What's new

[Release] Asuswrt-Merlin 380.62_1 is now available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Thank you!

At last I do hope my Asus Rt-AC87U router still is in good order?
380.62_1

Can NVRAM usage be my main problem?
Sysinfo
Internal storage:
NVRAM usage : 46442/65536 bytes
JFFS : 2.07/62.75 MB

If I have to do a factory default reset to "clean" the router, I am a bit confused regards cleaning nvram.

I'm reconfiguring my openvpn client and I can't remember if the recommended client is client1 or client2?

Thanks ahead of time.

Updated to this version on my RT-AC68U. Noticed 2 minor issues (not sure if this is an regression or not from the previous version I had...)

1) In the real time bandwidth monitor page, it seems like every update will go back to WAN mode. ie, I click on some other tab, the graph updates, then immediately on the next update, it switches back to WAN. Is this how it's suppose to work? It feels wrong because it seems like it should stay on whatever I clicked so I can monitor it.

2) When I view clients by interfaces, sometimes some 5G clients are missing. ie, I am using a laptop connected via 5G, but nothing is listed under 5G. I did see it briefly initially before I switched to list by interface mode. When I go to my other computer that's connected via LAN (on a different browser), I see the laptop under 5G.

3) The default DST ending time is wrong (for the US). it should be 1st week of Nov, not 3rd of Oct.

Above 1, 2, 3 are observed after firmware update and then factory reset.

Thanks!

To 3) Its a known Asus bug and at the moment you need to set the correct values manually.

I'm reconfiguring my openvpn client and I can't remember if the recommended client is client1 or client2?

Thanks ahead of time.

1. Clients should be added in order.

The Internet Status show "Connected WAN IP: 192.168.80.----"
DDNS: GO
"Local IP from USA"

As I understand, this is the VPN-provider's IP.
At the moment I can make no connection through OpenVPN clients.

How can I get rid of this connection with the VPN-provider?
Will clearing nvram help?
If so, can I do this with WPS-button a 30-30-30?

Yes, I do need A good advice "howto".

Regars

Will clearing nvram help?
If so, can I do this with WPS-button a 30-30-30?
Hi,

There is NO(!) 30-30-30 reset available on Asus routers! I do not understand why this myth is circling around so long! :rolleyes:

Just do a NVRAM-Reset as described here. :cool:

With kind regards
Joe

Hi,

There is NO(!) 30-30-30 reset available on Asus routers! I do not understand why this myth is circling around so long! :rolleyes:

Just do a NVRAM-Reset as described here. :cool:

With kind regards
Joe

Thank you!

One problem:
"If you are on windows, this will tell you how to install telenet...."(QuickStart-win). Yes, I tried this address, but no connection. My PC has Windows 10 and no "telenet", as I do understand.

Regards

Thank you!

One problem:
"If you are on windows, this will tell you how to install telenet...."(QuickStart-win). Yes, I tried this address, but no connection. My PC has Windows 10 and no "telenet", as I do understand.

Regards

You understand incorrectly ..........telnet is available in Win 10 . As in all versions since XP , Control Panel > Programs and features > Turn Windows features on/off.

You'll then need to enable telnet in the Asus GUI.

As I understand, this is the VPN-provider's IP.

No, the WAN IP is the actual router's WAN interface IP. If you have a private IP, then it usually means your modem isn't bridged and is acting as a router, blocking any inbound connections. You will have to resolve that with your ISP.

No, the WAN IP is the actual router's WAN interface IP. If you have a private IP, then it usually means your modem isn't bridged and is acting as a router, blocking any inbound connections. You will have to resolve that with your ISP.

Thank you!

The WAN IP 192.168.80.---- is "Connected" to internett, but not through VPN-clients.
Is it the ISP(Internet Service Provider) I do have to contact to solve this mess?
The modem is a "Tilgin HG2280 HG2380 series"

Is the IP from the VPN-provider not the problem?

To get connected with "Telenet" is not easy as written: "Windows Server 2012 R2 Telenet server Deprecated".
The advice is to connect with "Remote desktop".
Telenet client is easy to turn on in Windows features, but further on----.

Regards

Thank you!

The WAN IP 192.168.80.---- is "Connected" to internett, but not through VPN-clients.
Is it the ISP(Internet Service Provider) I do have to contact to solve this mess?
The modem is a "Tilgin HG2280 HG2380 series"

Is the IP from the VPN-provider not the problem?

To get connected with "Telenet" is not easy as written: "Windows Server 2012 R2 Telenet server Deprecated".
The advice is to connect with "Remote desktop".
Telenet client is easy to turn on in Windows features, but further on----.

Regards
To connect via telnet: open command prompt, first type "telnet", then type "o YOUR_ROUTER_IP" and type your username/password.

As far as I know probably not. It was a change in one of the last firmwares caused by a code change made by Asus.
But I think it's not a big deal as you can set your prefered settings with the help of the start scripts in the jffs folder.

Just add your settings to the "post-mount" scipt and you will be fine.
These are my settings:
Code:
#!/bin/sh

#CPU Overclocking
nvram set clkfreq=1200,800
nvram commit
Might want to put that code somewhere else than 'post-mount'. If you have nothing to mount (no USB flash) 'post-mount' does not run. The JFFS partition does not count in my experience. Probably want to put it in 'init-start'.

Anyone have any idea why my 2.4ghz network will stop broadcasting seemingly after random intervals? 5ghz still functions fine... I also seem to get a half green wifi signal icon at the top of my admin panel.

Anyone have any idea why my 2.4ghz network will stop broadcasting seemingly after random intervals? 5ghz still functions fine... I also seem to get a half green wifi signal icon at the top of my admin panel.
Which router? 2.4 GHz drops a lot at random times on my RT-AC66U as well (but I don't know why either).

Is the Traffic Monitor Daily count accurate? I feel that the numbers are smaller than Fork during my regular daily usage.
Which is more accurate?
Thanks.

Disable NAT acceleration.

Dear RMerlin, with this version of your (wonderful) firmware I have an issue with NFS.
When the router is restarting the NFS is not working. I have to go inside "NFS esports" and then just hitting APPLY without chengin anything.
After that is working again.

Thank you

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!