What's new

Upgrading old 68U to latest?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Chris313AllNight

Regular Contributor
I have an old 68U that a friend of the family uses and I'm looking to set it up with the latest Merlin FW. When I set it up 2-3 years ago, it was done with pre-378.55 FW.

What are the steps I need to upgrade to the latest. I presume I can't just go from something that old to the latest.

I have an old 68U that a friend of the family uses and I'm looking to set it up with the latest Merlin FW. When I set it up 2-3 years ago, it was done with pre-378.55 FW.

What are the steps I need to upgrade to the latest. I presume I can't just go from something that old to the latest.
Flash first with 378.55 and reset to defaults. Minimal config to re-flash with present f/w 384.7_2 and again reset to defaults. Do not import any settings and be sure to clear your browser cache.

Flash first with 378.55 and reset to defaults. Minimal config to re-flash with present f/w 384.7_2 and again reset to defaults. Do not import any settings and be sure to clear your browser cache.

Thanks. I was thinking 55 to start. But I didn't know if there was more then just that and going to 384.7 (Probably .8 by the time I get the router in my possession.) I don't plan on saving any settings, since I can put all those back by hand. And it's being used on 2 different connections. One is AT&t U-verse, which won't be done anymore router wise. And what's being done soon is Suddenlink cable at 400/40, I believe.