What's new

RT-AC87u firmware development

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

I’m now running on this build without any noticeable problems! :D

Out of curiosity, can you run this over SSH and report the results?

Code:
qcsapi_sockrpc get_firmware_version wifi0

no AIMesh, no new qtn drivers.... :(

fw from post Bingesoft is from chinese Asus fan forum.
For now, we have two version of official info. yes and no for AIMesh, but maybe Asus release fw on .384 branch witch no AIMesh for 87u, becouse AIMesh need new qtn drivers which for now not exist ?

fw from post Bingesoft is from chinese Asus fan forum.
For now, we have two version of official info. yes and no for AIMesh, but maybe Asus release fw on .384 branch witch no AIMesh for 87u, becouse AIMesh need new qtn drivers which for now not exist ?
Given Merlin is likely to be incompatible with AiMesh I'm not bothered that it's missing, seeing the 87U make it to the 384 branch is promising enough!

Given Merlin is likely to be incompatible with AiMesh I'm not bothered that it's missing, seeing the 87U make it to the 384 branch is promising enough!

I think just like you, I live in a house of 68 square meters and I get the wifi to all corners of the house. I would like to see 384 and more in Merlin firmware.

Hi,
have a litte Problem with my wifi on my AC87U.
I write to Asus and the support say me i shoulf flash 3.0.0.4.382.50010.
how i read here does not come a merlin Build for 382, or?

So my question:
i have Merlin 380.69_2 on my router, can i flash directly to the stock firmware 3.0.0.4.382.50010,
or must i made a hardware reset and configurate all settings new?

restore default is always good idea, especially when you migrate form 380 branch

no, its bad idea.

Can we hope for Bingesoft (ASUS) to fix and include this later on?

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk

This person is not an Asus employee.

I think just like you, I live in a house of 68 square meters and I get the wifi to all corners of the house. I would like to see 384 and more in Merlin firmware.
There are many people that will not use ai-mesh. Normally people have no so big houses and one router is more than enough!!!.

Please ASUS, keep the RT AC87U updated although the aimesh is lost.

Ah, is there, 384.4 beta with AC87U:

384.4 (xx-xxx-2018)
- NEW: Merged with GPL 384_20379 (with some binary components
from 382_50010 and 384_20308 depending on models)
- NEW: Added support for the RT-AC5300.
- NEW: Added support for the RT-AC87U.

Thank you Merlin