What's new

Having trouble updating my AC-1900 to the newest Merlin

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Sean G.

New Around Here
I'm currently on Merlin 380.58 on my converted TM-AC1900. For some reason I can't get it to flash any firmware newer than the one that I have one there. The recovery tool says "failed to recover" after uploading the file 100% each time. I've tried this so far:

1. Using the recovery tool
2. Clearing the NVRAM and using the recovery tool
3. Using the GUI and updating as normal (just returns to the screen after completion)
4 . Reverting to the older 1703 tmobile firmware and flashing each one again. Only 380.58 took.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

I'm currently on Merlin 380.58 on my converted TM-AC1900. For some reason I can't get it to flash any firmware newer than the one that I have one there. The recovery tool says "failed to recover" after uploading the file 100% each time. I've tried this so far:

1. Using the recovery tool
2. Clearing the NVRAM and using the recovery tool
3. Using the GUI and updating as normal (just returns to the screen after completion)
4 . Reverting to the older 1703 tmobile firmware and flashing each one again. Only 380.58 took.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Have you tried flashing from the CFE, instead of recovery util?

Is that just giong to the gateway address after putting the router into recovery mode. i.e. the web interface? I think I may have seen that before. I'll give it a try. Should I even update the firmware? I've heard that the 59 and 60 versions are not that stable or have some bugs in them. Also, what is the deal with that fork firware? Should I just use that. I'm just looking for a stable firmware without any of the bells and whistles that just works. Thanks internet people!

Is that just giong to the gateway address after putting the router into recovery mode. i.e. the web interface? I think I may have seen that before. I'll give it a try. Should I even update the firmware? I've heard that the 59 and 60 versions are not that stable or have some bugs in them. Also, what is the deal with that fork firware? Should I just use that. I'm just looking for a stable firmware without any of the bells and whistles that just works. Thanks internet people!

Correct, the CFE is the web page that you see when you put the router in recovery mode. The only thing you have to know is that on some routers you have about 5 seconds to hit the upload button. I know that's weird, but it's true on my N66s and not on me AC68

I'm not sure about the AC1900. I have several N66s running 380.57 very successfully. I also have an AC68, which is less stable. I had problems with all of the AC68 versions from .57 through .60. I'm currently on 380.61_a1 on the AC68, but the jury is still out.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!