What's new

[ 3004.388.6 alpha Build(s) ] Testing available build(s)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is a work-around that is much more secure: Disable WAN access altogether, and use OpenVPN to access the router remotely.

Without a doubt I hope that no one is using https to access their router from the WAN, but it is nevertheless a significant bug that has already caught at least one person. Or to put it another way, its easy to say that people shouldn't be using https to access their router from the WAN, but you gotta look at it from the developer point of view. https access from the WAN is a feature in this FW, and releasing a FW with a known significant bug is not a good thing.

Last edited:
This is a rarely used feature, but the bug is severe. Are you going to use this version of ASUS firmware, or wait for a fix? I guess it seems that sometimes, ASUS issues you a patch for specific bugs?
Their dev team was notified. I could either fix it myself, or have them fix it and provide me with their fix. It's possible that they even have already fixed it since that code snapshot. So, I chose the latter and will wait for them to provide me with a fix.

No emergency anyway, I'm still missing one model GPL before I can look toward the beta cycle.

AX-86U

I have a bunch of esp32 devices which used to work fine for years now:

- 388.5 - devices connect, but will loose connection even if they are still listed in wireless log
- 388.6 a1 - devices appear in wireless log list, but name is "not found" and IP addresses alternate between actual ip address and "not found"

in general log you can see them constantly reconnecting.

edit 1: power cycling didnt change the behavior
edit 2: after reflashing a1 again - devices are actually successfully logged in and responding. will report if its stable now

edit 3: dont know if this is really connected to firmware - but have now 850 Mbit to my cell phone via 5GHz - bevore it was hard limited on 750 Mbit.

edit 4: was running fine for 24 hours - now showing same behavior again.

Last edited:
I still have this phenomenon:

Steps to reproduce the phenomenon:
Smart Connect is enabled
Enable Target Wake Time, save settings (click on apply).
Goto professional tab, switch to 5 GHz, goto general tab, I see that Target Wake Time is disabled.
Goto professional tab, switch to 5 GHz, goto general tab, I see that Target Wake Time is still disabled.

Target wake time is only enabled, when you first switch to 2,4GHz in professional tab. It seems, I cannot enable Taget Wake Time in 5 GHz.
Can someone confirm this behaviour?

I have an AX88U as main router and an AX86S as an AiMesh node.

Attachments

• Unbenannt.png
    Unbenannt.png
    206.4 KB · Views: 99
Last edited:
Target wake time is only enabled, when you first switch to 2,4GHz in professional tab. It seems, I cannot enable Taget Wake Time in 5 GHz.
I can confirm that this begaviour is present in stable 388.5 too.
I'm back to 388.5 because I need a reliable system for work.

Last edited:
@RMerlin
Can you reproduce the problem above?
The webui only sets the first radio's nvram.

That will have to be resolved by Asus as I couldn't figure out how they handled multiple radio settings when Smart Connect was enabled.

I still have this phenomenon:

Steps to reproduce the phenomenon:
Smart Connect is enabled
Goto professional tab, switch to 5 GHz, goto general tab, I see that Target Wake Time is disabled.
Goto professional tab, switch to 5 GHz, goto general tab, I see that Target Wake Time is still disabled.

I have an AX88U as main router and an AX86S as an AiMesh node.

What if you first disable "Smart connect", try to enable for both 2,4 and 5 the option "Target Wake Time". If that is successful , enable the "Smart connect" and check the GUI status again.

Beta relsese is out

Wa can close this thread
@RMerlin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!