What's new

3.0.0.4.321 Beta Firmware for RT-N66U

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

This new firmware wreaks havoc with my Galaxy Nexus. As soon as the device goes to sleep it appears to lose the Wi-Fi connection, as when I wake it up the indicator will turn blue again from grey (meaning no connection to Google) and all my emails it should've alerted me about finally download.

I've had this issue off and on with previous firmwares, but this one is just horrible. I hope Asus doesn't release it in this state.

This new firmware wreaks havoc with my Galaxy Nexus. As soon as the device goes to sleep it appears to lose the Wi-Fi connection, as when I wake it up the indicator will turn blue again from grey (meaning no connection to Google) and all my emails it should've alerted me about finally download.

I've had this issue off and on with previous firmwares, but this one is just horrible. I hope Asus doesn't release it in this state.

I thought WIFI phones are designed to disconnect(sleep) when on standby to conserve battery, all iPhones in the household here does. I don't know maybe it's only for apple products.

I flashed this yesterday and all is going well.

We have three Galaxy Nexus phones and none has the issue you mention. Make sure you have the wifi always on under the wifi settings/advanced/keep wifi on during sleep.

So far I like this better than the official release. My 2.4 doesn't bog down like it did with the official firmware.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Never mind...my issue is more different than I described.

It doesn't seem to correlate with whether the device is sleeping or not...I was just browsing Twitter and it suddenly gave out for no reason. Wouldn't connect to anything at all until I disconnected and reconnected to the network.

The new wireless drivers in this beta seems to have fixed the instability I have with .246-.260 firmwares, so far it's stable and quick. They have disabled the DHCP logging, can anyone please tell us the command to enable the DHCP log? Thanks.

I thought WIFI phones are designed to disconnect(sleep) when on standby to conserve battery, all iPhones in the household here does. I don't know maybe it's only for apple products.

On the Nexus there is a setting to turn wifi on while sleeping. This allows you to receive emails, etc when your phone is asleep. I doubt that the original posters problem is this. Though he could make sure that the "Keep Wifi on Always" is checked.

What happened to the download site for the firmware? The last I got was 260

What happened to the download site for the firmware? The last I got was 260

The official asus.com firmware download site only has official releases on it. The last of those was the .260 firmware that you mention. The .321 firmware is Beta, and you'll find the URL for downloading it on this in the first posting of this thread (not from the official asus download site):

http://www.asus.ru/ftp/NW_TO_TEST/RT....0.0.4_321.trx

If you take a look at the URL above, you'll see that it isn't the asus site where you can download the official, final firmware releases.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!