What's new

[Test builds] 380.58 alpha builds are now available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

JFFS has been permanently enabled for a while now, as Asus started storing config data in it. There's no option on the webui to disable it anymore.

Sent from my Nexus 9 using Tapatalk

Understood...

One more question.... I have my AC-3200 connected to a Motorola/ARRIS SB6190... Every time the AC-3200 reboots because of updated settings, or a forced reboot, the AC-3200 is never able to re-establish the internet connection. I am forced to reboot the SB6190 every time the AC-3200 is rebooted.

Any idea what may be causing this? This issue was present in the .57, and still in the .58 alphas... I noticed this issue after upgrading from the SB6183 to the SB6190. Comcast is my provider...

it seems the compile of 380-58 alpha3-gcf77301 for RC-AC87U is buggy. Can't be uploaded. Is telling that the image is damaged and will reboot instead.

I, too, updated my RT-AC68U without issue last night from the previous .58 alpha.

Updating my AC68U from version 378.56_2 failed (Firmware upgrade unsuccessful. This may result from incorrect image or error transmission). I've downloaded the file 4x and also tried the 25feb version without luck... HW_ver 170, boardrev 0x1100

Just updated to alpha 3 on my RT-AC68P with no issues. The 2.4 issue is fixed for me also.

Thanks for the fix Merlin.

Last edited:
Updating my AC68U from version 378.56_2 failed (Firmware upgrade unsuccessful. This may result from incorrect image or error transmission). I've downloaded the file 4x and also tried the 25feb version without luck... HW_ver 170, boardrev 0x1100

Try upgrade in a cfe menu, first erase nvram and update the firmware

Sorry I'm a bit of a pussy when it comes to that type of stuff. Removing the memory-stick and the USB-drive worked though! This frees up some memory. Thanks all!

hmm...no reason to go back with 380.58. Not disabling CTF anyway and NAT is not an issue as well.

Understood...

One more question.... I have my AC-3200 connected to a Motorola/ARRIS SB6190... Every time the AC-3200 reboots because of updated settings, or a forced reboot, the AC-3200 is never able to re-establish the internet connection. I am forced to reboot the SB6190 every time the AC-3200 is rebooted.

Any idea what may be causing this? This issue was present in the .57, and still in the .58 alphas... I noticed this issue after upgrading from the SB6183 to the SB6190. Comcast is my provider...
I have my AC87U connected to a SB6190 without issues. My ISP is COX & I have their "ultimate" service so my SB6190 is bonding to 24 downstream channels. Needless to say, since upgrading to the SB6190 from the SB6183 my Internet connection's performance is noticeably improved. No issues here whatsoever and, in fact, my connection has been spectacular since having the SB6190 provisioned.

However, I do notice that I have to manually reconnect to my WiFi with my Surface Pro 3 after each and every reboot but my Samsung Galaxy Note 5 seems unaffected. Therefore I suspect the issue is client-specific so I haven't bothered mentioning it until now. :)

Understood...

I have to do the same thing, but only on a factory default reboot

I'm pretty sure that I saw this in some other thread, although I can't find it now, but.... what's up with this "App" text?

Screenshot 2016-02-29 20.10.07.jpg

This App is a aplication for smartphone and you can configure the router with smartphone, very useful too

This App is a aplication for smartphone and you can configure the router with smartphone, very useful too

Ah, in Safari it shows a popup to download the Android version of the app (why not iOS too?) Firefox does nothing when you click on it...

Well, I know it's nothing to do with Merlin's build, but I think Asus could have found a better place for that... I was expecting it to be some type of status like the other icons.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1456779308.871158.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk