What's new

Desktop no internet connection after upgrading RT-AC68U to 380.57

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

nfshp253

Regular Contributor
Hi, I'm experiencing problems with internet connectivity on my desktop after upgrading the RT-AC68U's firmware to 380.57. Other devices from laptops to smartphones all work except for the desktop. I've tried flushing the DNS, resetting netsock and other netsh commands but it still wouldn't work. I can access only local devices on the desktop (i.e. the RT-AC68U and other connected devices on the network) but not any internet pages. I keep getting an ERR_CONNECTION_RESET error in Chrome. The desktop has a Killer e2200 Ethernet Controller if that helps. Anyone has any experience with this? In fact, 376.49_5 was the last firmware that worked for the desktop. Anything after (e.g. 378 or 379 series) didn't work. Was there some significant code change that could have caused this?

Ah never mind, it was the Killer network driver. Uninstalled the Killer Suite and reinstalled newer drivers and everything's working fine now.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!