What's new

Padavan's Custom Firmware

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

@Guz
I managed to make my TV see the media server but for some reason there are no movies in the folders and the web status says I have 0 video on the drive even though there are about 700 GB of movies. Any sugestion?
I to tried out the new version of MercuryV and I couldn't get it to scan the files for some reason....
When I would check it via web at 192.168.0.1:8200 it would show up a grid with photos, video, and music....but said 0 files in all of them....even though stock shows like 633 files....
Had the directories setup correct (his version has a drop down to select directory).
so went back to stock for now.

I managed to make the files load, not exactly sure how but I have a hunch.
My HDD is a seagate backup 1 TB drive NTFS formatted. For me the stock version is a no go because it limits my download speed to 16 MB whereas the Padavan fw allows me to download according to my ISP contract which is 62.5 MB (usually I reach about 58 MB).

So back to the main issue. After I was able to map the correct path my TV saw the media server which rt65u emulates but like I previously said I had no media files + that web status showed 0 files in all 3 categories. I than unmounted the HDD from padavan's fw unplugged it from the rooter and plugged back in. At this point when I checked the web status I saw some video files showing up. It took a while to load all my 339 video files but at the end it worked like a charm and I was able to watch some movies without any issues.
1 other think to keep in mid is that my TV is on the 2.4 Ghz connection as it doesn't support 5 Ghz and I didn't have any lag or issue watching movies so this is another +
Try what I mentioned above and see if it works (also keep in mind that it may take a while for the database to be build).

Last edited:
399 files? That's all? Try 4,500 files in my library ;) Re-indexing that takes a bit of time.

OK, I think I now know what the issue was. The miniDLNA database folder was the issue. If you view for hidden files you will find a hidden folder named '.dms'. Sometimes it get's messed up and the miniDLNA service can't clean it up. So you need to delete it manually. Stop the miniDLNA service, and delete the folder (sometimes it doesn't and you have to dive down the tree and rename long names to short names). Start the miniDLNA service, and set it to "force rebuild database" and wait.

Just remember to change it back to "Append new media files" when it's done.

New MercuryV version posted this morning : 079-140319-601bc8

New MercuryV version posted this morning : 079-140319-601bc8

Tried searching for these MercuryV versions but the only hit is this same page.

Any links?

Has anyone figured out the difference between the MercuryV and standard Padavan firmware? Are they just the builds that Padavan is working on between his official versions?

I was able to reflash it and get it to recognize my library....
unfortunately it's like padavans and doesn't work with the ps3 (dlna2104 errors).
So went back to stock....wish they would get that figured out.....has to be something stupid cause stock works with ps3 and padavans works with everything i have But ps3....ie 2 cpus and 360...

Just tried the 078-140126-714e45, as mentioned by Sky1111 before.
It seems this is the most stable build now, 079 still buggy even with the latest update.

New User

I am a new Asus user and currently I have the N56U with the stock f/w .4651 installed. I am not using any special features at this time , just using it for pc and tablet internet connections as well as some streaming from Amazon.

I was looking at the Padavan firmware in this thread and was thinking about installing it to see if it provided better wireless range or what else it may offer. I saw that has 4 versions Base, aria etc. but I was unsure which one would be the best one to start with since I am a newbie at this.. I did go thru most of the thread but did not see anything regarding where I should start . Thank you in advance as I have no expierence installing customize firmware

I am a new Asus user and currently I have the N56U with the stock f/w .4651 installed. I am not using any special features at this time , just using it for pc and tablet internet connections as well as some streaming from Amazon.

I was looking at the Padavan firmware in this thread and was thinking about installing it to see if it provided better wireless range or what else it may offer. I saw that has 4 versions Base, aria etc. but I was unsure which one would be the best one to start with since I am a newbie at this.. I did go thru most of the thread but did not see anything regarding where I should start . Thank you in advance as I have no expierence installing customize firmware

Try the base version. If you see any issues with .79, try .75 - seems to be very stable

Padavan version.75

Sky1111.. Thanks.. One last question I went to Padavans page and see .79 but for the life of me I cannot find .75

what is verbose mode? under LAN > DHCP Server > Advanced Settings :confused:

It's just a toggle to show devices DHCP requests in the syslog which can become a-little spammy if you have lots of devices connected to your router. Should only really need to be enabled if your debugging an issue with a device and the DHCP server and want to see when its connecting etc.

It's just a toggle to show devices DHCP requests in the syslog which can become a-little spammy if you have lots of devices connected to your router. Should only really need to be enabled if your debugging an issue with a device and the DHCP server and want to see when its connecting etc.

thanks for the explanation.