What's new

iOS 9.3 problem - Intermittant not connecting to router

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

This brings up my WiFi issue with my iPhone 6 plus......
On my EA8500 linksys that was replaced by my new RT-AC5300
My 8500 with my iPhone was not switching from 5 to 2.4 and I had to choose my WiFi once I got out of 5GHz range . I think that was a EA8500 issue still BUT now.....

On my Asus 5300 my iPhone all ways switches properly , BUT I noticed that now my iPhone especially when I am on my Bluetooth headset that is a Jabra motion (this has to be the best Bluetooth headset I have ever used to date) my iPhone will not switch to WiFi when I am on the phone after entering my WiFi area .
I have to select my WiFi .
I have tried many things to my iPhone and nothing fixes it, sometimes I get it to work by doing one of those fixes, but next day it don't work again, I tried the same fix on the iPhone as the day before that fixed it and now it just won't work

The best part of this is if I shut my Jabra Bluetooth off my iPhone will connect every time, while on the phone.

I also have an Apple watch that does not seem to contribute to this problem .
I think this is either an IOS issue or my iPhone needs to be replaced .

I have not noticed this on the EA8500, but the only reason I am looking now is that I changed my phone plan and my data is a lot less, so I need to be on WiFi whenever possible.

EDIT:
I just tested on a EA8500 and same issue, so it's an IOS issue or my iPhone is bad (I don't think this is it, I have to test on my wife's 6 now to make sure)

Last edited: