What's new

Transmission version?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

makem

Occasional Visitor
I am using version 380.58_0 and would like to know what version of transmission is being used on that version of the firmware please.

Suggest you re-read the info.

Open then Transmission web interface:
Open then Transmission web interface: http://<router-ip-address>:9091/transmission/web/
Click on Settings (the 'star' icon at the bottom left) and then click 'About'.

Click on Settings (the 'star' icon at the bottom left) and then click 'About'.

Thank you for that pertinent advice. However, having found the path to the index.html file to which you refer, I am unable to locate the TRANSMISSION_WEB_HOME environmental variable.

I am using a Linux operating system. Are you able to point me in the right direction?

Last edited:
The firmware doesn't come with the firmware installed. You need to install it first using the instructions Zirescu linked above. It will be installed on the router, not on a PC.
You also need to plug in an external USB drive to the router to store the torrent files. Make sure it's formatted in ext3.

Alternatively to joegreat's instructions, if you've installed Transmission under Entware on the router you can issue the following from the command line on the router to show the version number of Transmission:
/opt/bin/transmission-daemon -V

Should return something like: transmission-daemon 2.92 (14714)

Thank you.

Transmission aka Download Master is installable from the router interface using the 'Button' marked Download master so it was installed that way.

The command line is a good method but using putty to access the router I get a fatal error. Can you advise how to access the router firmware using putty?

Edit: Found how to access using SSH :)

But error: /opt/bin/transmission-daemon; not found :(

Last edited:
Download Master does technically use Transmission backend for Torrents, but as the Wiki article mentioned, old bloated, etc. The version included is 2.82.
Command line: ./dm2_transmission-daemon -V
Returns:
transmission-daemon 2.82 (14160)

Strongly recommend you uninstall Download Master and follow the instructions in the wiki.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!