What's new

[Fork] Asuswrt-Merlin 374.43 LTS releases (Archive)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Two days ago I also had a sudden reboot of my AC56U with John's latest release after days/weeks (?) of troublefree uptime. The beeping of my NAS (Shuttle KD22) allarmed me to the issue while I was surfing along. I can't provide a log because JFFS is not enabled.
It is attached to a Cisco EPC3208 cable modem and three Android devices are connected to 5 GHz ac, while the LAN hosts a PC, a Philips AW9000 and the NAS. Reg mode is set to a#/0 via telnet and the full list of necessary comands. No QoS, VLAN or VPN are in use.

Last edited:
Thanks for all your hard work, John. Version 10 is installed with no issues.

Thanks for all your hard work, John. Version 10 is installed with no issues.
Even more, I use very often the Guest Network feature, and i am very happy with your version as it's the only one that does not drop my wifi when I enable other networks, so very happy. I dont agree with the interface in the Guest Network page, you should set all the options you want and then press an "apply button", instead you have a button for ever connection, If I want to enable 3 of them I must press 3 times a button and wait 3 times a few seconds.
Thank you again.

Actually, that's a little bit different than I thought. It sounds a bit like a problem some ISPs have with a high DHCP query rate. First thing to try is to make sure that on the WAN page near the bottom, 'DHCP query frequency' is set to Normal.

If that's not it, go to the Syslog page and select all the text in the text box with the syslog output and copy it the clipboard and then into a file. If you have a file sharing site account, upload the file and send me a PM with the link.

Hi John,

I change the 'DHCP query frequency' to Normal and everything is working fine now. I haven't experienced the issue since then. Thanks a lot for the hint.

...shortly after moving to version 10 I see the 5GHz band dropping...meaning clients drop out and then don't see the SSID anymore.

2.4GHz band stays stable...there is nothing in the logs at all..the AC68U still reports all wifi radios operational.

...going back to v7 now...

...shortly after moving to version 10 I see the 5GHz band dropping...meaning clients drop out and then don't see the SSID anymore.

2.4GHz band stays stable...there is nothing in the logs at all..the AC68U still reports all wifi radios operational.

No change in anything that would affect the wireless......are these by chance Apple clients? Seems to be hit or miss with them lately.....

I was regularly stream live tv for hours from an HDHomeRun prime to a Windows Media Center over a 5GHz AC connection without any problems.

What clients are dropping ? I am using John's latest V-10 with 5GHZ only I have 2.4GHZ disabled and I have not had one device drop the connection including Iphone 5 and Ipad devices.

No change in anything that would affect the wireless......are these by chance Apple clients? Seems to be hit or miss with them lately.....

I was regularly stream live tv for hours from an HDHomeRun prime to a Windows Media Center over a 5GHz AC connection without any problems.

I'm still investigating my issue...seems similar, but probably not. I got the 5GHz to work without anything showing up on the logs...but the signal between my asus and main router seems to be dropping every now and then with no indication. I'm using the same SSID for the main router and the repeater on the 5GHz only...might be the problem.

I'm back on the 2GHz side but that presents a lot of errors. I reset my log so I can't post anything yet. I'll check again tomorrow when its been running for a bit.

Also, I only seem to notice the 5GHz drops when my daughters kindle fire and an iPhone are in use...like the device is causing the problem.

If you want to be leading edge....Update-11B2 Beta for N66U and AC68U. Please give it a work-out!

BETA RELEASE: Update-11B2
9-April-2015
Merlin fork 374.43_2-11B2j9527
Download http://1drv.ms/1sDtB1V
============================

Update-11B2 HighLights:
  • Merlin Backports
    • Dual DNS servers, and ability to disable the router as a DNS server
    • Periodic verify for DDNS WAN IP and hostname
    • Updated ciphers: remove RC4, include ECDHE
    • Avoid truncated printouts on USB printers
    • Removed obsolete 'Turbo' button dialogue for AC68
    • Optimizations for supporting components such as the webui server, dropbear and SQLite
    • MIPS CTF patch
    • mtd-erase fixes
  • New Fork Updates
    • New options (Note: Fork unique options are designated by '**' in the gui)
      • Added gui option to save https generated certification (persistent across reboots)
      • Added existing JFFS2 syslog copy option to gui
      • Added gui option to disable Comcast IPv6 Neighbor Solicitation fix
      • Added gui option to allow local subnet forwarding (special case)
      • Ability to specify cron logging level ( nvram set cron_loglevel=<number> )
    • Improved stability during boot when processing NAT rules
    • Updated timezone info for Chile and Moscow
    • Numerous gui formatting fixes...improved appearance, bad word wraps, ... (Little things that bugged me:))

SHA256 hashes:

Code:
9137ffd9ec502fd03d6cca73a56a5cf840f238950a10b22ac404ea40130c7e3f *RT-AC68U_3.0.0.4_374.43_2-11B2j9527.trx
b26690c05fc1a95752a521bcd8d606c1fcb1245834c54e33e5ab9636e53380e8 *RT-N66U_3.0.0.4_374.43_2-11B2j9527.trx

If you want to be leading edge....Update-11B2 Beta for N66U and AC68U. Please give it a work-out!

