswd/
path = /tmp/mnt/sda1
writeable = yes
dos filetimes = yes
fake directory create times = yes

The CFE boot loader upgrade is in this build see post #1. Also you are aware that the CFE upgrade is only for the AC68U.

I have an AC68U, so does propergol according to his post.
The CFE upgrade apparently doesn't work.

Hi, guys. I have few questions about last 378.50 beta. When I set TimeMachine, it's hostname differs from router's hostname. Is it possible to tune options in /tmp/avahi/avahi-daemon.conf and /tmp/netatalk/afp.conf?

According to this info, config files can be mofified via /jffs/configs/ and Postconf scripts, but list of available conf files does not contain avahi nor afp.conf...

Updated to the 3.0.0.4.378.50_beta1 and so far seems to be running fine (RT-AC68U)

Tought I'd report some minor things that I've noticed...nothing serious yet :)

1. In the "Adaptive QoS - Web Histroy" tab (misspelled)

2. The bottom of the "Adaptive QoS - WAN/LAN Bandwidth Monitor" the "WAN/LAN Bandwidth Monitor FAQ" points to a none existing link

http://www.asus.com/us/support/FAQ/1008717/

B.t.w Is there a way to turn of the logging of "Web History" in the QoS? or is it part of the QoS?
How many sites are being logged per client? (the gui seem to show the last hour)

And what about privacy policy? I'm a bit curious... Is the collected data being sent back to Asus/Trend Micro in any way?

Thanks!

Michael

Status
Not open for further replies.