What's new

Does T-Mobile/ASUS TM-AC1900 (RT-AC68U) Support Merlin?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
You will have to add the TM-1900 profile to target.mak and compile it with that model number.

Do you have instructions on how to do that? I've used your firmware on all of my Asus products and while I have no problems with my TM-1900's (2, soon to be 3), like to live on the cutting edge! Thank Merlin!

I'm not sure if I have no idea of what I am doing or if I have a legit issue. When I try to hit the Tools menu item in the Merlin fork firmware GUI it seems like the page doesnt fully load. It is hitting the /Tools_Sysinfo.asp page. The webpage has an all white background and all I can do is view the system information. I am really trying to get to the CMD screen but I dont see how to do that. Once I am on the Tools_Sysinfo page, the only thing I can do is a hard reset of the router to get off of it. If I close the webpage and try to reconnect, I can't. I get a textual notifacation that settings changed and the page will refresh, which it never ends up doing. No matter what I do this seems to happen. I assume this is not expected???? Anyone else have this issue?

Last edited:
I'm not sure if I have no idea of what I am doing or if I have a legit issue. When I try to hit the Tools menu item in the Merlin fork firmware GUI it seems like the page doesnt fully load. It is hitting the /Tools_Sysinfo.asp page. The webpage has an all white background and all I can do is view the system information. I am really trying to get to the CMD screen but I dont see how to do that. Once I am on the Tools_Sysinfo page, the only thing I can do is a hard reset of the router to get off of it. If I close the webpage and try to reconnect, I can't. I get a textual notifacation that settings changed and the page will refresh, which it never ends up doing. No matter what I do this seems to happen. I assume this is not expected???? Anyone else have this issue?

Same here. Issue does not exist on 376.47.

Same here. Issue does not exist on 376.47.

Thanks, I will see if I can report it as a bug (perhaps it is just this version of the router, who knows). I don't want to move to the newer firmware since i want to experiment with the transmit power settings and region codes. I think I got them set via telnet but I cant tell if the settings took and i haven't had a chance to check signal strength around the house. Would rather enter the commands via the GUI, if possible.

I confirm that flashing worked: installed 376.45_0 and am now operating in repeater mode.

I confirm that flashing worked: installed 376.45_0 and am now operating in repeater mode.

The recovery utility for RT-AC66U is still up, but I can't say if it would work for you.

I used the recovery utility for the RT-N16 on my AR-AC68 (TMobile version) and there were no issues. It's just a TFTP transfer utility (which TFTP.EXE also works). Once in recovery mode, the router will sit in a loop looking for a TFTP'ed firmware to load and flash (I've monitored this on the RT-N16 router using the RS232 serial header).

Just as another report:

Received the RT-AC68 today from T-mobile. Before letting it connect to the internet, I (via the webpage) flashed to 374.43_2-03j9527 Merlin-Fork.

I'm running it now and everything seems fine.

You will have to add the TM-1900 profile to target.mak and compile it with that model number.

Set up a new build env and built AC-68U successfully but with the TM-AC1900 I get:

