What's new

RT-AC68U (fw: 3.0.0.4.378_7369) Adaptive QoS - WAN/LAN Bandwidth Monitor problem

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

I heard good and bad things about the R7000, but from what I can tell from reviews and such, people like it?

I heard good and bad things about the R7000, but from what I can tell from reviews and such, people like it?

What I've heard (just read hearsay from various internet forums) R7000 hardware is pretty solid and almost identical compared with AC68U, but there are some problems with firmware (surprise).

So, it was very hard for me to decide which one to buy.

yeah I think you can put ww-drt fw on it?

Gonna do some research on that.

This thing keeps dropping wifi signals again?

Thanks. Looks like its a risk from what I am reading??

I hear you man, gonna go with no QOS and see hoe it works for a week. Now at least the NAT Acceleration does not disable anymore, maybe a bug, god only knows.

That sucks that your router is having issues too, I just want a router that WORKS, and spending a few hours a day maintaining it, well its like having another job?

I have not had any drops on the wifi bands since I did a hard reset on it, but we will see. But for now no QOS.

Take the router back to best buy man, try maybe another brand, I like ASUS, my whole gaming rig is pretty much ASUS so I would like to stick to the brand. I had 4 ac87r's and I took those back for all the issues they had. Maybe ASUS is just throwing stuff out there that is not ready for the consumer, and just letting us beta test the damm things?

I'm going to give it 2 more days and if it keeps acting up its going back to Best Buy. I will go back to Netgear or maybe try Dlink

I hear you, doing the same, might try that R7000, just hate the GUI of netgear products.

I'm going to give it 2 more days and if it keeps acting up its going back to Best Buy. I will go back to Netgear or maybe try Dlink
Download the latest firmware (see my signature) and upload this one in your AC68: maybe your problem will be solved.

When I watch a movie I clearly see the monitor working.

I'm still running 378.55, I re-flashed to this firmware, than did a hard reset. So far it has been working longer than it ever has. I have not lost the WAN IP in almost two days. I'm going to keep watching this as well.

Looks like it says For Japan Only, if that matters or not I don't know
Don't worry, it works fine in The Netherlands. All language versions are available. No clue why it says "for Japan Only", I always ignore it...

My gauges started working once I turned off the NAT Acceleration...

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!