What's new

[Fork] Asuswrt-Merlin 374.43 LTS releases (Archive)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

No, i only use the default settings with 11 Manually Assigned IP adresses.
The only thing I had recently adapted was the AC68U All Region & Channels + Max TX Power.
The log contains the following.

NVRAM usage
42134 / 65536 bytes

After a reboot, the message "nvram: consolidating space!" remains regularly come back.

Nothing abnormal there. The nvram partition will get fragmented over time. When the kernel fails to set a new nvram setting due to fragmentation, it will generate that notice message, and defragment the nvram. This is not an error condition, this is normal behaviour.

Nothing abnormal there. The nvram partition will get fragmented over time. When the kernel fails to set a new nvram setting due to fragmentation, it will generate that notice message, and defragment the nvram. This is not an error condition, this is normal behaviour.
Ok, Thanks for the reply RMerlin. :)

Hi John,

Not sure if there is anything wrong. anyway here it goes. All pics are taken from the web so not necessary reflects exactly and thanks to original authors of the pics.

I'm using N66U with .10E currently using only https for webui.
Tested browser is FF, but upon reboot, it will go to redirect page like the one below.

whaa_zpscd1bd4a2.jpg

Only way to proceed is to clear browser cache.
Then will the pic below appear to proceed.
ff-ssl-popup1.PNG

If using IE11, it looks something like the one below without the 'Continue to this website' (Not recommended) to proceed
Clearing cache wont help either.

11_InternetExplorer9SecurityPart3BrowseMoreSecurelywithPinnedSites_1.png

Needing your insights.
Thanks

Hi John,

Not sure if there is anything wrong. anyway here it goes. All pics are taken from the web so not necessary reflects exactly and thanks to original authors of the pics.

I'm using N66U with .10E currently using only https for webui.
Tested browser is FF, but upon reboot, it will go to redirect page like the one below.

Only way to proceed is to clear browser cache.

If using IE11, it looks something like the one below without the 'Continue to this website' (Not recommended) to proceed

Needing your insights.
Thanks

The first page is normal, try control+f5 to refresh without cache

The second / third page, look at the technical details of the error, my guess is your router or system time is off which will trigger the certificate to fail since it's valid between a range of time.

(Firefox pic removed)

When you are connecting via https, the certificate generated by the router is self-signed, and those popups are expected. You need to install the security certificate to prevent them from re-appearing. (The only problem with this is by default, the router generates a new certificate on every reboot, so it would need to be re-installed after rebooting. For V11 I had already added an option to save the certificate across reboots).

With respect to IE not showing the continue message, this is an IE 'quirk'. Try opening the page in a different way....create a new shortcut, try putting the https address into the start-menu Run dialogue, or use the router name of router.asus.com as the address.

Hello!
I have now installed the firmware 374.43_2-10j9527, but I see that there is a firmware difference, 374.43_2-10E1j9527 and where can I download it?

When you are connecting via https, the certificate generated by the router is self-signed, and those popups are expected. You need to install the security certificate to prevent them from re-appearing. (The only problem with this is by default, the router generates a new certificate on every reboot, so it would need to be re-installed after rebooting. For V11 I had already added an option to save the certificate across reboots).

With respect to IE not showing the continue message, this is an IE 'quirk'. Try opening the page in a different way....create a new shortcut, try putting the https address into the start-menu Run dialogue, or use the router name of router.asus.com as the address.

Thanks alot.

Hi John I see Merlin released a new firmware 378.52 (3-Apr-2015) which contains many changes and fixes. Will you try to implement some of these changes and fixes on your next fork version?
Keep up the great work buddy, your fork version is rockin !!

Hi John I see Merlin released a new firmware 378.52 (3-Apr-2015) which contains many changes and fixes. Will you try to implement some of these changes and fixes on your next fork version?
Keep up the great work buddy, your fork version is rockin !!

You have to remember this is a fork build from 374.43_2 it's not or was never intended to be like the new builds that's what makes it so good. I can't answer for John but i would have to say i doubt it.

hi guys

Someone noticed this or is it just me ? When closing Utorrent , UDP and TCP ports remains open when they normaly closed instantly by themselves.No ports forwarding here, but to closed these ports i must click apply under "Virtual Server / Port Forwarding"
I never seen this with v7-8-9 fork....I can reproduce easily with v10j and v10e , with windows 7,8.1 and 10.
Yes Yes! :D Reflashing, Factory defaults and Clearing Nvram dont solved this o_O
Can't recreate it here....I use qBittorrent and the ports close immediately.

And finally last night a got a fabulous "http 591:notify Rc reboot" for the fisrt time in 6 month" and its was not a Power failure, or router temp( 2.4ghz=46c , CPU=70C idle,no fans)

I think my uptime time was near 12 days

Best regards
Don't know about the reboot....did you check your modem log to see if anything strange was going on at that time?

I was reading another post which reminded me....there have been problems in the past when both ipv6 and NAT acceleration are active on some ISPs (and the way the ISPs are still tweaking ipv6 that can change over time). Have you tried to disable either one and see if that helps?
Thanks for that. Disabling NAT acceleration seems to have done the trick. I haven't had a reboot in 3 days.

But it's strange. I've had NAT acceleration enabled since I installed the N66U and the problem only started recently. Maybe my hardware is starting to rot.

Any way to fix this? Been on v10 for about 4 days with perfect performance until this:
Received this accompanied with a slowdown:
Code:
Apr  4 16:38:32 kernel: wlc_dump_aggfifo:
Apr  4 16:38:32 kernel: framerdy 0x2 bmccmd 1 framecnt 46
Apr  4 16:38:32 kernel: AQM agg params 0xfff maxlen hi/lo 0x7 0x3db8 minlen 0x160 adjlen 0x8
Apr  4 16:38:32 kernel: AQM agg results 0x75ac len hi/lo: 0x0 0xcf46 BAbitmap(0-3) 0 0 0 0
Apr  4 16:47:09 kernel: wlc_dump_aggfifo:
Apr  4 16:47:09 kernel: framerdy 0x3 bmccmd 1 framecnt 68
Apr  4 16:47:09 kernel: AQM agg params 0xfff maxlen hi/lo 0x3 0x9edc minlen 0xb0 adjlen 0x8
Apr  4 16:47:09 kernel: AQM agg results 0x5fc0 len hi/lo: 0x1 0x3aca BAbitmap(0-3) 0 0 0 0
Apr  4 16:47:11 kernel: wlc_dump_aggfifo:
Apr  4 16:47:11 kernel: framerdy 0x3 bmccmd 1 framecnt 49
Apr  4 16:47:11 kernel: AQM agg params 0xfff maxlen hi/lo 0x3 0x9edc minlen 0xb0 adjlen 0x8
Apr  4 16:47:11 kernel: AQM agg results 0x9831 len hi/lo: 0x0 0xf01e BAbitmap(0-3) 0 0 0 0
Apr  4 16:47:16 kernel: wlc_dump_aggfifo:
Apr  4 16:47:16 kernel: framerdy 0x3 bmccmd 1 framecnt 45
Apr  4 16:47:16 kernel: AQM agg params 0xfff maxlen hi/lo 0x3 0x9edc minlen 0xb0 adjlen 0x8
Apr  4 16:47:16 kernel: AQM agg results 0x962d len hi/lo: 0x0 0xdbfe BAbitmap(0-3) 0 0 0 0
Apr  4 17:00:35 kernel: wlc_dump_aggfifo:
Apr  4 17:00:35 kernel: framerdy 0x2 bmccmd 1 framecnt 60
Apr  4 17:00:35 kernel: AQM agg params 0xfff maxlen hi/lo 0x3 0x9edc minlen 0xb0 adjlen 0x8
Apr  4 17:00:35 kernel: AQM agg results 0x9dbc len hi/lo: 0x1 0x40a6 BAbitmap(0-3) 0 0 0 0
Apr  4 17:00:49 kernel: wlc_dump_aggfifo:
Apr  4 17:00:49 kernel: framerdy 0x3 bmccmd 1 framecnt 52
Apr  4 17:00:49 kernel: AQM agg params 0xfff maxlen hi/lo 0x4 0xd3d0 minlen 0xec adjlen 0x8
Apr  4 17:00:49 kernel: AQM agg results 0x99b4 len hi/lo: 0x0 0xff1e BAbitmap(0-3) 0 0 0 0
Apr  4 17:00:50 kernel: wlc_dump_aggfifo:
Apr  4 17:00:50 kernel: framerdy 0x3 bmccmd 1 framecnt 43
Apr  4 17:00:50 kernel: AQM agg params 0xfff maxlen hi/lo 0x3 0x9edc minlen 0xb0 adjlen 0x8
Apr  4 17:00:50 kernel: AQM agg results 0x952b len hi/lo: 0x0 0xcee6 BAbitmap(0-3) 0 0 0 0
Apr  4 17:02:00 kernel: wlc_dump_aggfifo:
Apr  4 17:02:00 kernel: framerdy 0x3 bmccmd 1 framecnt 51
Apr  4 17:02:00 kernel: AQM agg params 0xfff maxlen hi/lo 0x3 0x9edc minlen 0xb0 adjlen 0x8
Apr  4 17:02:00 kernel: AQM agg results 0x9933 len hi/lo: 0x1 0x1d86 BAbitmap(0-3) 0 0 0 0
Apr  4 17:02:29 kernel: wlc_dump_aggfifo:
Apr  4 17:02:29 kernel: framerdy 0x3 bmccmd 1 framecnt 45
Apr  4 17:02:29 kernel: AQM agg params 0xfff maxlen hi/lo 0x3 0x9edc minlen 0xb0 adjlen 0x8
Apr  4 17:02:29 kernel: AQM agg results 0x962d len hi/lo: 0x0 0xdbfe BAbitmap(0-3) 0 0 0 0

