What's new

[Test builds] 380.58 alpha builds are now available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

i tested yet alpha3 but did not got picture over udpxy....but my provider is not movistar....

sent from Kodi 17 Krypton

Ok. Are you using "admin" as username?. If no, have you tried changing router's admin user to "admin"?. There's a bug if using other usernames with buggy behavior on iptv.

Ok. Are you using "admin" as username?. If no, have you tried changing router's admin user to "admin"?. There's a bug if using other usernames with buggy behavior on iptv.

Can you track down which specific component has issue with a different username? I know that a few such cases were fixed years ago, there might still be some service that will expect the superuser to be "admin". Those are usually easy to fix, as long I know which service is affected.

username is admin and never change it....

sent from Kodi 17 Krypton

This working last time i tested vpnbook.
# Automatically generated configuration
daemon
client
dev tun11
proto udp
remote 0
resolv-retry 30
nobind
persist-key
persist-tun
comp-lzo yes
cipher AES-128-CBC
script-security 2
route-delay 2
route-up vpnrouting.sh
route-pre-down vpnrouting.sh
verb 3
up updown.sh
down updown.sh
ca ca.crt
cert client.crt
key client.key
auth-user-pass up
status-version 2
status status

# Custom Configuration
remote 176.126.237.217 25000
remote euro217.vpnbook.com 25000
ns-cert-type server
fast-io

Hello, as per the error when the username is not "admin", what happens is that upon the following reboot, the IPTV routes are not fully loaded (only partially). I experienced this error some weeks ago in my rt-ac3200.

Does this say anything about the configuration?

http://pastebin.com/wp33w4Zz

They don't push any route to you, which means they are most likely not configured to redirect Internet traffic through them. This is how the PUSH request look like with vpnbook:

Code:
Mar 13 14:23:55 openvpn[833]: PUSH: Received control message: 'PUSH_REPLY,redirect-gateway def1,dhcp-option DNS  8.8.8.8,dhcp-option DNS  91.239.100.100,route 10.9.0.1,topology net30,ping 5,ping-restart 30,ifconfig 10.9.0.30 10.9.0.29'

The "redirect-gateway def1" instructs the client to redirect all traffic through its gateway.

Yours look like this:

Code:
Mar 11 00:31:27 openvpn[842]: PUSH: Received control message: 'PUSH_REPLY,dhcp-option DNS 202.14.67.4,dhcp-option DNS 202.14.67.14,ping 1,ping-restart 60,route-gateway 100.64.16.1,topology subnet,ifconfig 100.64.16.2 255.255.248.0'

route-gateway only instructs what gateway to use for routes that get pushed to the client, but I don't see any route pushed to you.

Try adding "redirect-gateway def1" to your Custom configuration to see if it resolves the issue.

Hello, as per the error when the username is not "admin", what happens is that upon the following reboot, the IPTV routes are not fully loaded (only partially). I experienced this error some weeks ago in my rt-ac3200.

Thank you FTC. @RMerlin: Yes, this is the problem but in my case rebooting doesn't fix the issue. If router's username is admin IPTV works fine but with different usernames and without all routes loaded I can only change TV channels up and down and very slow but I can't navigate thru IPTV menus, EPG ...

Woo hoo extra vpn client on optimized channels 1,3, 5. New openvpn code woo hoo...i like the direction the firmware is going Merlin. Thank you sir!!!

Merlin would it be possible to setup export, import and erase buttons in gui of openvpn client. If it's too much work then forget but i thought that would be helpful when moving vpn clients. Erase function would be cool. Again not a big deal, just more of convenience and maybe suggestion on future features if you desire.

Would it also be possible to make System log for full page where network tools buttons end?
That would give more real estate to check log file without too much scrolling.

firewall: Drop IPv6 neighbour solicitation broadcasts (Comcast fix) (default: No)

Should this be enabled if one has comcast. I have ipv6 disabled. How would one benefit from having this enabled. Just curious?

cf77301 openvpn: Mark OpenVPN traffic for CTF bypass

How does this work and any rough estimate in % increase. I did test but it's same as before. :)

3a07398 openvpn: ensure that clients set to route traffic through WAN are also excluded from DNS redirection

On Pia and vpn.ac when set to exclusive this was never an issue for me at least. Was working as switch watch. Just fyi but i see in log it says it's pushing. But cool new rule.

