What's new

New Official RT-AC5300 Firmware 3.0.0.4.380.1355

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

hi,

got mine ac5300 yesterday, and
out of the box the router worked well.

As we know, first thing to do is to an update to the last version of Firmware.

Updated to 1355 and reset the router, results not coming up with 5G.

So I went out for a short walk with my dog and when I came back 5G-1 was spresent now, but 5G-2 was still missing!

After a second reset still no 5G-2 band.

I repeated the Firmware update, again used 1355 Firmware, 5G-2 came now up after a while,
but 5G-2 worked just with max of 8 MBit/s.

On the end, again I repeated the firmwareupdate, used Merlin's last available Version now, and all works well, no Problem at all.

Someone has an idea, is my router faulty, or is 1355 Firmware Version Buggy?

thanks

manilla
My experience with 1355 is small, but what you're seeing doesn't sound right. Did you do a full factory reset after update plus manual reconfig (not from a file)?

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Yes, I did factory reset. Release notes that say things like "improve wireless speed" or "improve wireless stability" could be driver updates, so best not to chance it.

Puppa thanks

But as I'm already using the fw without the reset, should I flash again the same fw and make the factory reset or I don't need to reflash and just make the reset?

Tks

hi,

got mine ac5300 yesterday, and
out of the box the router worked well.

As we know, first thing to do is to an update to the last version of Firmware.

Updated to 1355 and reset the router, results not coming up with 5G.

So I went out for a short walk with my dog and when I came back 5G-1 was spresent now, but 5G-2 was still missing!

After a second reset still no 5G-2 band.

I repeated the Firmware update, again used 1355 Firmware, 5G-2 came now up after a while,
but 5G-2 worked just with max of 8 MBit/s.

On the end, again I repeated the firmwareupdate, used Merlin's last available Version now, and all works well, no Problem at all.

Someone has an idea, is my router faulty, or is 1355 Firmware Version Buggy?

thanks

manilla

If you haven't done a factory reset and re-set up the router configuration I'd suggest it. Mine seems to be running just fine and I'm on 1355 as are some others.

Administration -> Restore/Save/Upload Setting -> Factory default

Puppa thanks

But as I'm already using the fw without the reset, should I flash again the same fw and make the factory reset or I don't need to reflash and just make the reset?

Tks
If you are already at 1355 you don't need to re-flash the firmware. Just go to the location in my post above to do a "Factory default" reset.

1355, after nearly 4 days uptime, was acting a bit wonky--all signals were strong, but response time was erratic for certain things, such as running speedtest.net. Reboot of router cleared up the odd behavior. I'm going to keep watching this firmware for now and see if this is a regular thing with it.

1355, after nearly 4 days uptime, was acting a bit wonky--all signals were strong, but response time was erratic for certain things, such as running speedtest.net. Reboot of router cleared up the odd behavior. I'm going to keep watching this firmware for now and see if this is a regular thing with it.

This week I'll make the factory reset at 1355 to see if I'll get some diference

So far 1355 is running well even without the factory reset, but I think I'm still impressed with the difference from RT-AC3200, the 5300 is way more stable and have way better signal ;)

Enviado do meu iPhone usando Tapatalk

2 days since reboot, no problems with 1355 so far. Perhaps I should have rebooted after my reconfigure when I flashed the firmware.

Perhaps I should have rebooted after my reconfigure when I flashed the firmware.

Yes. And two reboots and / or a hard reboot (pull the power plug) doesn't hurt either. ;)

This week I'll make the factory reset at 1355 to see if I'll get some diference

So far 1355 is running well even without the factory reset, but I think I'm still impressed with the difference from RT-AC3200, the 5300 is way more stable and have way better signal ;)

Enviado do meu iPhone usando Tapatalk

>>but I think I'm still impressed with the difference from RT-AC3200, the 5300 is way more
>>stable and have way better signal ;)
=============
I agree with them!!
=============

have repeated the update with version 1355, now it works well.
( ten sec reset --> update firmware --> 10 sec reset --> configure the router);)

Auto-Channel doesn't work,
i.e. in my case, Auto-mode 5G-2 sets fix to channel 116 and do not change, as I see, per default the firmware should prefer starting at the lowest available channels to find a good working one, not staying at the higher ones!!!:(
So you have to use manuel setting.

Furthermore what I can see, 5G-2 Channels 116 and up take long time to be recogniced by my Lenovo's T450s and T420s. Have no idea it depends whether on the ac5300 or my notebooks.

1355 does not have the reboot scheduler am i right?

just got few hours ago and realised the reboot scheduler isn't present like the ac3200.. :(

Question...yesterday I installed the 1355 firmware to try it out. When I was using the firmware that came with the ac5300 (I think .753) and the Merlin firmware I was able to log into my hard drive connected to the router by clicking on File Explorer in Windows 10, then on Network and it would list there. I would click on Network, then click on RT-Ac5300, enter my user name and password and be able to access all of the folders on the hard drive. Now with the 1355 firmware the router does not list under network, I have to map the drive and choose a specific folder to enter.

How do I get it to list under Network in File Explorer? BTW, there is no problem in OS X, just in Windows 10. Thanks.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!