What's new

24 managed switch recommendation

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Victorbenjamion

New Around Here
Hey guys,

I need some recommendations for a small office 24p managed switch. The situation is fairly simple but requires VLAN and QoS.

Its an legally squatted office building with about 17 small to midsize businesses that mainly need access to the internet for browsing, mailing, SaaS, VOIP and download/streaming. I don't think there is any need for Gigabit traffic as most networking is external and the connection used is just a 100mbit line.

It has to be a managed switch so that each business has its own VLAN, cables run to their space (more if they have more then one room) and they can install their own w-accespoint if they wish.

Price is not a big issue, but there is no reason to pay extra for overkill.

I was thinking of either Netgear GS724T-300EUS or the Cisco SF300-24. Like I said, I am not sure if getting gigabit will make any difference, therefore I thought of taking the Cisco switch. (Both are €140 / $185)

Any suggestions are welcome, different switches or brands as well. I just wanted to make sure that I am on the right track!

Thanks,

Victor

Last edited:
Your needs are pretty simple. HP Procurves are well regarded. Also look at Dell. Many brands now come with lifetime warranties, so keep an eye out for that.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!