Any way to fix this? Been on v10 for about 4 days with perfect performance until this:
Received this accompanied with a slowdown:
Code:
Apr  4 16:38:32 kernel: wlc_dump_aggfifo:
Apr  4 16:38:32 kernel: framerdy 0x2 bmccmd 1 framecnt 46
Apr  4 16:38:32 kernel: AQM agg params 0xfff maxlen hi/lo 0x7 0x3db8 minlen 0x160 adjlen 0x8
Apr  4 16:38:32 kernel: AQM agg results 0x75ac len hi/lo: 0x0 0xcf46 BAbitmap(0-3) 0 0 0 0
This has been sporadically reported on multiple code levels going back to 270 up through Merlin's 378.51 without any clear answer. In at least one case, it could be caused by max'ing out the wireless connection with multiple video streams (that person upgraded from an AC66 to and AC68 and the problem went away). There may be some relief by enabling
Optimize AMPDU aggregation on the Wireless/Professional tab.
Best guess is it's a limitation in the Broadcom drivers when reaching the limits of the hardware. Sorry.

This has been sporadically reported on multiple code levels going back to 270 up through Merlin's 378.51 without any clear answer. In at least one case, it could be caused by max'ing out the wireless connection with multiple video streams (that person upgraded from an AC66 to and AC68 and the problem went away). There may be some relief by enabling
Optimize AMPDU aggregation on the Wireless/Professional tab.
Best guess is it's a limitation in the Broadcom drivers when reaching the limits of the hardware. Sorry.
Thanks...I'll empty that. If you're right, moving clients off my 5GHz down to the 2GHz should help as well. My streaming is on the 5GHz. I'd upgrade the hardware, but I'm currently $$$ limited.

Another question/another topic: would it be possible to support the RT-AC3200 or RT-AC87U in the future? If I do end up upgrading, I'd probably wait until I see a higher speed tri-band...one band to dedicate to the repeater function, one band for devices that link to my attached USB drive (movie server), and one band for everything else. I can't upgrade until the USB not connecting with newer drivers issue is resolved.

Another question/another topic: would it be possible to support the RT-AC3200 or RT-AC87U in the future? If I do end up upgrading, I'd probably wait until I see a higher speed tri-band...one band to dedicate to the repeater function, one band for devices that link to my attached USB drive (movie server), and one band for everything else. I can't upgrade until the USB not connecting with newer drivers issue is resolved.

Neither models are supported by the 374 codebase used by this fork. We're talking several hundreds of line of code spread throughout the firmware, it's not something that can simply be backported.

Neither models are supported by the 374 codebase used by this fork. We're talking several hundreds of line of code spread throughout the firmware, it's not something that can simply be backported.

Only 'several hundreds lines of code'....I'd estimate it's definitely on the high side of that :)

Plus, a lot of the underlying code has also undergone a lot of revisions. Even porting 'simple' things has become a challenge...for example the ported code makes calls to re-written/added functions that don't exist or function slightly differently in the fork.

Thanks for the reply...I was guessing that would be the case...but I was hoping anyhow. This just means I'll have to troubleshoot my usb issue and solve it before an upgrade. You may hear from me again when I start to do that.

In regards to the other situation, nothing I did to the ASUS solved the problem. I suspect my main router may have the issue and it's impacting the ASUS running in repeater. The only different thing I did was engage a guest network to isolate some clients I feel could present an issue. I've disabled that feature now and will monitor. I should see a result by the end of the day if it solved my problem.

Update: still not the problem...switching routing signal from 5GHz to 2GHz...that was another change.

Last edited:

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!