What's new

RT-AC87u firmware development

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Awesome! Hopefully ASUS will release the 382 branch code so we can have an updated RMerlin version. The router has been a pain for me lately since it crashes when adding/downloading torrents... this happens with RMerlin's 380.69... I upgraded the firmware to this new version and the issue is gone but I lost all RMerlin firmware features...

Awesome! Hopefully ASUS will release the 382 branch code so we can have an updated RMerlin version. The router has been a pain for me lately since it crashes when adding/downloading torrents... this happens with RMerlin's 380.69... I upgraded the firmware to this new version and the issue is gone but I lost all RMerlin firmware features...
That was my concern......... is it worth flashing to this new version vs keeping Merlin's 3.80.69 version? I haven't had your torrent trouble thankfully.

That was my concern......... is it worth flashing to this new version vs keeping Merlin's 3.80.69 version? I haven't had your torrent trouble thankfully.

Well, it was worth for me... for the sake of stability... it's really annoying having the router crash whenever I download a torrent file... It's a known issue, see here: https://github.com/RMerl/asuswrt-merlin/issues/1510

I'm hoping for an updated rmerlin's 380.69-x with the fix for this router or even better, a 382.xx rmerlin FW with the fix...

Cheers,
D.

@Dragster are you using Transmission or DownloadMaster?

If DM it is, since a few days there is a new version available, you may want to give it a try.

I do also had trouble with torrents (not router reboots but DM crashes), you can read them here => https://www.snbforums.com/threads/asus-download-master-update.43169/

Regards!

Thanks...

No, I am using the latest version of utorrent in MacOS... the issue seems to happen with different clients and operating systems... plus there's the fact that once I flashed the regular official firmware, the issue is gone... so the problem is not in the clients nor the machine but in the router/firmware itself...

Cheers,
D.

Try the 380.69_1 test build, maybe the watchdog change I implemented will help with that model's stability.

QOS is not working under this build

QOS is not working under this build

That's not very descriptive... There has been no change in nearly a year to QoS. If you are referring to Traditional QoS, it has been known to not be working for over two years now. Adaptive QoS however hasn't changed at all and should still be working.

Last edited:
Remember, there's no guarantee. RT-AC87U on 382 sticks out like a sore thumb between the legacy 380 and current 384, so even if it is possible to make a Merlin build for 382, it's yet another branch to support!

Remember, there's no guarantee. RT-AC87U on 382 sticks out like a sore thumb between the legacy 380 and current 384, so even if it is possible to make a Merlin build for 382, it's yet another branch to support!

Yes, I'm aware a RMerlin reelease of the 382 branch for the 87u may never see the light of day, he said it might not be possible, etc... but I still have some hope, this could be the last FW ASUS releases for this Router and it would be good to have the RMerlin's release of it as the end of support for this model...

We'll see.

Cheers,
D.

I hoph asus just drops a 384 build for it solving a lot of issues though i doubt this unit will support ai mesh