What's new

USB HDD disk information

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

mrgenie

Occasional Visitor
Running 3.0.0.4.374.34_2 on a RT-AC66U

I now have attached 2 HDD's to my router by using a self powered USB hub.. WORKS

the disks are initialized properly..
SAMBA works..

Now the question is.. how can I see how much is used and free on each..
I know I can telnet and use df -h or partet, if it's supported in wrt..

but would it be possible to give this information nicely structurized in the GUI?
of course if you attach only 1 HDD to each USB port the available space is in the
"network map" visible.. but attaching 4 HDD's for example by using a USB Hub..
this seems to be impossible in the current Asus GUI..

Since it's there already in the GUI, it shouldn't be too much work to enable this for
all HDD's attached to a single USB HUB..

Thanks for all your hard work Merlin!
Your wrt is the only one capable of handling multiple HDD and 2+ Terabyte properly..

Tried Brainslayer, Kong, Tomato.. they all fail at some point..
Merlin-wrt is the only wrt I can get everything to work on 1 single properly configured router.

The OS can mount them, however Asuswrt is only designed to handle two separate disks. You won't be able to fully manage them through the webui.

rewrite

The OS can mount them, however Asuswrt is only designed to handle two separate disks. You won't be able to fully manage them through the webui.

And you can't rewrite them? I'll write to asus! :)

Very good they wrote their modules to handle USB-Hubs and multiple devices attached.. I think they "forgot" to add GUI support for it.. Maybe they wanna rewrite their code :)

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!