Thank you FTC. @RMerlin: Yes, this is the problem but in my case rebooting doesn't fix the issue. If router's username is admin IPTV works fine but with different usernames and without all routes loaded I can only change TV channels up and down and very slow but I can't navigate thru IPTV menus, EPG ...

I did a search in the code today, and couldn't find anything hardcoded to "admin" in rc, so I'm not sure why the router's username would matter.

Can you try setting your username to something different than admin, and post me the output of this command?

Code:
ps w

it will let me see if some process runs with the wrong user.

Woo hoo extra vpn client on optimized channels 1,3, 5. New openvpn code woo hoo...i like the direction the firmware is going Merlin. Thank you sir!!!

Merlin would it be possible to setup export, import and erase buttons in gui of openvpn client. If it's too much work then forget but i thought that would be helpful when moving vpn clients. Erase function would be cool. Again not a big deal, just more of convenience and maybe suggestion on future features if you desire.

There's already an Import function. I want to eventually add a "reset to default" option, but didn't have time to implement it for 380.58. I still need to give it more thought as to how to implement it.

An export option wouldn't make much sense there, but if you somehow need it, you can recover the client config file from /etc/openvpn/client1/ .

firewall: Drop IPv6 neighbour solicitation broadcasts (Comcast fix) (default: No)

Should this be enabled if one has comcast. I have ipv6 disabled. How would one benefit from having this enabled. Just curious?

Only if your system log gets flooded with neighbour discovery requests. This only happens on some Comcast nodes, and I'm not sure if it has been fixed on their side over time.

cf77301 openvpn: Mark OpenVPN traffic for CTF bypass

How does this work and any rough estimate in % increase. I did test but it's same as before. :)

Not everyone was affected by the issue. It depends on numerous factors. Search the forums for people's feedback as to how much difference it made for those that were affected.

Hi,

The most recent beta has been working great on my RT-AC68U until yesterday when everything slowed down, I logged in to the GUI and found that Core 2 was stuck at 100%

Today the slow down started again however the cpu's were both under 10% ?

Any idea whats causing this or how I can diagnose this?

CPU: 0.2% usr 0.1% sys 0.0% nic 99.4% idle 0.0% io 0.0% irq 0.0% sirq
Load average: 0.01 0.05 0.05 1/102 10150

Uploaded the latest 380.58 alpha build to my 5300 today and the first impressions these past hours are very positive. Better VPN and seemingly better and more stable wifi. Very happy.

Hi,

The most recent beta has been working great on my RT-AC68U until yesterday when everything slowed down, I logged in to the GUI and found that Core 2 was stuck at 100%

Today the slow down started again however the cpu's were both under 10% ?

Any idea whats causing this or how I can diagnose this?

CPU: 0.2% usr 0.1% sys 0.0% nic 99.4% idle 0.0% io 0.0% irq 0.0% sirq
Load average: 0.01 0.05 0.05 1/102 10150

If the CPU load ever get high again, use "top" to determine what's using all the CPU time.

Sorry to intrude in this forum.
But does this firmware finally fix the annoying and dreaded "WAN was exceptionally disconnected" and "WAN Connection: WAN was restored." bugs?
I started to notice this bug since the 2015 firmwares and its getting worse.
I'm currently using Merlin's 378.56_2 and it does every 10 minutes (lose connection, restore again). with the latest (380) it drops every 2 minutes.
Cant be the cablemodem as it does the same with 2 different ones (Arris TG862 and Motorola Surfboard). Cant be the ethernet cable as I changed it thrice.
As I searched online, I found that google search is plagued with these issues on all ASUS RT5XX and 6XX series.

Anyone knows if there is a thread related to that bug here in the Merlin forum?

Sorry to intrude in this forum.
But does this firmware finally fix the annoying and dreaded "WAN was exceptionally disconnected" and "WAN Connection: WAN was restored." bugs?
I started to notice this bug since the 2015 firmwares and its getting worse.
I'm currently using Merlin's 378.56_2 and it does every 10 minutes (lose connection, restore again). with the latest (380) it drops every 2 minutes.
Cant be the cablemodem as it does the same with 2 different ones (Arris TG862 and Motorola Surfboard). Cant be the ethernet cable as I changed it thrice.
As I searched online, I found that google search is plagued with these issues on all ASUS RT5XX and 6XX series.

Anyone knows if there is a thread related to that bug here in the Merlin forum?
did u try direct connecting from modem to pc and not use any router.
imo its ur cable internet connection thats the problem and not ur router .
any modem logs?
did u try a different router?
if u tried all above it could be router hw problem and not a fw problem