What's new

enable internal microSD slot

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

darksamus

Merlin,

I have a 2gb microsd card inside the router. Where do I enable it so that it'll show up as /mnt/sda1/

Is enabled automatically but you can't see it in router ui, open a terminal and type:
Code:
mount

I have a 2gb microsd card inside the router. Where do I enable it so that it'll show up as /mnt/sda1/
Hi,

You need to
- Partition it with fdisk and
- Format it with mkfs.ext2 or mkfs.ext3 and
It will work! :)

As your Asus router as (a kind of) Linux, you can find plenty of how to's make this work!

With kind regards
Joe :cool:

Hi,

You need to
- Partition it with fdisk and
- Format it with mkfs.ext2 or mkfs.ext3 and
It will work! :)

As your Asus router as (a kind of) Linux, you can find plenty of how to's make this work!

With kind regards
Joe :cool:

The microSD is already format into ext2 since it is being use by the router with TomatoUSB. I just wanted to try out Merlin's firmware with the microUSB on it but wanted to "do my homework" before I load Merlin's firmware.

With Merlin's firmware, can I point my OpenVPN certs, keys, etc to the microSD? instead of pasting the keys into the router? Reason is I want to save the NVRAM space as much as possible.