Code:
make[4]: Entering directory `/root/asuswrt-merlin/release/src/router/rc'
 [rc] CC rc.o
rc.c: In function ‘rctest_main’:
rc.c:106:4: warning: implicit declaration of function ‘start_psta_monitor’
rc.c:107:4: warning: implicit declaration of function ‘stop_psta_monitor’
rc.c:205:4: warning: implicit declaration of function ‘get_fa_rev’
rc.c:208:4: warning: implicit declaration of function ‘get_fa_dump’
rc.c: In function ‘main’:
rc.c:684:3: warning: implicit declaration of function ‘wlcscan_main’
 [rc] CC init.o
init.c: In function ‘misc_ioctrl’:
init.c:326:4: warning: implicit declaration of function ‘setWlOffLed’
init.c: In function ‘wl_defaults_wps’:
init.c:599:2: warning: implicit declaration of function ‘restore_defaults_tmobile’
init.c: In function ‘restore_defaults’:
init.c:971:4: warning: implicit declaration of function ‘get_blver’
init.c: In function ‘fa_nvram_adjust’:
init.c:4275:7: warning: unused variable ‘buf’
init.c: In function ‘chk_etfa’:
init.c:4348:4: warning: implicit declaration of function ‘get_fa_rev’
init.c: In function ‘sysinit’:
init.c:4828:2: warning: implicit declaration of function ‘init_others’
init.c: In function ‘init_main’:
init.c:5090:6: warning: implicit declaration of function ‘set_wltxpower’
init.c:4902:27: warning: unused variable ‘dev_fail_count’
init.c: At top level:
init.c:1353:12: warning: ‘set_basic_ifname_vars’ defined but not used
 [rc] CC interface.o
interface.c: In function ‘start_vlan’:
interface.c:369:3: warning: pointer targets in passing argument 2 of ‘ether_atoe’ differ in signedness
/root/asuswrt-merlin/release/src-rt-6.x.4708/router/shared/shutils.h:125:12: note: expected ‘unsigned char *’ but argument is of type ‘char *’
interface.c:421:3: warning: implicit declaration of function ‘set_wan_tag’
 [rc] CC lan.o
lan.c: In function ‘wlconf’:
lan.c:285:4: error: too few arguments to function ‘start_dnsmasq’
./rc.h:758:13: note: declared here
lan.c:411:4: warning: unknown conversion type character 0xa in format
lan.c:411:4: warning: unknown conversion type character 0xa in format
lan.c: In function ‘wlconf_pre’:
lan.c:771:6: warning: implicit declaration of function ‘wps_band_ssid_broadcast_off’
lan.c: In function ‘wlconf_post’:
lan.c:783:2: warning: passing argument 1 of ‘wl_ioctl’ discards qualifiers from pointer target type
/root/asuswrt-merlin/release/src-rt-6.x.4708/router/shared/wlutils.h:33:12: note: expected ‘char *’ but argument is of type ‘const char *’
lan.c:778:35: warning: unused variable ‘tmp’
lan.c: In function ‘start_wl’:
lan.c:953:2: warning: implicit declaration of function ‘init_wllc’
lan.c: In function ‘start_lan’:
lan.c:1324:2: warning: implicit declaration of function ‘set_wltxpower’
lan.c:1326:2: warning: implicit declaration of function ‘reset_countrycode_2g’
lan.c:1327:2: warning: implicit declaration of function ‘reset_countrycode_5g’
lan.c:1328:2: warning: implicit declaration of function ‘reset_countryrev_2g’
lan.c:1329:2: warning: implicit declaration of function ‘reset_countryrev_5g’
lan.c:1508:8: warning: pointer targets in passing argument 1 of ‘ether_etoa’ differ in signedness
/root/asuswrt-merlin/release/src-rt-6.x.4708/router/shared/shutils.h:133:15: note: expected ‘const unsigned char *’ but argument is of type ‘char *’
lan.c:1587:2: warning: pointer targets in passing argument 1 of ‘ether_etoa’ differ in signedness
/root/asuswrt-merlin/release/src-rt-6.x.4708/router/shared/shutils.h:133:15: note: expected ‘const unsigned char *’ but argument is of type ‘char *’
lan.c:1562:1: warning: label ‘gmac3_no_swbr’ defined but not used
lan.c: In function ‘hotplug_net’:
lan.c:2015:2: warning: implicit declaration of function ‘wl_wlif_is_psta’
lan.c: In function ‘restart_wireless’:
lan.c:3470:2: warning: implicit declaration of function ‘stop_acsd’
lan.c:3474:2: warning: implicit declaration of function ‘stop_igmp_proxy’
lan.c:3476:2: warning: implicit declaration of function ‘stop_hspotap’
lan.c:3481:2: warning: implicit declaration of function ‘stop_nas’
lan.c:3482:2: warning: implicit declaration of function ‘stop_eapd’
lan.c:3505:2: warning: implicit declaration of function ‘start_eapd’
lan.c:3506:2: warning: implicit declaration of function ‘start_nas’
lan.c:3513:2: warning: implicit declaration of function ‘start_hspotap’
lan.c:3515:2: warning: implicit declaration of function ‘start_igmp_proxy’
lan.c:3519:2: warning: implicit declaration of function ‘start_acsd’
lan.c:3535:3: warning: implicit declaration of function ‘del_EbtablesRules’
lan.c:3536:3: warning: implicit declaration of function ‘add_EbtablesRules’
make[4]: *** [lan.o] Error 1
make[4]: Leaving directory `/root/asuswrt-merlin/release/src/router/rc'
make[3]: *** [rc] Error 2
make[3]: Leaving directory `/root/asuswrt-merlin/release/src/router'
make[2]: *** [all] Error 2
make[2]: Leaving directory `/root/asuswrt-merlin/release/src-rt-6.x.4708'
make[1]: *** [bin] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory `/root/asuswrt-merlin/release/src-rt-6.x.4708'
make: *** [TM-AC1900] Error 2

Any thoughts?

Set up a new build env and built AC-68U successfully but with the TM-AC1900 I get:

Code:
lan.c: In function ‘wlconf’:
lan.c:285:4: error: too few arguments to function ‘start_dnsmasq’

Any thoughts?

Must be a start_dnsmasq() call that doesn't use the same syntax as mine, and is conditional to the TM-AC1900.

I really have no interest in spending time debugging support for the TM-AC1900, so you're on your own, sorry.

Would it be possible to post this to the wiki on Github. Perhaps a fork will take off if there are instructions on how to do this.

That would imply I had both the time and the motivation to actually reproduce all the necessary steps, and fix any issues related to it, so not gonna happen - sorry.

6 different routers to support on my own is the limit I can deal with. I'm even considering dropping one of these if I add the RT-AC3200 to the list.

Also note that there are some TM-AC1900 specific prebuilt binary blobs missing, such as the hspotap and radpd files, used for its Passpoint support.

Last edited:
Just as another report:

Received the RT-AC68 today from T-mobile. Before letting it connect to the internet, I (via the webpage) flashed to 374.43_2-03j9527 Merlin-Fork.

I'm running it now and everything seems fine.

Is the hardware on the TM-AC1900 the same as on the RT-AC68U ? If so, is it safe to flash the standard Asus or Merlin firmware ? Perhaps from recovery mode ?

Is the hardware on the TM-AC1900 the same as on the RT-AC68U ? If so, is it safe to flash the standard Asus or Merlin firmware ? Perhaps from recovery mode ?

From all indications (and hundreds of people on SlickDeals who have already flashed including myself), I would say yet. In some cases, you'll have to use the recovery method as the standard GUI method will not allow other firmwares to be written (or so it has been posted by many).

I just got the TM-AC1900

able to flash merlin (RT-AC68U_3.0.0.4_376.47_0.zip) directly via the web GUI without problems.

now, trying to get Airprint (and Cloud print) to work properly, but from here, looks like I need to compile my own packages (py26-cups, poppler) for ARM/mbwe-bluering :(

it's an upgrade from my RT-N16 (no 5ghz for that router)... happy camper

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!