What's new

[ 388.4 alpha Build(s) ] Testing available build(s)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.

octopus

Part of the Furniture
As usual, no support is given on alpha programs.

Available builds:

NEW 20230725

RT-AX88U_PRO
RT-AX86U_PRO
GT-AX6000
GT-AX11000_PRO
GT-AXE16000

- NOTE: The RT-AX56U is now longer supported, as Asus has put it
on End-of-Life status, and the previous Asuswrt-Merlin 388
releases for that model were all based on untested code.

- NEW: Display channel utilization for supported platforms on the
Wireless Log page. Note that some wireless drivers are
buggy and always return 100% - this would have to be fixed
by Broadcom.

NEW 20230722
XT12

NEW 20230719
RT-AX86U
RT-AX88U

RT-AX58U
RT-AX68U
GT-AXE11000
GT-AX11000

- NEW: Display channel utilization for supported platforms on the
Wireless Log page.
- UPDATED: Merged GPL 388_23588.
- UPDATED: curl to 8.1.2.
- UPDATED: OpenVPN to 2.6.5.
- UPDATED: openssl to 1.1.1u.
- UPDATED: tor to 0.4.7.13.
- CHANGED: FTP server will now only support strong ciphers
in TLS mode.
- FIXED: QOS Classification showing no Upload data on some
WAN configurations.
- REMOVED: Ethernet port status from the Tools Sysinfo page
(as this is redundant with Asus' own display
now available on the networkmap page).

Last edited:
Don't recall seeing any Asus releases using 388.23588 is this another Beta firmware provided by Asus to Merlin ? I seems Asus is playing the GPL game again. The problem i see using code that contains no Asus change logs are there is no way of knowing what security and other fixes are included in 23588 there is no way to know. Just wish they would give Merlin what's available currently for stock firmware, then one can compare what Asus has included and also what Merlin has included.

The problem i see using code that contains no Asus change logs are there is no way of knowing what security and other fixes are included in 23588 there is no way to know.
It will contain any fixes included in the closest release before it. In this case, this one:

Unlike Asus, I need the same GPL code for every single model that I support. Therefore they provide me with what's current at the time they prepare the release, typically including a few extra fixes that were only done after their last release. I don`t see what you are complaining about here.

Nice to see Alpha's start to show up. Will keep an eye on this thread.

I hope to see a build for my GT-AX6000 soon in order to fix the upload problem (currently I'm using the official Asus firmware which has already fixed it).

I hope to see a build for my GT-AX6000 soon in order to fix the upload problem (currently I'm using the official Asus firmware which has already fixed it).

Me too. I'd likely run this until I better understand whether there is going to be a Merlin 3.0.0.6.

So far, no issues to report on my AX58U.

Indeed. It's been a dry couple of months for firmware users.
I personally prefer a good stable firmware that is occasionally released than a rushed one for the shake of pleasing users who would like to see a new one every month.

Those that want to self-compile, you need automake-1.16.5 . 1.16.1 causes compilation to stop. Ubuntu has development packages and has 1.16.5 available. Just wanted to let you guys know.

The last official Asus release for the AX68U was back in 2022, is there any chance this alpha has updates for the 5Ghz since 388.2? Or is there any way to see what has changed from Asus since the last GPL merge? Getting occasional fatal error crashing on 5ghz, willing to try this alpha out to see if it makes it better or worse.

All operational on GT-AXE11000. Installed everything from scratch including the various Add-Ons (as per signature). Not used the AXE11000 for awhile as got sick of the random router reboots every week or so, so shelved the the AXE11000 for over six to nine months.
The 6GHz WiFi link appeared and operational on my Win11 Laptop for about say 15mins, now gone as a WiFi selection, reboots of Router and Laptop, the 6GHz WiFi still not reappeared. i.e Gone MIA...
1688942825406.png

| Update: Discovered that when I altered the WiFi SSID and later created a Guest WiFi SSID the 6GHz band reappeared for say 10-15mins, then disappeared again to my Lenovo Win11 Laptop (Intel AX211 with latest driver). When 6GHz SSID visible able to connect and works great. I'll play with my second AXE11000 in a few days, to see if I can create a failure pattern on ASUS stock firmware to report to ASUS, as picking this behaviour not linked to anything in rmerlin's code as wireless operation.
Otherwise all running great on this Alpha level to my 40-50 odd home connection clients.

Last edited:
AX58U updated without a problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!