What's new

[ 3004.388.7 alpha 1 Build(s) ] Testing available build(s)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
What do you get from:
Code:
nvram get extendno
1711669266540.png

Loaded the most recent Alpha on the router and APs this morning. Will update if there's anything that shakes out.

I took the chance and dropped alpha, 3004.388.7_alpha1-g83fdb5cabf, on. 6 days, 1 hour, 35 minutes solid. Been perfect and now on latest alpha for 24 hours all good. My 2.4g was disconnecting some on 3004.388.6.

Hopefully the chocolate kind...
That would be a very special "release"
Preferably the Cadberry filled variety would make it a very special premium "release" 🐰

Last edited:
Why did you flash the old one?

RT-AX86U_3004_388.7_alpha1-g4c689dffeb is the one you should be running today.

Why did you flash the old one?

RT-AX86U_3004_388.7_alpha1-g4c689dffeb is the one you should be running today.
Assuming this is at me, I flashed to 3004.388.7_alpha1-g83fdb5cabf 6 days ago. I am now on 3004_388.7_alpha1-g4c689dffeb, 24 hours solid. In my sig.

Having updated the AC5300 nodes with the 3004.386.13_beta1 drop today, this now seems corrected in the router UI (3004.388.7_alpha1-g4c689dffeb), so maybe the issue was the prior AC5300 firmware sending incomplete version info to the router in the first place. Perhaps a string length limit given the unusually long alpha build numbers. Can't say I noticed it before, but perhaps this is not a recent issue.

1711745370537.png

Last edited:
Updated my GT-AX6000 almost all seems fine.
Only get this in log:
dnsmasq[11794]: failed to send packet: Permission denied
Anyone know what it's mean?

Screenshot 2024-03-29 at 22-07-02 ASUS Wireless Router GT-AX6000 - System Information.png

Thank you for g4c689dffeb. Everything works as expected, no issues to report.

@RMerlin (Perhaps you already know but...) My IPv6 (TAB under System Log) does not open in the "Typical Framed" manner we would expect. It's opening as a "FULL-Page" Browser window.

Which router? I know it's fine on my router so maybe try clearing your browser cache, different browser, incognito?

Attachments

• Selection_028.png
    Selection_028.png
    87.2 KB · Views: 32
Which router? I know it's fine on my router so maybe try clearing your browser cache, different browser, incognito?
On my RT-AX86U... I tried clearing my browser cache (almost immediately) after seeing the oddity.
But (In my case) it didn't change anything.
However, I'm planning on... Resetting Everything & Going Clean.
I want to re-arrange our network hardware so that..
-The NEWER RT-AX88U_Pro is the Main Router & the RT-AX86U becomes a simple MESH Node.
Of course, implementing the changes with minimal family network disruption is the real challenge.
Glad to hear it's just me...
And sorry to bother RMERLIN unnecessarily, my apologies.

No need to apologise to anyone. Any feedback is good feedback, but I just haven't seen anyone else mention this error.
Good luck re-arranging 👍🏼

@RMerlin (Perhaps you already know but...) My IPv6 (TAB under System Log) does not open in the "Typical Framed" manner we would expect. It's opening as a "FULL-Page" Browser window.
I came to report the same problem. Everything else in the new alpha seems good to go here.

Running for almost 3 days without noticeable issues on the latest alpha.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!