What's new

[ 388.4 alpha Build(s) ] Testing available build(s)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ethernet cable replugging or replacement, or doing an electrical reset can often resolve these Ethernet disconnection issues.

It trully may be, I do not mean to disrespect, but the router started crashing, just after this Alpha occured, and that log showed.

It all may be, just thought worth mention.
Still following router performenance, until Next Alpha will be released or Beta.

Kudos, anyway, fingers crossed.

Not sure why, it probably "crashed" few times, not even falling back to 80MHZ.

The system log shows uptime of 1 day and a bit.
Not sure what is happening, but will keep eyes on it.

1690223330179.png

Hope that by the beta everything will be OK.

@Damit1 I'm wondering what you define as a crash? To me a crash would be a state where you would have to press the reset button or power cycle the device to get back on line. A couple of lines in the log but the device continues to function as it should, would not be a crash in my mind. Just curious of what happens when your device crashes?

The info comes from Broadcom's API. Asus added it to the Wireless Log dump, I added the same info to my formatted display.

Check the content of the Wireless Log, see if it reports the same bogus value. If it does, then something is wrong on the Broadcom side of things.
Seems to be working correctly on XT12.

Is it recommended to do a full factory reset as mentioned in this release-note for a version we passed?!
ax86upro.png

Installed latest alpha on gt-ax6000.
Now when it powers on, after a couple of seconds it reboots.
I can't downgrade because of this. Any ideas?

Installed latest alpha on gt-ax6000.
Now when it powers on, after a couple of seconds it reboots.
I can't downgrade because of this. Any ideas?
Have you tried a factory reset using the WPS button and power switch method?

@Damit1 I'm wondering what you define as a crash? To me a crash would be a state where you would have to press the reset button or power cycle the device to get back on line. A couple of lines in the log but the device continues to function as it should, would not be a crash in my mind. Just curious of what happens when your device crashes?

The system crashes, so PPPOE dialer have to re-call the ISP and get new IP address.
That's it...

Smooth sailing without any problem. With log level "warning" no entries in the log. OVPN Server works flawlessly with ipv6.

388.4_alpa_onlinetime.JPG

EDIT for further information:
I did a non recommended "dirty update"from 388.2_2.

Last edited:
That's a bit scary. Glad I didn't immediately jump on the train and glad you were able to downgrade.

Any logs?
I thought it was a regular old fashioned update, did it 20 minutes before leaving home for work this morning.... My heart jumped from inside me as I noticed a problem occured 😂 glad I manage to please both my family (by bringing it to life again) and my boss (by not getting late)...
No logs, as when it rebooted, all logs are gone

I thought it was a regular old fashioned update, did it 20 minutes before leaving home for work this morning.... My heart jumped from inside me as I noticed a problem occured 😂 glad I manage to please both my family (by bringing it to life again) and my boss (by not getting late)...
No logs, as when it rebooted, all logs are gone
Never install an update when you're in a hurry. I learned that the hard way. I rebooted the router manually when it said 100% done. But it wasn't really finished updating. When it finally rebooted it had lost all its settings and came back with the default start screen to set up the router for the first time. Now I'm always waiting a few extra minutes before doing a manual reboot.

@maghuro
Glad you were able to downgrade, but not the way I wanted to hear about the 6000 getting the alpha. Honestly, I haven't experienced any issues with alphas/betas for such a long time issues seem an anomaly.
Watching patiently as fw progresses, for that "regular old-fashioned update" we are used to experiencing!
Edit: Zero Issues with current FWs.

No problems with my GT-AX6000 so far. Although...one little bug in ASUSWRT that's been around for several years already:

1) Clear NVRAM

2) Put your router in AP mode

3) Apply hostname and domain in LAN settings and you won't be able to access the LAN interface anymore (need to power cycle the device once for that).

Never install an update when you're in a hurry. I learned that the hard way. I rebooted the router manually when it said 100% done. But it wasn't really finished updating. When it finally rebooted it had lost all its settings and came back with the default start screen to set up the router for the first time. Now I'm always waiting a few extra minutes before doing a manual reboot.
That's probably what happened to @maghuro, he rebooted the router too early. I've noticed the screen update isn't sync the normal way(slow) as it shows to reboot manually at the end even if the upgrade hasn't finished. Be carefull when you see this message, wait it out a bit until you see the log on screen.
reboot.png

Mine was a good firmware update to 388.4 A1.

GT-AX6000

I'm not sure, was the bootloader updated to 1.0.0.4 with this firmware? For GT-AX6000 that will try this firmware, what is your bootloader version before doing it, 1.0.0.1?

That's probably what happened to @maghuro, he rebooted the router too early. I've noticed the screen update isn't sync the normal way(slow) as it shows to reboot manually at the end even if the upgrade hasn't finished. Be carefull when you see this message, wait it out a bit until you see the log on screen.
View attachment 51937
Mine was a good firmware update to 388.4 A1.

GT-AX6000
I successfully updated GT-AX6000 from Merlin 388.2_2 to Merlin 388.4 alpha1. Simply watched router lights for indication of completion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!