BETA RELEASE: Update-11B2
      • Added gui option to disable Comcast IPv6 Neighbor Solicitation fix

I'm in, one question since I have Comcast.
What is this option? When would I consider disabling it?
Filter IPv6 Neighbor Solicitation- is this it?

I'm in, one question since I have Comcast.
What is this option? When would I consider disabling it?
Filter IPv6 Neighbor Solicitation- is this it?
This was originally put in since Comcast was flooding the router with neighbor solicitation requests. Lately, however, there have been a couple of threads where people have indicated that it was causing problems maintaining/obtaining an IPv6 connection. Therefore made it easier to test by adding to the gui (yes, that's the right option). If you disable it, and see something similar to this in the syslog, you should re-enable it.

Mar 6 20:58:01 kernel: printk: 161 messages suppressed.
Mar 6 20:58:01 kernel: Neighbour table overflow.
Mar 6 20:58:06 kernel: printk: 389 messages suppressed.
Mar 6 20:58:06 kernel: Neighbour table overflow.
Mar 6 20:58:13 kernel: printk: 546 messages suppressed.
Mar 6 20:58:13 kernel: Neighbour table overflow.

Thanks, I don't believe I'm getting those requests, but good to know I can give the filter a try if needed.

After applying 11B2 and rebooting the N56U, I see only these two entries in the system log that concern me. I did get an address though.

Dec 31 19:00:11 WAN Connection: ISP's DHCP did not function properly.
Apr 9 12:51:50 rdnssd[395]: Child process hung up unexpectedly, aborting

Dec 31 19:00:11 WAN Connection: ISP's DHCP did not function properly.
Apr 9 12:51:50 rdnssd[395]: Child process hung up unexpectedly, aborting

The first message is normal and always shows up during the boot process.
I'm not familiar with the second....when you get a chance, could you downlevel and double check if it's a new message (or something you just hadn't noticed before).

EDIT: Just noticed your signature is for N56U......this fork doesn't support the N56....only the N16 and N66. I'm actually surprised it loaded.

Ok, errors happened multiple times over the night when unused:
/////
Apr 9 00:40:02 rc_service: wlcconnect 339:notify_rc restart_wlcmode 0
/////
Apr 9 04:25:38 rc_service: wlcconnect 339:notify_rc restart_wlcmode 0
Apr 9 04:25:38 FTP Server: daemon is stopped
Apr 9 04:25:38 Samba Server: smb daemon is stopped
Apr 9 04:25:40 dnsmasq[20379]: exiting on receipt of SIGTERM
Apr 9 04:25:40 kernel: br0: port 4(wl0.1) entering disabled state
Apr 9 04:25:40 kernel: br0: port 3(eth2) entering disabled state
Apr 9 04:25:40 kernel: br0: port 2(eth1) entering disabled state
Apr 9 04:25:40 kernel: br0: port 1(vlan1) entering disabled state
Apr 9 04:25:48 dnsmasq[23553]: started, version 2.72test3 cachesize 1500
Apr 9 04:25:48 dnsmasq[23553]: asynchronous logging enabled, queue limit is 5 messages
Apr 9 04:25:48 dnsmasq-dhcp[23553]: DHCP, IP range 192.168.1.2 -- 192.168.1.254, lease time 1d
Apr 9 04:25:48 dnsmasq-dhcp[23553]: DHCP, sockets bound exclusively to interface br0
Apr 9 04:25:48 dnsmasq[23553]: read /etc/hosts - 5 addresses
Apr 9 04:25:48 dnsmasq[23553]: using nameserver 192.168.3.1#53
Apr 9 04:25:48 RT-AC66R: start httpd

After that, it restarts. This only happens when the 2GHz band is used as the repeater. Any clue what's going on here?

Applied 10E1, reboot. Don't find that message. Searched for 'abort' and don't find it either.

Back to 11B2 and I get the error again.
Adding one extra line from the log, may help.

Apr 9 13:22:50 rc_service: ntp 472:notify_rc restart_rdnssd
Apr 9 13:22:50 rdnssd[392]: Child process hung up unexpectedly, aborting

Back to 11B2 and I get the error again.
Adding one extra line from the log, may help.

Apr 9 13:22:50 rc_service: ntp 472:notify_rc restart_rdnssd
Apr 9 13:22:50 rdnssd[392]: Child process hung up unexpectedly, aborting

Did you see my edit on the router model? Are you really running an N56U? N56 isn't supported.

Did you see my edit on the router model? Are you really running an N56U? N56 isn't supported.

Well! That'll teach me to read RT-N66U

Here's speed.of.me test:
Download Speed: 95.89 Mbps
Upload Speed: 12.59 Mbps

All seems fine, with the one exception of the log entry.

All seems fine, with the one exception of the log entry.
Interesting.....as I said, I'm surprised it loaded. But just for grins.....here's a description of rdnssd.....

rdnssd auto configures recursive DNS servers on IPv6 networks using ICMPv6 Neighbor Discovery (RFC 5006), and can update the DNS resolvers configuration....

Did your get this error with the filter option enabled or disabled?

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!