What's new

[Release] Asuswrt-Merlin 380.64_2 is now available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I updated one of my AC88U’s and everything is working fine. Using Static IP assignments, OpenVPN client, 1 TB WD external drive on the USB 3.0 port, two USB 2.0 thumb drives and one printer all connected to a USB 2.0 powered hub on the router’s USB 2.0 port.

I did a factory reset after the firmware upgrade from 380.62 and manually entered my configs. My entware did not come back online after the upgrade. I tried to restore from a jffs back up. But that did not work. I think the backup was old? I got it working again by reinstalling. Next time, I will follow the instructions listed in this posting: https://www.snbforums.com/threads/upgrading-merlin-firmware-with-entware-installed.17356/
I will upgrade the other AC88U next week.

Thanks You Merlin Great firmware!!
I have an 87R and I also use a open vpn connection to Torguard for the whole network, when I select check for new firmware I receive can't connect to server error, if I disconnect the vpn it works. Not sure if this is a Torguard problem or not, also my IP with Torguard is a dedicated IP
Paul

I also have Torguard VPN with Private IP. The check for new firmware option worked for me. I was not able to duplicate the issue reported by Paulm.

Thank you RMerlin!

All works fine on AC66U. Thanks

Just found something weird, not sure since when this started. It's not that important, but I just want to let you know. I quickly censored part of information, so it might not look good.
What I did was using Network Tools to ping a website for 99 counts, then I went to Connection page and hit refresh to make it show active connections. The problem is that in Active Connection Page, the ping values(at the bottom part of the log) from Network Tools page were also show as well as Active connection.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2016-12-17 22.12.52.png
    Screenshot 2016-12-17 22.12.52.png
    196.6 KB · Views: 878
I also upgraded to 380.64 this morning and no issues everything is running great. Thanks again Merlin.

I updated directly from 380.62_1 with needing to restore settings, and thus far all seems okay.

I have some issues with my AC68U VERY slow internet, i have a 500/500 mb fiber connection, but if i go to my ICP website and try to run a speedtest i get latency error firewall blocking and such?, strange since my Routers Firewall is turned off, i always have it off, never had issues before, anyone else having issues with this 380.64 now i regret upgrading from 380.63_2 which was running fine, can i downgrade again without problems.
Or will i make my Router F.U.B.A.R

Small update Seems MS changed something AGAIN!!! i Rolled back my Windows 10 4 days using Rollback RX i remember MS 1607 or what ever it was called installed then well i now have no issues, ofc now i get the MS update installed again then we will see thx M$

Ohh yea this is the update making my System F.U.B.A.R
Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1607 for x64-based Systems (KB3206632).

Last edited:
Small issue with the new update detection feature, if you have the beta box ticked it doesn't detect main releases.

Small issue with the new update detection feature, if you have the beta box ticked it doesn't detect main releases.
It is not an error. I found this in Change log : "The Check button on the Firmware Upgrade will immediately check for final releases or beta (if you select that option), but not both at the same time."
However, I would also prefer that if Beta button is checked, final releases should be detected as well as Beta tester would mostly likely test the latest firmware.

Since this release is not based on a new SDK, does it mean that no factory reset is required?

Since this release is not based on a new SDK, does it mean that no factory reset is required?
Reading the README is always enlightening:

NOTE: resetting to factory default after flashing is
strongly recommended for the following cases:

- Updating from a firmware version that is more than 3 releases older
- Switching from a Tomato/DD-WRT/OpenWRT firmware

Reading the README is always enlightening:

NOTE: resetting to factory default after flashing is
strongly recommended for the following cases:

- Updating from a firmware version that is more than 3 releases older
- Switching from a Tomato/DD-WRT/OpenWRT firmware

I'm aware, but I've updated every release available for the 87U, and the last time I did a factory reset was when the Quantenna firmware was updated, because it said that you should do a reset regardless because updated drivers means updated hidden NVRAM-values.... So it was more than 3 releases ago, that's why I'm asking.

I'm aware, but I've updated every release available for the 87U, and the last time I did a factory reset was when the Quantenna firmware was updated, because it said that you should do a reset regardless because updated drivers means updated hidden NVRAM-values.... So it was more than 3 releases ago, that's why I'm asking.
I also have an 87U and upgraded it release to release. But I always had problems with the 5G.
A week ago I did a complete reset as @L&LD suggests here.
This is my main router and it never worked as smooth and fast as it does now.

Hmmm.. question. Just noticed this. Is the last 24-hour Traffic Monitor information stored in the "traffic history location" data file or is that only in RAM? My daily information remains intact after the firmware update but the last 24hour just shows since then. If that's just the way it work, I am fine with that.

That data is taken "live" and not from a stored database if I remember correctly - just like the "live" display shown. The database only stores daily data (which gets aggregated to generate monthly data).

Error opening terminal: putty-256color.

That terminal type is not supported. I only supported a subset of terminal definitions, to avoid wasting hundreds of KBs of valuable flash space. Supported terminal types are: xterm, vt100, vt200, linux, ansi, xterm-256color.

xargs was removed as well.

xargs never was enabled in Busybox. Are you sure you didn't have it installed through Entware?

Just found something weird, not sure since when this started. It's not that important, but I just want to let you know. I quickly censored part of information, so it might not look good.
What I did was using Network Tools to ping a website for 99 counts, then I went to Connection page and hit refresh to make it show active connections. The problem is that in Active Connection Page, the ping values(at the bottom part of the log) from Network Tools page were also show as well as Active connection.

That's a known limitation. These applets all use the same mechanism (and temporary file) to transmit the command output. Moving to a different applet while the command from the previous one hasn't terminated will cause that.

Hi!
Doesn't work displaying graphs in System Status.
2016-12-17_22-49-07.png

WPS was still off after my upgrade!

The "Get Beta Firmware" box can be marked/unmarked only on top 10% of the box. Chrome and Safari
One more bug: Can't restore configuration with a new saved settings file. Invalid file format error.
Old config files are accepted.

Updated RT-AC66U to 380.64 from 380.63_2 last night. So far, no issues. VPN server still seems to be working ok. Many thanks to Merlin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!