What's new

Dear RMERLIN please add timed reboot feature...

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

dolftb

Occasional Visitor
HI,

I have the lastest .34-2 firmware running on both Router and media bridge. If I don't reboot router every few days the transfer speeds of large files will drop from 45mb/s to 25-30 mb/s

This has been going on for months will all the recent firmware versions. I don't need to reboot the media bridge just the router.

All of my devices have static Ip's with exception to my 2 laptops and smartphone for which I instructed router to assign a specific IP to mac addresses . This because if have had many conflicts before. This however should not have a bearing on the issue above.

I prefer this firmware over DD-WRT however that does have a reboot fuction that can been designated. Would it be much trouble to implicate this ??/

Thanks

Router already has this feature. Just use CRON, and bash script as described in the readme file.

script file should consist: (any name but the extension sh, and chmod 777*)
Code:
#!bin/sh
reboot

*read readme for more info.

Last edited:
Try adding a cron job.

Edit (or create) the file /jffs/scripts/services-start

add the following line:

cru a dailyReboot "0 1 * * * /sbin/reboot"

I would reboot after adding this line. It then sets up a cron job that, at 1AM in the morning, every day, will execute the reboot command.

Should work...

Thanks but where to put....

Try adding a cron job.

Edit (or create) the file /jffs/scripts/services-start

add the following line:

I would reboot after adding this line. It then sets up a cron job that, at 1AM in the morning, every day, will execute the reboot command.

Should work...

Hi,

Thanks for your help. So when I copy the line you gave me where do I paste it into ?

Sorry I am a intermediate when it come to these things...

Ok, try this.

Open a telnet or ssh session and get to the command prompt.

Mine shows:
admin@RT-AC68U: /tmp/home/root#

at the commmand prompt type these commands exactly how it is here:

echo "#!/bin/sh" > /jffs/scripts/services-start
echo "cru a dailyReboot \"0 1 * * * /sbin/reboot\"" >> /jffs/scripts/services-start

Now, check and make sure the file is created and has this in it:

Type this cat command at the command prompt:

cat /jffs/scripts/services-start

It should show this:

#!/bin/sh

If so, your good to go. Now we need to make it executable. So, enter this command:

chmod a+x /jffs/scripts/services-start

You will now need to reboot the router for the command to actually execute. So, reboot.

After booting, I would telnet or ssh back into the router and see if it is actually running. So, type this at the command prompt:

cru l

It should show this:

0 1 * * * /sbin/reboot #dailyReboot#

Good luck

Last edited:

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!