What's new

Netflix Streaming broken if using HE IPv6 Tunnel Broker service

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

I saw a post about this earlier I don't want to post the link where I found this info.
Seems that if you use a IPv6 tunnel broker you can watch netflix.

I got it to work at least in the Firefox browser. I used this extinction https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/4or6/ and once I cleared my browser cache using CCleaner and flushed the DNS cache I got it working. I can't seem to find a similar extension in Chrome but I don't use Chrome much. Forget about the Windows 10 app that does not work at all no way to turn off IPv6. At least it works in Firefox so I am fine.

I turned off the HE tunnel for good. Back to using IPv4 only again which I have not noticed no speed issues. The solutions online make zero sense to me and whenever I post how to do it on various forums I get no reply's :mad: as I don't have a computer science degree. Also they never actually explain how to configure it in a router just all complicated code that makes no sense. Hello for someone who is very limited in networking actually explain how to do it in the router.

Didn't work for me :( Also changed the router's DNS server to use my IP'S DNS server and not Google.

If you do a IPv6 ping towards Netflix, which IPv6 address is returning? In my case it was 2a01:578:3::364d:a2c1:

D:\Temp\ping -6 netflix.com
Pinging netflix.com [2a01:578:3::364d:a2c1] with 32 bytes of data:
Reply from 2a01:578:3::364d:a2c1: time=24ms

So the blocking of 2a01:578:3::/48 was enough for me to get it working:

ip6tables -I FORWARD -d 2a01:578:3::/48 -j REJECT

D:\Temp\ping -6 netflix.com
Pinging netflix.com [2a01:578:3::34d1:9ecb] with 32 bytes of data:
Destination port unreachable.

Also see that you can get another IPv6 address from this block, so that is why you block the complete block instead of blocking single IPv6 addresses.

So, check which address your DNS is resolving for Netflix and look if it is in the blocklist.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!