What's new

[ 388.4 alpha Build(s) ] Testing available build(s)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
The suggestion that Maghuro's experience is likely to be a universal one, "Gt-ax6000 users, please skip this alpha" flies in the face of years of observation with firmware updates (alpha, beta, or otherwise) on this board. His experience is more than likely to be unique to him. We're already seeing others with successful installs on the AX6000.

That's probably what happened to @maghuro, he rebooted the router too early. I've noticed the screen update isn't sync the normal way(slow) as it shows to reboot manually at the end even if the upgrade hasn't finished. Be carefull when you see this message, wait it out a bit until you see the log on screen.
View attachment 51937
Mine was a good firmware update to 388.4 A1.

GT-AX6000
Early observation, 2.5 LAN port stays lit even if LED lights were disabled from admin/sys.

Early observation, 2.5 LAN port stays lit even if LED lights were disabled from admin/sys.
I see the same — the 2.5 GB LAN port light stays lit no matter how LEDs are turned off (button on router, web UI, or amtm lc command). Minor annoyance in the big picture as router appears to be rock solid otherwise.

For those who had success with gt-ax6000 install... Are you using rog or non-rog version?

For those who had success with gt-ax6000 install... Are you using rog or non-rog version?

Non-rog. Another data point here, GT-AX6000 working well with this Alpha release. Early yet, but everything looks good after a reset and reboot. And I like the much more relaxing UI than the Asus "gaming" UI I came from *smile*.

Non-rog. Another data point here, GT-AX6000 working well with this Alpha release. Early yet, but everything looks good after a reset and reboot. And I like the much more relaxing UI than the Asus "gaming" UI I came from *smile*.
I tried again. Same symptoms. I think it auto reboots always after getting an IP from wan.

I'll try right now the non rog one.

I tried again. Same symptoms. I think it auto reboots always after getting an IP from wan.

I'll try right now the non rog one.
Tried non rog. Same symptoms. I don't see any erroneous entry on the log. It reboots after syncing ntp... Strange isn't it?

For now , I'll stick with latest stable version... Don't know what's happening on my side, but I can't debug it.

I manage to downgrade it on the last second before reboot.
Installing right now, I'll give feedback.
Gt-ax6000 users, please skip this alpha.

No issues here upgrading multiple GT-AX6000s. Non-ROG.

I believe you need to do a full reset after flashing the Alpha on your unit (it is not in a good/known state).

No issues here upgrading multiple GT-AX6000s. Non-ROG.

I believe you need to do a full reset after flashing the Alpha on your unit (it is not in a good/known state).
I was trying to avoid that...

What's the big change in this release that is breaking my router?

Every other update went so smooth...

I'm hoping to avoid a reset as well. When I purchased my first GT-AX6000 in the January timeframe, I was able to bounce between official 388, Merlin 388, and official 9.0.0.6 beta without having to reset. I'm currently on 3.0.0.6.102_21514. I suppose I'll try 388.4_a1 on my AP first to see how that goes. But I've got to let some network backups finish before I can tinker.

I'll skip that alpha. I'll update when a beta/stable comes out.

My fear is that the same symptom happens.
If so, then I'll reset everything and manually config everything....

EDIT: @shabbs saw your post, and for a brief moment I thought RMerlin posted the 6000 into the alpha stage.
Fresh drop... GT-AX6000 is there. Let's GO!

EDIT: Router upgrade completed without issue. All devices re-connected without issue. DDNS config good. DNS Director good. VPN Director good. IPTV good. IOT/Nest/TP-Link/Google devices all good.

Internet speed test in line with expectations:

1690330531510.png

Will give the whole system a restart in a bit and then let it settle.

For the record, this is the first time I'm loading an Alpha on the router. Typically I'll wait for Release... but hey, YOLO!

RIP uptime...

1690331291365.png

Last edited:
axe16000. no issues

I noticed on RT-AX88U Pro, upload speed is reduced significantly, on gigabyte plus I only get 300 Mbps. Rolling back fixed the speed issue.

Just updated my GT-AX6000 without any problem.

Noting, WAN not come up have to manually turn it off/on.
USB ssd disk not mounted have to pull cable and then mount fine.

Thank you for new buld !
octopus

Last edited:
Just rebooted the whole system yesterday evening, will see how does it go.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!